Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Whats it worth  (Read 4538 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Whats it worth
« Reply #45 on: 26 January 2007, 18:52:15 »

Jay,
I had already suggested a low value for your car, not because I wanted to buy it (perfectly happy with mine, if I did change, it would be something newer), but as a genuine view of what I thought it was worth.  I think this is bourn out in the fact you have struggled to sell...

Alas, its a 12 yr old, 100k car - and a model with heavy depreciation, and needing a windscreen (£75 on insurance).  And its January.

I'm really pleased it sounds like you are in a position to keep it, as I suspect its worth more to you than its current value... :)
Grumpy old man

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
Re: Whats it worth
« Reply #46 on: 27 January 2007, 13:44:49 »

It's worth more than £500 without question.

Thank you...

I wont take £500 for it and thats that, Ive been offered £600 and turned it down, I would get the windscreen sorted but I just cant afford it, £200 for windscreen? Get the insurance to do it for £50 as said above. Im not in a position where im desperate to sell it that cheap, and I never will be...  :D

Well said that man :y

Its an insult to offer me £500 knowing full well I'd said it was a ludicrous offer when id previsouly been offered it

Matey, absolutely no insult was intended...

I work on the motto that "If you don't ask, you don't get"

In fairness, I wouldn't do an "insurance job" on something I was already buying as broken - it's just not morally or legally right. So the £200 quote to fix was realistic.

I understand full well, that to you the car is worth more than £500, but to many others, I'm not sure it is (unless that screen is fixed, and then like I say, you'd be looking at about £700.

To be honest, I'd like to see you keep and enjoy it and remain a part of the forum ;D

J

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.