Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 30   Go Down

Author Topic: Theresa or Jeremy?  (Read 47338 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Theresa or Jeremy?
« Reply #255 on: 18 May 2017, 15:06:17 »

I think Mother Theresa is a lot like Thatcher inasmuch as she thinks she's the queen. She is patronising, condescending and superior. Just for the sake of mischief, I'd like to see Jeremy give her a kick up the front.  ;D
An inherent Tory trait. ::)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 18 May 2017, 16:39:29 »

I'm warming (mildly) to 'Flaccid Fallon'.......anyone who is willing to legalise wacky baccy can't be all bad. A couple of billion each year in tax to help the NHS along with the 350 million each week from Brexit. ::) ::) ::) :)

We all know that if we want a 1st class health service then we have to pay for it and that either means direct charges (£20 to see the Dr) or increased taxation.  The trouble is, is that nobody wants to pay.  The poor think the rich should pay and the rich have BUPA.   ::)

The NHS in it's current form is ultimately unsustainable, and yes we could put a penny on income tax as the Limp Dems propose to raise the extra cash, but what do we do in 5 years time when the NHS has bust it's budgets yet again?  Keep on raising taxes?  :-\ 

I was in my local surgery last week and they have a big board showing how many people didn't turn up for appointments, and in my little town there were 15!  >:(  Fine them £100 and that's £1500 going in the pot, roll that out nationally and your probably looking at substantial amounts.  :y 
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #257 on: 18 May 2017, 16:45:49 »

They might be old people who missed because they died  ;D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 18 May 2017, 16:46:09 »

I wouldn't mind betting that £20 to see the quack would make all the hypochondriacs think twice, along with those who can't be arsed to turn up for their appointments. I'd be all for it. :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 18 May 2017, 16:47:19 »

I wouldn't mind betting that £20 to see the quack would make all the hypochondriacs think twice, along with those who can't be arsed to turn up for their appointments. I'd be all for it. :y

:y
I like red cars

STEMO

« Reply #260 on: 18 May 2017, 16:52:44 »

Yes, maybe, but I would prefer a bidding system. If you ring up and say you want an appointment at half nine, and somebody has already paid £20 for it, you should be able to offer 30...and get a ring back if the other patient ups the ante.  ;D

aaronjb

« Reply #261 on: 18 May 2017, 17:03:22 »

You can do it already, online via video: https://www.pushdoctor.co.uk/

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 18 May 2017, 17:25:01 »

It's a case of old people clogging up the system.

A TB type cull of everybody over 65 would solve the problem. Billions saved on running the NHS and further billions saved because the pension bill  (which is by far the biggest drain on the public purse) would become zero.

STMO.......are you 65 yet? :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 18 May 2017, 17:28:12 »

Think 'Logans Run' but at 65 instead of thirty. :)

STEMO

« Reply #264 on: 18 May 2017, 17:41:50 »

A TB type cull of everybody over 65 would solve the problem. Billions saved on running the NHS and further billions saved because the pension bill  (which is by far the biggest drain on the public purse) would become zero.

Getting close, I was 64 on Tuesday  :(

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 18 May 2017, 17:44:41 »

The Illiberal undemocrats want to legalise wacky baccy and are demanding mental health problems are given higher priority and funding at the same time. Are these retards really so dim that they are unaware of the connection between the explosion in the use of wacky baccy, and mental health hospitals being completely unable to cope with demand ?  ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #266 on: 18 May 2017, 17:49:05 »

Getting close, I was 64 on Tuesday  :(
You wouldn't begrudge me my state pension, knowing how hard I've worked all my life, surely Opti?

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 18 May 2017, 18:17:51 »

id go for that as well, as long as I was exempt.....I get called in the surgery loads of time....for diabetic check ups....and get prescriptions changed all the time...just changed again on Tuesday....but I get them free....being diabetic....and I always turn up for appointments  :)

STEMO

« Reply #268 on: 18 May 2017, 18:28:00 »

Yes, I'd go for it too. As long as I was exempt.  :y

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 18 May 2017, 18:37:47 »

Yes, I'd go for it too. As long as I was exempt.  :y

So...when was the last time your surgery wrote to you asking you to come in..... :-\
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 30   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.