Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

Problems with LTFT on LPG

(1/4) > >>

olm:
Hello, I wanted to ask you a question regarding the LPG calibration since the conversion to Omega is quite common there. It turns out that it is quite common for the proportions of butane and propane to change and you regularly have to adjust the LPG times, but this time it is impossible to lower the LTFT, it ranges between 15-20% and it does not matter whether I add or cut it, I notice a change in the engine sound but the LTFT remains the same, when I change to gasoline it drops quickly and everything is Good, so I rule out that it is any sensor in the car, in addition to the fact that the problem coincided after refueling.
Could someone tell me what it could be? Thanks

TheBoy:
If it reverts to nigh on 0% on petrol, its the LPG thats the problem.  Note, with piggy-backed LPG, it will never be 0% on LPG, but should really stay single digits, or very low double digits, even with shittier LPG setups - assuming nobody still uses mixer setups.

From memory, a positive trim on those means its having to increase fuelling, negative is decreasing fuelling.

So if its fuelling up, thats not enough LPG getting in, if its trimming down, then not enough fuel is getting in.

Its most likely to be mapping on that bank, or a fuelling restriction, or a pressure difference between the banks.

olm:
Yes, it is not the first time that this has happened to me after refueling, but with a slight adjustment to the calibration it was perfect. The problem is that now it does not respond and it does not matter if I add a lot or a little or even cut, the LTFT does not change. I can't find an explanation, but as soon as I put it on petrol it goes down quickly and works perfectly.
It happens in both banks equally

Doctor Gollum:
What's the thermostat doing? Coolant temp at ECU sensor Vs radiator temp Vs evaporator temp...

When did the issue start? ie sudden climatic change or just refuelled or change of use of the car...

TheBoy:

--- Quote from: olm on 05 March 2024, 03:20:22 ---Yes, it is not the first time that this has happened to me after refueling, but with a slight adjustment to the calibration it was perfect. The problem is that now it does not respond and it does not matter if I add a lot or a little or even cut, the LTFT does not change. I can't find an explanation, but as soon as I put it on petrol it goes down quickly and works perfectly.
It happens in both banks equally

--- End quote ---
Both banks would therefore imply a fuelling restriction (if positive trim), so blocked LPG filter, kinked hose, tank or evap valve not fully opening etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version