Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: India .....and that Smoking thing  (Read 3393 times)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
India .....and that Smoking thing
« on: 20 September 2019, 15:01:20 »

The population of India is 1.39 Billion People, quiet of lot of Peeps, just to put it into prospective China has a Population of 1.42 Billion, so there not far behind and rapidly catching up.

Smoking, 70% of the Adult Males in India Smoke, yes 70%, and the Women are not that far behind, good news for the likes of The British & American Tobacco Company, Phillip Morris etc in terms of Sales Profits and obviously good news for the Indian Government in there Tax takings.

But heres the thing, you would think with these Alarming Smoking Figures which are also increasing, the Indian Government would want to do something towards the Health and Welfare of its People in order to help?

Well, now they have, this week in fact, The Indian Government, have, pretty much Overnight, signed off a New Rule to completely Ban, yes a Total Blanket Ban on            ......wait for it, ...Vaping, I think thats the one that helps Peeps give up Smoking but where you hardly make any Tax on.

The Ban, will include, The Sale, Manufacture, Distribution, Import, Export and any Repairable Parts or Items to do with Vape Devices and E Liquids with Heavy Penalties for those who choose to ignore the New Ruling.

Now, so what, you may think, if there all busy Smoking anyway, well 42 Million of them, and increasing, are Vapors, and to put that into prospective, if you add the all the Vapors in the UK, Europe and USA all together that totals to about half the 42 Million Vapors in India, in fact 42 Million is approximately half of all the Vapors on the Planet. So, serious repercussions on the Vaping Industry.

Its all about the Money Honey.

« Last Edit: 20 September 2019, 15:03:05 by zirk »

STEMO

Re: India .....and that Smoking thing
« Reply #1 on: 20 September 2019, 15:19:41 »

People know, or should know, about the dangers of smoking. Vaping is advertised as a completely healthy alternative. Not so, according to a US study, who say that there have been deaths caused by vaping. It's all about the wool being pulled over people's eyes.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 September 2019, 15:22:52 »

People know, or should know, about the dangers of smoking. Vaping is advertised as a completely healthy alternative. Not so, according to a US study, who say that there have been deaths caused by vaping. It's all about the wool being pulled over people's eyes.
I think youve Hit the Nail on the Head there Steve    ..a US Study     ....probably Sponsored and secretly Funded by.....
« Last Edit: 20 September 2019, 15:25:28 by zirk »

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 September 2019, 15:29:22 »

Their country is hugely overpopulated. Why would the Govt. want people to stop smoking ?
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 September 2019, 16:36:24 »

Smoking used to be considered good for you...  ::)

The only thing that should be dragged into your lungs is good, clean, fresh air!  Anything else will kill you.  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 September 2019, 16:53:26 »

Nah....smoking can't possibly be dangerous. Ciggies would be banned if this were true. :)

Besides, In the USA in the fifties real doctors would endorse cigarettes by actually advertising the brand that 'doctors smoke' :) 

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 September 2019, 17:00:37 »

Nah....smoking can't possibly be dangerous. Ciggies would be banned if this were true. :)

Besides, In the USA in the fifties real doctors would endorse cigarettes by actually advertising the brand that 'doctors smoke' :)

Nothing wrong with your memory M'lud!  :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 September 2019, 17:07:09 »

https://youtu.be/sxrCjmqRTz0

See......can't get much more healthy than this. :)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 September 2019, 17:12:57 »

Trump and the USA are moving to ban flavoured vapes.

Is the banning maybe to do with it being easy to use vaping for addictive drug intake?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20 September 2019, 17:16:26 »

https://youtu.be/sxrCjmqRTz0

See......can't get much more healthy than this. :)

Englishman, Irishman and Scotsman are travelling through the desert with their camel and they stop for the night. 

The Scotsman said " I'm going to sleep under those palm trees over there "

The Irishman said "Well, I'll sleep under the camel"

The Englishman rolls his eyes and said "You two can do what you like, but I'll be in the hotel round the back!"

It's an old joke that always makes me chuckle, and you have to remember that a packet of Camel's had a picture of an Arabian palace on the back!  ;D 

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 20 September 2019, 18:44:13 »

The population of India is 1.39 Billion People, quiet of lot of Peeps, just to put it into prospective China has a Population of 1.42 Billion, so there not far behind and rapidly catching up.

Smoking, 70% of the Adult Males in India Smoke, yes 70%, and the Women are not that far behind, good news for the likes of The British & American Tobacco Company, Phillip Morris etc in terms of Sales Profits and obviously good news for the Indian Government in there Tax takings.

But heres the thing, you would think with these Alarming Smoking Figures which are also increasing, the Indian Government would want to do something towards the Health and Welfare of its People in order to help?

Well, now they have, this week in fact, The Indian Government, have, pretty much Overnight, signed off a New Rule to completely Ban, yes a Total Blanket Ban on            ......wait for it, ...Vaping, I think thats the one that helps Peeps give up Smoking but where you hardly make any Tax on.

The Ban, will include, The Sale, Manufacture, Distribution, Import, Export and any Repairable Parts or Items to do with Vape Devices and E Liquids with Heavy Penalties for those who choose to ignore the New Ruling.

Now, so what, you may think, if there all busy Smoking anyway, well 42 Million of them, and increasing, are Vapors, and to put that into prospective, if you add the all the Vapors in the UK, Europe and USA all together that totals to about half the 42 Million Vapors in India, in fact 42 Million is approximately half of all the Vapors on the Planet. So, serious repercussions on the Vaping Industry.

Its all about the Money Honey.

That company, worth many billions of dollars, was our main parent company, with our mother company, Gallaghers, a subsidiary of them, when I was in retail.  I remember the panic that came about when multi-million lawsuits started to be issued against those companies by group legal actions who were making claims due to the harm their products had on their health.  They were also being heavily criticised for still heavily advertising in third world countries and causing deaths when in the West we knew the dangers.

To hear that they are still heavily involved in selling tobacco products in India surprised me greatly, and the legal implications, I am sure, will come their way again in due course! :o :o ;)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 20 September 2019, 20:10:26 »

Is the banning maybe to do with it being easy to use vaping for addictive drug intake?

Some of the unregulated flavourings are causing rapid respiratory failure in the US (we are taking 1000s of cases) and quite a few deaths, hence the rapid decision to ban them. I don't disagree with this ban. Anybody that does vape in in uncharted territory on the long term health implications as they haven't been around long enough for anybody to know. :o
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 21 September 2019, 20:08:26 »

Some of the unregulated flavourings are causing rapid respiratory failure in the US (we are taking 1000s of cases) and quite a few deaths, hence the rapid decision to ban them. I don't disagree with this ban. Anybody that does vape in in uncharted territory on the long term health implications as they haven't been around long enough for anybody to know. :o

But smoking is far worse, so for those that need to smoke something, it must still be the best option ;)

STEMO

« Reply #13 on: 21 September 2019, 20:48:29 »

But smoking is far worse, so for those that need to smoke something, it must still be the best option ;)
Smoking kills you and, apparently, vaping kills you. Neither is far worse than the other.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 22 September 2019, 01:23:27 »

Smoking kills you and, apparently, vaping kills you. Neither is far worse than the other.

You could well be right, but at the moment millions have died from tobacco smoking diseases over many decades, compared to a handful from (suspected) vaping to date. Now that is still very worrying, but time will produce the facts of what the dangers are of the latter, but for me, a life long non-smoker, I cannot understand why anyone wants to put chemicals into their bodies in any form "for pleasure". But that is just a personal opinion, formed by watching relatives in the past dying due to their, or other people's, smoking habits, and the awful air pollution I witnessed from the smoke in confined spaces, even in our homes of the past.

Now that is what concerns me, the effects on all of us, and our children, who don't smoke breathing in the vapours. So, on balance, until the risks are properly assessed, vaping anywhere in public should be banned. That should be a must. :y
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.