Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wh asts it really worth ?  (Read 1281 times)

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
Wh asts it really worth ?
« on: 02 June 2021, 19:02:01 »

Someone on another forum asked me whether I wanted to sell my Y REG 3.2 MV6 in petrol Blue.

What's it worth?
 My responce to him was

Okay, this is really hard, because if I did sell it, I'd forever regret it.

It's done 235k

I haven't looked at the advisories since the last MOT.

Service history is not particularly well documented. But it's been serviced with GM oil every 6K since I got it at 163k

But recent battery, stainless Jetex, gearbox oil and gearbox filter replaced about 1k ago.  Recent Uniroyal rainsports. Recent auxiliary belt tensioner and belt. It had 2 new coil packs about 3 years ago.  I did the oil filter mod- it has the oil filter from a 3.0 because the later alloy housing started leaking and it was easier to fit a can.

Probably will need some brake pipes, maybe a wishbone or 2 (they eat them for fun.)

Basically, it stops braking in a straight line, before you realise.  I have a set of PU bushes to go on with the next wishbones.  They weren't cheap to be fair.

It's 3 years and 40k since it had a cam belt. Probably should have another.  There's lots of space at the front and I have the locking tool kit which I'd throw in.

There's an oily fumes smell. Think the rocker gaskets have probably gone. I keep the crank case breathers clear, which is what causes them to fail.

Aircon doesn't.

Interior is okay for its miles. Won't win any awards. But leather and heated front seats. The 4 disc CD changer is stuck and has 4 discs. I use the tape player with an adaptor to my phone and play from that. (Radio works).

It had a new screen about 2 years ago and a new radiator.

A previous owner removed the power sounder, as a precaution, because they burst into flames.

It's capable of very high speeds if you don't value your licence.

Spares which I'd throw in the boot.

Camlock tools

4 x 17 inch alloys

PU bushes

Front discs,

rear hand brake shoes.

Front caliper rebuild kit

Original middle exhaust section

Bosch Crank sensor. (They fail for fun, so it stays in the boot just in case)

How to price it?  £3k gets a low mileage one.
How about £1800 to put to my Monaro find.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Wh asts it really worth ?
« Reply #1 on: 02 June 2021, 19:06:28 »

With that mileage there are two approaches. Keep it forever because you love it. Tell interested parties that its only for sale if someone makes you an offer you cant refuse.
If someone is prepared to pay £1800 for it either bite their hand off, or send them to me to buy mine - which I do love and intend to keep forever.
I will then bite their hand off instead.  ;D
Tbh if you got half that amount you would be doing well.  ;)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 June 2021, 20:45:11 »

Nothing on the list of attributes adds any value. The exhaust would actually put many buyers off.

That's to say they're all general maintenance items.

I am inclined to agree with Albs... £1,000 - take £900.

Fit new cambelt, fully service it, fit the wishbone bushes and get it properly aligned and fresh MoT and you might get £1,500 out of it.

I got more for my significantly higher mileage Plod but that's because it was a manual and had over a grands worth of 'extras'. My 3.2 Elite estate with Irmscher kit, steering wheel and 18" wheels sold for what the Irmscher stuff was worth, and that was with a new MoT.
Onanists always think outside the box.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 June 2021, 20:56:15 »

3.2's do seem to command a premium (assuming people are getting the money they advertise them for) and are actually on the up from what I can tell, they really need to be immaculate though and there's the problem because most are reaching the 'welding repairs' level now.

If you have the place to store it then i'd say keep it but use it regularly (at least in the summer months) otherwise what's the point?

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 June 2021, 21:57:02 »

...  use it regularly (at least in the summer months) otherwise what's the point?

I've been using it as a daily driver since I got it in 2016 with 163k on it. Now 234k  another 300 miles this week.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 June 2021, 09:30:01 »

...  use it regularly (at least in the summer months) otherwise what's the point?

I've been using it as a daily driver since I got it in 2016 with 163k on it. Now 234k  another 300 miles this week.

My daily driver very similar situation to yours, getting about 5-700 a week on it and 247K, however, it's got a list of issues that amount to too much money to fix when I have other cars to maintain  ::). It'll be replaced with a newer car that I can get 120K out of over 4 - 5 years and expect to be worthless at the end of.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 June 2021, 10:41:27 »

Mine Mv6 estate has 220,000 plus on it but it’s had a lot of work and a lot of money spent on it, it’s not perfect by any means but it’s very reasonable to run as it’s got LPG, and I would really miss it if I sold it whatever the price. It’s not about the money if you like it keep it👍
Laying a rubber road.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03 June 2021, 11:03:51 »

Regular maintenance makes it easier to sell, but doesn't inherently add value.

The only exception to this is if the car has relatively low mileage and the bodywork is mint.

A garage kept 50k mile Omega which has been serviced regardless every year will be worth more than an identical one that's only been serviced twice and the cambelt is ten years overdue. With that in mind, the market is pretty limited for such a car.

Once you get past 100k+, then condition is everything. Closely followed by fresh cambelt and a rust free MoT.
Onanists always think outside the box.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08 June 2021, 12:40:08 »

Got board last night so found myself looking at A4 Allroads while asking myself the same question.
Very nearly got rid last year but had a change of heart / couldn't imagine myself without it, rebuilt half the LPG system and kept it.
Its getting a bit tatty around the edges but I very rarely do more then 5K a year and (kiss of death here) mechanically it drives spot on and never seems to let me down.
300 odd sheckles a year is a bit of a pisser but in the end, I insured it for another year (195 quid) and life goes on. ;D

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 18 queries.