Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ex Police V6 3.2 Manual Special for Auction 5th June at Mathewsons  (Read 1218 times)

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile

Don't know whether this has been talked about previously, but for those who may be interested, an ex Police 3.2 Special manual saloon is up for auction on Saturday 5th June at Mathewsons, North Yorkshire (Bangers and Cash fame). NU04NBF, ex TVP with 149k recorded. Currently liveried in battenburg and has working Police auxillaries.  Seems half decent, bit of rust appearing on r/n/s wheelarch, and looks like it has had replacement early Elite leather seats, but overall I've seen far worse......
Just thought it was worth the heads up for anyone interested in that sort of thing  :y

https://www.mathewsons.co.uk/product/2004-vauxhall-omega-v6-special-police-colourscurrent-v5-present-paperwork-includes-mot-certificates-the-vendor-has-kindly-supplied-the-following-informationthe-car-was-on-the-thames-valley-pol/
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile

An interesting find :y

Appart from the livery, it isn't technically accurate, which is a shame as there's well over a grands worth of stuff to put into it to make it right... If you're into that sort of thing.

The livery is the difficult part, so that's something in it's favour. I wonder if the original history includes all the service body work...

As a side note, this car was on my potential list when it came out of service, but I dismissed it as it was a saloon and a traffic car. My primary criteria were age and colour for taxi use. In the end I settled on my '54 Accident Investigation estate... Much lower mileage and no battle damage.
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile

Not many of those left.
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile

Be interesting to see what it makes, have been to their premises several times over the years last time in 2019 when they had a pristine 3.4 Jaguar up for sale .
« Last Edit: 04 June 2021, 12:30:14 by Rangie »
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile

I might be biased but I don't think there's been many better looking traffic cars.

Our old ST220 estates were lovely mind...

I'm no expert but that light bar looks too modern for the big old bus?
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile

It would originally have had a 49" Whelen Edge strobe/halogen bar fitted and unlikely to have had the fend off lights on the front bumper :y

https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3121001

None of the interior gubbins is correct either, from the pics,  but it is passable for tellybox work which is what it implies it was built for rather than as a replica...

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile

Well, I watched the auction of this Omega online. It got £2200, but a provisional sale. Whether that will actually buy it, who knows. Unfortunately, there didn't seem to be that much interest in it.
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile

Plod stuff is an acquired taste, and running a marked vehicle is a faff, especially without club backing, and from experience, they're a very odd bunch. Not dissimilar to a Parish Council Biscuit Committee...  :D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile

Plod stuff is an acquired taste, and running a marked vehicle is a faff, especially without club backing, and from experience, they're a very odd bunch. Not dissimilar to a Parish Council Biscuit Committee... :D

I'd imagine you fitted in well then?  :P  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile

Plod stuff is an acquired taste, and running a marked vehicle is a faff, especially without club backing, and from experience, they're a very odd bunch. Not dissimilar to a Parish Council Biscuit Committee... :D

Don't you start  ;D
Diesel till I die

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile

These ex police vehicles are right in many film and tv productions.  However, sometimes their presence is not convincing, and make me chuckle,  like in day time Doctors on BBC 1 (many of you probably do not watch it!! ::) ::))  where there is a regular appearance of a fully Police marked up Volvo estate - with a 05 plate - being used apparently in 2021 :D :D ::) ::)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile

Far too cliquey for me :P

There's a big difference between ex job members who enjoyed the cars they drove and the flat cap perfectionists
« Last Edit: 06 June 2021, 15:13:10 by Doctor Gollum »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile

These ex police vehicles are right in many film and tv productions.  However, sometimes their presence is not convincing, and make me chuckle,  like in day time Doctors on BBC 1 (many of you probably do not watch it!! ::) ::))  where there is a regular appearance of a fully Police marked up Volvo estate - with a 05 plate - being used apparently in 2021 :D :D ::) ::)
That's the difference between fiction and a period drama ;D

Besides, now all the old people have stopped paying their tv tax, the beeb doesn't have the budget...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 21 queries.