Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: HeadGasket  (Read 2662 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: HeadGasket
« Reply #15 on: 03 February 2007, 20:43:36 »

Does sound like oil cooler, and if you do buy it ......NO!!!!!!!! YOU CANT DRIVE IT HOME

Agreed.

Well....  ::)

Yes you can but no more than a mile or so, you could buy it... drive around the corner then ring up RAC/AA whoever and say "my car broke down" and let them tow you home  ;)

Good way of getting home Tunnie ;)

Personally i wouldn't drive it another inch, and thats from experience. I made that mistake and have been paying for it ever since. Apart from hours and hours of flushing and two new header tanks. Oil contamination leads to weak water hoses especially the coolant bridge one which  failed on mine which then leaked water onto the dis pack which then failed accordingly.

DO NOT DRIVE AN OMEGA WITH A FAILED OIL COOLER

Tim, a good tip is to run the coolant with bleach in it. Not too much and for gods sakes not long, just enough to get it hot and allow the bleach to break down the oil..... should come out a treat then. You must flush it well with water afterwards though...

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 03 February 2007, 20:46:58 »

My neighbour, who used to work in automotive chemical industry, said put a little screenwash in the coolant on the project car - that helped shift a load of oil...
Grumpy old man

Timbuk

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
  • owned a Datsun 120y once!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03 February 2007, 20:47:14 »

Does sound like oil cooler, and if you do buy it ......NO!!!!!!!! YOU CANT DRIVE IT HOME

Agreed.

Well....  ::)

Yes you can but no more than a mile or so, you could buy it... drive around the corner then ring up RAC/AA whoever and say "my car broke down" and let them tow you home  ;)

Good way of getting home Tunnie ;)

Personally i wouldn't drive it another inch, and thats from experience. I made that mistake and have been paying for it ever since. Apart from hours and hours of flushing and two new header tanks. Oil contamination leads to weak water hoses especially the coolant bridge one which  failed on mine which then leaked water onto the dis pack which then failed accordingly.

DO NOT DRIVE AN OMEGA WITH A FAILED OIL COOLER

Tim, a good tip is to run the coolant with bleach in it. Not too much and for gods sakes not long, just enough to get it hot and allow the bleach to break down the oil..... should come out a treat then. You must flush it well with water afterwards though...

Or with Sammy Sledge ::)

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 04 February 2007, 22:14:34 »

Thanks for the tips Guys I won't bother, just keep my eyes open for a nice one that will turn up :y

Loo-knee
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.