Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Climate control panel  (Read 1566 times)

Omegadoha, Desert Member

• Omega Knight
  • Doha, Qatar
    • View Profile
Climate control panel
« on: 18 December 2009, 18:30:25 »

On the facelift, are the climate control panels interchangeable? I changed mine over so should it function normally?

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: Climate control panel
« Reply #1 on: 18 December 2009, 18:39:04 »

should be, they are the same from GLS to Elite. You having issues?

Omegadoha, Desert Member

• Omega Knight
  • Doha, Qatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 December 2009, 18:50:38 »

The panel works, but the a/c has been on the way out. I think it's a coincedence though since the a/c has got less and less cooler and now warm over last couple of weeks. It blows out hot air fine though and the fan speed adjusts with the temperature control. I am suspecting a leak in the a/c but just thought I'd check that the panels are interchangeable.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 December 2009, 19:44:27 »

never seen a facelift climate panel fail, much more likey you have a leak or the compressor has given up.

Check the condenser / drier, my condenser failed....

To check the compressor, under engine idle, press OFF, should notice the revs drop. Then press AUTO, you should hear a click, and the revs rise slightly.

If that happens the compressor is fine, and its most likey a gas leak  :y
« Last Edit: 18 December 2009, 19:45:06 by tunnie »

Omegadoha, Desert Member

• Omega Knight
  • Doha, Qatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 December 2009, 19:56:40 »

I think the compressor is ok, you can usually feel it kicking in plus the fuel consumption increases slightly. Had a lot of the pipework replaced recently and the expansion valve. So I'm ready to shell another few thousand Riyals (two - three hundred quid to fix this new problem.  :'( :'(

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 December 2009, 20:11:36 »

you should be able to get a pressure test done, they vac the system of the air-con gas, and pump some safe stuff back in, then they see if it holds its pressure

Omegadoha, Desert Member

• Omega Knight
  • Doha, Qatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 December 2009, 07:30:47 »

Thanks Tunnie - I've handed it in this morning so I'll await the verdict. Hopefully with the cooler weather they (dealer) wont be swamped with A/C repairs.  ;D

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 December 2009, 09:34:37 »

Thanks Tunnie - I've handed it in this morning so I'll await the verdict. Hopefully with the cooler weather they (dealer) wont be swamped with A/C repairs.  ;D

My money is on the condensor failed, mine was replaced shortly after i got it in 2006, amazed how bad it was, it was leaking like a good-un, could see huge patches of the dye they used.

Because its hidden by the main rad and cooling fans, its hard to see if it leaks. More of a problem on the 4 pots, as they only have a single cooling fan so its open to the elements a bit more. V6 has two cooling fans so its protected more.
« Last Edit: 19 December 2009, 09:35:02 by tunnie »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19 December 2009, 11:06:06 »

The panels are physically identical, but may have different configs set in software depending on car spec. Adjustable with tech2
Grumpy old man

Omegadoha, Desert Member

• Omega Knight
  • Doha, Qatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 December 2009, 14:01:58 »

My money is on the condensor failed, mine was replaced shortly after i got it in 2006, amazed how bad it was, it was leaking like a good-un, could see huge patches of the dye they used.

Because its hidden by the main rad and cooling fans, its hard to see if it leaks. More of a problem on the 4 pots, as they only have a single cooling fan so its open to the elements a bit more. V6 has two cooling fans so its protected more.

Tunnie - guess what: you might be spot on. I just spoke to the dealer and he reckons it looks like it's the condenser. They are going to check it again and I'll find out in the morning.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21 December 2009, 14:24:39 »

Tunnie - guess what: you might be spot on. I just spoke to the dealer and he reckons it looks like it's the condenser. They are going to check it again and I'll find out in the morning.

Not the cheapest fix, on the upside, my climate was a whole lot colder with a new condensor, its worth chaning the dryer at the same time  :y
« Last Edit: 21 December 2009, 14:25:07 by tunnie »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21 December 2009, 14:48:56 »

Not the cheapest fix, on the upside, my climate was a whole lot colder with a new condensor, its worth chaning the dryer at the same time  :y
Its essential
Grumpy old man

Omegadoha, Desert Member

• Omega Knight
  • Doha, Qatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22 December 2009, 16:28:11 »

Spoke to the Service Agent again today and he said they couldn't find a leak. He also said that they have put some tracer into the system and do drive around for a month or so and see if it does leak.

But the worrying part is that he stated if the condenser has indeed failed they cannot change it. Is it really that hard to do? and whereabouts is it located?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 19 queries.