Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Thoughts on the Insignia 2.0 CDTI SRI 130 or 160  (Read 5844 times)

PAULCDX

Thoughts on the Insignia 2.0 CDTI SRI 130 or 160
« on: 29 December 2013, 18:30:02 »

SWMBO keeps looking online at the Insignia SRI CDTI as a possible replacement for her 2004 Vectra DTI in the near future.

Been looking at 10 / 11 reg's which you seem to be able to get now for around £7500 +  :o  :y

Are these good cars overall ? I do like the look of them to be honest.  :y

I've told her that under no circumstances are we getting rid of the miggy tho, even with the current auto box fault  :'(

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on the Insignia 2.0 CDTI SRI 130 or 160
« Reply #1 on: 29 December 2013, 18:48:32 »

Show her a picture of a vxr8 estate. :y
Hoof'land storeman.

kevinp58

• Omega Knight
  • kent
    • 2002 3.2 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 December 2013, 19:05:30 »

Show her a picture of a vxr8 estate. :y

+1  :y

PAULCDX

« Reply #3 on: 29 December 2013, 19:07:36 »

Not sure I've got the pennies for one of those though  ;D  :o

Nice thought all the same  :y  ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29 December 2013, 19:08:45 »

Dull, boring drive, but surprisingly comfortable on long runs, and just does what it claims.

Grumpy old man

MR MISTER

« Reply #5 on: 29 December 2013, 20:03:26 »

Not sure I've got the pennies for one of those though  ;D  :o

Nice thought all the same  :y  ;)
There's one on the trader for about £20,000  :y

Squealey

• Donington, Lincs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 December 2013, 21:34:35 »

Having previously worked for 3 years as a driver for Enterprise Rent A Car I have a load of mileage under my belt driving pretty much every variation of the Insignia and I must admit they are really nice drives. Personally the 160 is the one I'd choose, when new there was only a couple of hundred pounds difference in the price. The extra 30bhp is great to have when you need to overtake.

Front tyre wear is ferocious though, expect 10 to 12k a pair. The newer the better when it comes to build quality, the early 09 and 59 cars creaked from the centre console like crazy but this got a lot better later on. Reliability was never an issue on the ones we had with no recurring faults becoming apparent. Try to get a DAB stereo if you can, well worth it.  Do not under any circumstances be talked into a petrol one, the 1.8 is gutless and does 25mpg and the 1.4 turbo would struggle to break into the low 20's if driven with passion.

All in all though a really good car and for the money well worth it. The mondeo is a bit softer and quieter to drive and one car thats also overlooked is the Seat Exeo, old shape Audi A4, really smart car but really badly built.

Hope this is of some help

Wayne

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30 December 2013, 10:47:36 »

SWMBO keeps looking online at the Insignia SRI CDTI as a possible replacement for her 2004 Vectra DTI in the near future.

Been looking at 10 / 11 reg's which you seem to be able to get now for around £7500 +  :o  :y

Are these good cars overall ? I do like the look of them to be honest.  :y

I've told her that under no circumstances are we getting rid of the miggy tho, even with the current auto box fault  :'(

SHGTS. ;D

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 31 December 2013, 06:52:24 »

Having previously worked for 3 years as a driver for Enterprise Rent A Car I have a load of mileage under my belt driving pretty much every variation of the Insignia and I must admit they are really nice drives. Personally the 160 is the one I'd choose, when new there was only a couple of hundred pounds difference in the price. The extra 30bhp is great to have when you need to overtake.

Front tyre wear is ferocious though, expect 10 to 12k a pair. The newer the better when it comes to build quality, the early 09 and 59 cars creaked from the centre console like crazy but this got a lot better later on. Reliability was never an issue on the ones we had with no recurring faults becoming apparent. Try to get a DAB stereo if you can, well worth it.  Do not under any circumstances be talked into a petrol one, the 1.8 is gutless and does 25mpg and the 1.4 turbo would struggle to break into the low 20's if driven with passion.

All in all though a really good car and for the money well worth it. The mondeo is a bit softer and quieter to drive and one car thats also overlooked is the Seat Exeo, old shape Audi A4, really smart car but really badly built.

Hope this is of some help

Wayne

25K and still going strong :y
I like red cars

plym ian

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth, Devon
    • 2.0 insignia elite tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 31 December 2013, 07:41:34 »

I hired a 130 and felt it was rather gutless, but saying that the fuel economy was outstanding :y

I did rather fancy one but can't afford it just yet :-\

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 31 December 2013, 07:42:06 »

lets be fair though....rental car driven like you would drive your own I think not....I have had many rentals from enterprise and I have to say there maintenance program leaves a lot to be desired...and if I was in the market needing to rent a car I would not touch enterprise with a barge pole due to the way the cars are looked after...which is to be fair shocking especially as they now also do non fault accident rentals when in actual fact half of theirs should not be on the road...

In one week I had 3 cars all from enterprise first had 2 bald tyres that did not leave the branch :o ,second front pads were grinding after 200 miles and the third would not start from cold which was understandable as car had not been service in 50,000 miles all of which were car under a year old...absolute terrible company :-X
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Proz

• Omega Baron
  • Largoward , Fife , Scotland
    • Omega-less now :-/
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04 January 2014, 21:27:56 »

Im not going to get into a slagging match here  :y.......
But after 12 years of Omega ownerships last year almost a year to the day i got my 2011 SRi 160 CDTI.
I will admit i was not to sure i had done the right thing in the first few hours/days but now i love it.
Fuel consumption is 45mpg at least and even seen 54mpg on a longish journey... so much better than the mid 20's if very lucky with the petrol Omega.
It is so much more faster in accelaration than my old Omega... I couldnt believe how slow and gutless / sluggish the Omega had been.
I will say that i do sometimes find the SRi suspension a bit hard on our dreadfull roads but maybe thats because the old Omega used to wallow all over the place when not tramlining  ;)
It doesnt have heated seats though which i do miss :(

In short i wouldnt even consider another Omega even if given one free... its not that i dont like them....I loved the 2 Omega's i had but newer more moderen cars are so much better looking inside and out ...3 year warranty and not the constant worry of things going wrong.. If anything happens a phone call is all it takes.... or the upcoming MOT praying it would pass etc.
I'll never had an "old" car again.

Just my point of view mind ... having experienced both cars.
Other points of view are available  ;D ;D
Get yourself Giff Gaff'ed here :-) ...  http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/proz

chrisgixer

« Reply #12 on: 05 January 2014, 01:15:18 »

But after 12 years of Omega ownerships last year almost a year to the day i got my 2011 SRi 160 CDTI.
I will admit i was not to sure i had done the right thing in the first few hours/days but now i love it.
Fuel consumption is 45mpg at least and even seen 54mpg on a longish journey... so much better than the mid 20's if very lucky with the petrol Omega.
It is so much more faster in accelaration than my old Omega... I couldnt believe how slow and gutless / sluggish the Omega had been.
I will say that i do sometimes find the SRi suspension a bit hard on our dreadfull roads but maybe thats because the old Omega used to wallow all over the place when not tramlining  ;)

In short i wouldnt even consider another Omega even if given one free... its not that i dont like them....I loved the 2 Omega's i had but newer more moderen cars are so much better looking inside and out ...3 year warranty and not the constant worry of things going wrong.. If anything happens a phone call is all it takes.... or the upcoming MOT praying it would pass etc.

I thought your omega was a 4pot though Proz?

Front wheel drive suspension is firmer than omega though, but I do like the insignia interior. Very nice.

I'll keep comments on the exterior appearance to myself though. :(

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05 January 2014, 10:36:37 »

I thought your omega was a 4pot though Proz?

Front wheel drive suspension is firmer than omega though, but I do like the insignia interior. Very nice.

I'll keep comments on the exterior appearance to myself though. :(

He shudders..... ;D ;D ;)

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05 January 2014, 10:53:05 »

The 160 has to be the way forward. No complaints with our Insignia Elite Tourer Auto but noticed my wife is front wheel spinning on wet surfaces so will do a thorough check of tyres later today.

Went down to Portsmouth to pick up a couple of radiators yesterday which I thought were 1600 mm in length but were in fact 1800mm. They fitted in back without having to take front passenger seat out of use - much larger car than I thought it was fortunately
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.