Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

central locking

(1/2) > >>

robson:
My passenger door  central locking gave up a few weeks ago.Now suddenly it is working ok any ideas I should be so lucky

Doctor Gollum:
Temperature/humidity related perhaps, but to answer your question, no.

johnnydog:
Most likely will be the central locking motor starting to give up the ghost. Whenever any of mine have started playing up, the fault starts with the affected door intermittantly not locking or unlocking with the others, or being sluggish. It may be back working at the moment, but the likelihood is that it will play up  again, and then pack up altogether.

Terbs:
My drivers door locking motor has given up the ghost too. It started playing up if it was damp or wet atmosphere, then cleared when fine. So now it needs replacing.

TheBoy:

--- Quote from: robson on 26 March 2024, 17:22:17 ---My passenger door  central locking gave up a few weeks ago.Now suddenly it is working ok any ideas I should be so lucky

--- End quote ---
Fear not, it will play up again soon, until you fix it.  They usually start out intermittent, then eventually get to the point they properly screw your over, esp if its the driver's door one.

I'd refrain from dead-locking it, and also ensuring that the key works smoothly in the lock.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version