Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

Is Sandwich Plate same as Intake Flange

(1/2) > >>

polilara:
So I am there deep in V, Y26SE V6. Looking for Torque Values. Is it so that Sandwich Plate to Heads is 20Nm and thus next part Intage Bridge to Sandwich Plate is 20Nm, too. How about those four bolts of plenum to Intake?

TheBoy:
Plenum to intake is 8Nm IIRC

Nick W:

--- Quote from: TheBoy on 28 March 2024, 14:12:42 ---Plenum to intake is 8Nm IIRC

--- End quote ---

Which is what you'd expect for an M6 fastener.

I would consider using a torque wrench on the bolts into the plastic manifold, but don't see the need for any of the others.

polilara:
Thanks, yes, have to be careful with those plastic parts. What I often wonder is the warning of cam cover bolts overtightening. How can you warp the covers? It is 'Metal to Metal". I tighten them as long as I can feel this metal contact when the brass spacer contacts the head and that's it.

TheBoy:

--- Quote from: polilara on 29 March 2024, 08:48:59 ---Thanks, yes, have to be careful with those plastic parts. What I often wonder is the warning of cam cover bolts overtightening. How can you warp the covers? It is 'Metal to Metal". I tighten them as long as I can feel this metal contact when the brass spacer contacts the head and that's it.

--- End quote ---
The plastic cam covers can easily be overtightened on V6 engines  Remember there is an o ring between the cam cover and the camshaft bit it bolts to.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version