Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: FFS - Anazon Drivers  (Read 6439 times)

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
FFS - Anazon Drivers
« on: 24 November 2023, 09:53:09 »

26th Oct I ordered a cordles Sonic Sanding thing - Was left outside with out a knock on the door.

Then ordered a CPU cooler - no knock on the door but left outside - packeage not boxed or bagged - No seal or cellafane wrapping,  Parts missing from delivery. (Sorted immediately over the phone)

Reordered a AIO Cooler due for delivey by 10PM Friday (Today)  saw an email saying it was delivered at 5:11pm last night.  no knock on the door and no item left outside .

Been on to Amazon Customer Services.  Been passed round a bit from 1 department to another - currently waiting for someone to get back to me before 7pm.

Whilst on FB our local village forum had quite a few posts regards Amazon, some throwing items over the fence, 1 said they had a note could not deliver due to an issue, 1 dumped behind a bin even though they were at home, and 2 more saying shown as delivered but never recieved thier package.

Evri has a complaints page on FB and the reports are shocking, our village has nothing but praise for the local delivery team, but whilst my driver was on holiday, my neighber caught the stand in driver takeing a pic of the package and then picking it up - thier excuce was they were putting it in a safer place.  When my usual driver returned they said the standin drivers were stealing allsorts but was hard to prove.
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: FFS - Anazon Drivers
« Reply #1 on: 24 November 2023, 10:05:54 »

Another situation of our own making.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 November 2023, 10:22:07 »

Just report the items as not delivered and demand a refund. Seemples.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 November 2023, 10:38:38 »

Amazon is a shitty company. And because of its market position has no incentive to improve.

Evri isn't any better but only exists because of the scale of Amazon.

UPS might be more expensive to use but there's a reason for that.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 November 2023, 10:41:31 »

Just report the items as not delivered and demand a refund. Seemples.

I do, the cooler I bought last week £29.90 was an istant refund, someone had nicked the fitting kit and dual fans.

But this is why I pay ny Paypal and funded from my Credit Card, If Amazon dont send a replacent or do a refund (This one is £129.99) then I will pursue one of the 2 payment methods.

Its that 1% of drivers that is pissing me off that dont give a fig about thier job.

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 November 2023, 11:14:17 »

Missus uses Amazon for purchases & EVRi for her sales, ( eBay & Etsy)  100 percent satisfaction with both of them , our local delivery guy is brilliant cannot praise him enough.She used to  use Royal Mail but they are totally unreliable.
« Last Edit: 24 November 2023, 11:15:57 by Rangie »
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 November 2023, 11:19:54 »

Have worked for Evri. It's a miracle the can deliver anything  :-X

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 November 2023, 11:27:35 »

My Evri driver has just been, Brought me a parcel that I expected plus an Ebay item  that was expected today.  The Ebay item they actually tried to deliver yesterday but for some reason we didnt connect (Probably fast asleep knowowing me - but I was not aware it was due), so they took it back and delivered today.  Am impresessed as it is a heavyish metal rack system. :y

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 24 November 2023, 12:14:46 »

26th Oct I ordered a cordles Sonic Sanding thing - Was left outside with out a knock on the door.

Then ordered a CPU cooler - no knock on the door but left outside - packeage not boxed or bagged - No seal or cellafane wrapping,  Parts missing from delivery. (Sorted immediately over the phone)

Reordered a AIO Cooler due for delivey by 10PM Friday (Today)  saw an email saying it was delivered at 5:11pm last night.  no knock on the door and no item left outside .

Been on to Amazon Customer Services.  Been passed round a bit from 1 department to another - currently waiting for someone to get back to me before 7pm.

Whilst on FB our local village forum had quite a few posts regards Amazon, some throwing items over the fence, 1 said they had a note could not deliver due to an issue, 1 dumped behind a bin even though they were at home, and 2 more saying shown as delivered but never recieved thier package.

Evri has a complaints page on FB and the reports are shocking, our village has nothing but praise for the local delivery team, but whilst my driver was on holiday, my neighber caught the stand in driver takeing a pic of the package and then picking it up - thier excuce was they were putting it in a safer place.  When my usual driver returned they said the standin drivers were stealing allsorts but was hard to prove.
Not hard to prove. Just that it would cost them money to monitor the drivers and they'd have to sack half of the drivers. Easier and cheaper for them to take the hit.
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 24 November 2023, 19:03:49 »

They already know who's nicking what, they simply don't care.

Besides, dealing with it would confirm that it's a problem and that would look bad for business.

And these companies don't employ their front line delivery staff. Evri have franchise delivery depots, and Amazon use third party contractors to provide their drivers. That way there's a clear break between the company and the delivery teams. Plausible deniability and all that.
« Last Edit: 24 November 2023, 19:08:32 by Doctor Gollum »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 24 November 2023, 20:19:29 »

Now that I can do Herpes/Evri at the PO, it seems to be more reliable sending stuff.  Purchased directly from Evri means I have to drop off at the co-op, where it sits in the aisles for several days, as Evri never bother to pick it up
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 24 November 2023, 20:41:08 »

Now that I can do Herpes/Evri at the PO, it seems to be more reliable sending stuff.  Purchased directly from Evri means I have to drop off at the co-op, where it sits in the aisles for several days, as Evri never bother to pick it up
Mostly because they're too busy trying to find someone to deliver everything else.

The criteria against which companies performance are measured focus on getting stuff out of the door rather than delivering it.

And don't get me started on how airport performance is measured  :-X

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 24 November 2023, 20:54:20 »

I ordered items from a place that used Yodel to deliver a couple of days ago, Driver turned up on time, (2 large boxes) didnt want to bring them in (told him to send them back) so he said he would pop them inside the front door (which is what I originally asked him to do) and yes the packing was battered on the corners. (Contents were ok though)

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 25 November 2023, 20:37:43 »

Tomorrow could be fun.  Still waiting to speak to Amazon regards the missing AIO Cooler, they did phone twice as promiced but we couldnt hear each other (3 mobile issues seem to have returned)

I had my eye on another item, sold out during the sale yesterday but they got new stock so I have the item coming tomorrow.

The 1st time ever I have been told to use a OTP with Amazon  I reckon they should use this system with all suspect drivers.

An OTP adds an extra layer of security to your packages.

If an OTP is required, we will send a six-digit, numeric OTP to your registered email address on the package delivery day.

You can also find the OTP by selecting Track Package beside the order in Your Orders.

Your OTP is valid until the end of the delivery day.

Read the OTP you have received to the driver, in person and not over phone or intercom.

Note:

If you're not available to receive the package, you can share the OTP with someone you choose and they can receive the package for you in person. We don't recommend sharing the OTP with an unknown person. If no one can receive the package, we will re-attempt the delivery on the next working day.
    Drivers cannot leave packages unattended at the delivery address which require an OTP.
    Please don't share the OTP with the driver over the phone. If you are not available to take delivery, please ask the driver to re-attempt the delivery when you or someone you choose will be at the delivery address.
    If you are not the recipient of this package or have ordered the item as a gift for someone else, please forward the recipient this password and refer them to these guidelines.

I like this, used it when Argos delivered my new mobile.  Makes compleate sence :y

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 27 November 2023, 08:10:20 »

Well that was interesting.  Yesterdays delivery with the OTP went without a hitch as expected.

Seems I have 3 seperate packages coming today. ::)

The 1st ordered yesterday has allready been delivered.  I had not realised it was set for 12Am - 1PM delivery.  Got to be honest it was the earliest delivery I have had from them, mine normally arrive in the afternoon/evening.

2nd one is set to be here by 2PM

The last one here by10PM

Plus 2 seperate packages tomrrow.

Thats just Amazon.

Credit Cards had a busy weekend :-[

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 27 November 2023, 09:33:51 »

I often have multiple Amazon deliveries a day.  Not all warehouses hold all items, and thus not available for the early vans.
Grumpy old man

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 27 November 2023, 10:32:56 »

Makes me wonder what time they could turn up when they put estimated time for delivery of 12AM to 1PM :-\

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 27 November 2023, 10:45:43 »

Makes me wonder what time they could turn up when they put estimated time for delivery of 12AM to 1PM :-\
Obviously they are 3rd party couriers, so will be variable from region to region, but mine are usually around the timeframe specified :y
Grumpy old man

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 27 November 2023, 12:57:51 »

Just had to do a return to Amazon for the 1st time. :-\

Bought a backlit keyboard that seems to have a mind of its own, Works fine when it works, but seems temprimental.  Some times I have to unplug then plug it back in, other times its a reboot.

Was asked who I wanted to use for the return Evri or Royal mail.  So I opted for Evri as they deliver to me 2 / 3 times a week.  That was shot down as only Royal Mail collects.

Asked why I cant send it back via thier own drivers. Should have thought of that before I asked, Our village forum is full of complaints about missing items so maybe would get lost on the way back to the depot. :-X

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 27 November 2023, 14:00:31 »

Amazon don't have any drivers.  Why on earth would you think they do.

RM currently have a promotion of free pickups from residential addresses.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 27 November 2023, 14:02:21 »

Amazon have also been one of the slickest for returns, even back in the early days of e-commerce when they just sold books and a few CDs.

Trouble with Amazon now, most shit is Marketplace, so you're in the lap of the gods, especially for those not fulfilled by Amazon.
Grumpy old man

DrAndyB

• Neston / Cheshire
    • 2.5 V6 CDX Manual (MFL)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 27 November 2023, 20:17:08 »

Ordered 2 small items Saturday for next day delivery Sunday by 10pm.  Great as a couple of small Xmas Presents.

9:30pm Sunday I get email saying "A Problem occurred with my order" and then another saying "Damaged in Transit" !!!

FFS !!! More like drive pi55ed off home !!!  As one was pair of earrings !!!  Damaged my ar5e !!

Fair credit to customer service,  online chat at 8:30am this morning and refunded me fully and so re-ordered items and be her, maybe !! tomorrow now.

Hummmmmmmmmmmmm 

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 27 November 2023, 20:42:21 »

I, genuinely, never have trouble with Amazon, and I order loads of stuff. DPD are excellent. Royal Mail are shite for parcels as well as letters. If I'm not in, UPS drop my parcel at the shop five doors away. Hardly used DHL or  Yodel but, when I have, they've been ok. All of the stuff I've had delivered by Evri comes via my local courier, he's good.
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 27 November 2023, 22:32:00 »

That's the thing, EVRI uses franchise local delivery hubs, and it's their responsibility to get the stuff delivered and collected. Ergo, if they subcontract to eejits, then you'll get a really shit service.

The best you can hope for with Evri and Amazunts is that the driver is a solid part of the local community where they operate and have a genuine vested interest in what they're doing. Otherwise you're better off using UPS to almost entirely avoid the subcontractor game altogether.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 28 November 2023, 07:05:06 »

That's the thing, EVRI uses franchise local delivery hubs, and it's their responsibility to get the stuff delivered and collected. Ergo, if they subcontract to eejits, then you'll get a really shit service.

The best you can hope for with Evri and Amazunts is that the driver is a solid part of the local community where they operate and have a genuine vested interest in what they're doing. Otherwise you're better off using UPS to almost entirely avoid the subcontractor game altogether.
It really doesn't matter who I prefer to use when ordering online, you get what you're given.
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 28 November 2023, 09:17:53 »

It really doesn't matter who I prefer to use when ordering online, you get what you're given.
True, but when a seller says they're using one and it arrives with another, especially Evri and it doesn't turn up, I get quite shitty with the sender.

Avoiding Amazon is easy as I don't buy through or from them.

But my point was that if the company has franchises or uses subcontractors then the service (and parcels) you receive are a total lottery.
« Last Edit: 28 November 2023, 09:21:09 by Doctor Gollum »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 28 November 2023, 17:30:18 »

I have very few issues with any courier, though some take the piss if an item from the EU is hit with a VAT or other import charges.

My issue is with the company/person I'm buying from - egay being the worse by a country mile, as it seems every eBay seller is unhealthy and rushed to hospital, or their granny has died again.  Its embarrassing when a chinky box shifter can ship a printer all the way from Ching Chong china faster than a lazy Brit can post something "fast and Free" on the Gay of E.
Grumpy old man

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 28 November 2023, 18:22:03 »

We've bought dozens of items from eBay & Amazon only ever had one problem which was with an eBay seller, item never arrived & he would not answer my messages, my payment was swiftly refunded by eBay.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 28 November 2023, 19:46:13 »

My Evri driver is brilliant,

Amazon just send anybody that turned up for a shift that day, 90%+ are brilliant but minor percentage spoil it.

Cant remeber any issues with Ebay deliveries.  Allthought the one item I did sell years ago a foreign numpty though I would send it 1st so that he could then earn money to pay for it.  I of course said NO :y

Same wirh DPD and Yodel, cant think of any issues.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 29 November 2023, 09:33:29 »

Corsair (Memory) Any one know who they use for delivery?

Guesing from their online help (time /location) they are not in the UK

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 29 November 2023, 09:44:30 »

Corsair is a French airline that predominantly operates to Corsica...

It is also apparently an American Tech company...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corsair_Gaming

Wholly owned by a NY based capital investment company.
« Last Edit: 29 November 2023, 09:50:22 by Doctor Gollum »

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 29 November 2023, 10:19:19 »

I doubt he'll get an aeroplane delivered  :-\
unless things go a little kiddywampus  :P

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 29 November 2023, 15:50:58 »

I doubt he'll get an aeroplane delivered  :-\
unless things go a little kiddywampus  :P
It's probably USPS so anything is possible  ;D

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 30 November 2023, 10:21:07 »

On a windy day it could end up three doors down... Much like now ;D

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 30 November 2023, 11:04:55 »

On a windy day it could end up three doors down... Much like now ;D

Or the next county. ::)

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 01 December 2023, 15:52:41 »

More deliveries today.  3 in total from Amazon. ::)

Heard the driver arrive, he knocked on the door, I (Door Phone ) asked him to pop the items inside, asked again. He said they were by the door. and that was it. ( I thought) >:(

When I got to the door he got the shock of his life when the door opened.  He had actually been back to the van for the heavyist package, I asked him to pop it inside.  (All he wanted to do was hand ir to me and go) but he did not want to.

I was then asked for an OTP (I wasnt aware I had one at theis point) eventually he brought the packeage in.

I now know why these (Some of) drivers hate comeing indoors.  :-X

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 01 December 2023, 18:13:49 »

Not to mention the security concerns of entering a strangers property.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 04 December 2023, 08:55:29 »

Of all the complaining about the drivers ::)

I had just got to the loo and heard a rapid loud banging on the door, then same again, then the door bell pushed and held.

Then the letter box opened and closed. I missed the caller but opened the door as he was geting into his car.

For once I cannot undersatand why I needed to open the door for a small envelope package. :-\

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 04 December 2023, 12:14:38 »

For once I cannot undersatand why I needed to open the door for a small envelope package. :-\

proof of delivery  ;)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 04 December 2023, 13:11:09 »

proof of delivery  ;)
Would have got a picture of his arse.  ;)

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 04 December 2023, 13:11:59 »

proof of delivery  ;)

No idea, I would not have thought so for a £6 items

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 04 December 2023, 13:19:13 »

proof of delivery  ;)

DPD for one insist on a picture of the item on the doorstep with the door open and you standing there.

This achieves three proofs of delivery:

1. They have actually delivered the item to your door.
2. That the person recieving said item is inside the property.
3. The visual identity of said person inside the property.

If you would prefer them to leave the items in the curbside Wheely bin, there are companies who will gladly oblige.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 04 December 2023, 13:53:24 »

proof of delivery  ;)

DPD for one insist on a picture of the item on the doorstep with the door open and you standing there.

This achieves three proofs of delivery:

1. They have actually delivered the item to your door.
2. That the person recieving said item is inside the property.
3. The visual identity of said person inside the property.

If you would prefer them to leave the items in the curbside Wheely bin, there are companies who will gladly oblige.
''

No courier has or never will get me in a photograph, :-X

I dont mind the door being opened and them having its photo taken. :y

My Evri driver comes in, has a quick chat, the most part of me that ends up in a pic is my hand. ::)

DHL have just been, no pics. :y

I have an empty book shelf in the hall, I made a cardboard label with my name and address in large writeing, they place the package by my address take a pic and leave

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 04 December 2023, 14:03:30 »

The picture is purely a visual confirmation of a person inside the property not a proof of identity.

You get photographed or filmed every single place you go outside of the house, whether you want or agree to be or not ;D

It might be argued that someone so paranoid, shouldn't be anywhere near the internet.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 04 December 2023, 14:58:59 »

It might be argued that someone so paranoid, shouldn't be anywhere near the internet.
Fixed!

I bet all your neighbours Ring doorbells (illegally) record you as you walk out, then everybody's dashcams (illegally) record you as you walk/drive down the road. Then you are picked up (legally) on council CCTV or (legal) shop CCTV....
Grumpy old man

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 04 December 2023, 15:17:51 »

As long as we get what we ordered I couldn't give a flying f**k if they take a photograph.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 04 December 2023, 15:51:24 »

Fixed!

I bet all your neighbours Ring doorbells (illegally) record you as you walk out, then everybody's dashcams (illegally) record you as you walk/drive down the road. Then you are picked up (legally) on council CCTV or (legal) shop CCTV....
We live on a private road, so it could reasonably be argued that any CCTV that films the road in front of the house (that we are legally responsible for) is legally recording

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 04 December 2023, 16:03:27 »

Fixed!

We live on a private road, so it could reasonably be argued that any CCTV that films the road in front of the house (that we are legally responsible for) is legally recording
Only if your neighbours, any visitors/delivery drivers sign a GDPR form saying they agree  ;D
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 04 December 2023, 16:07:26 »

Fixed!

Only if your neighbours, any visitors/delivery drivers sign a GDPR form saying they agree  ;D
The road immediately infront of the house does not a whole street make ;)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 04 December 2023, 16:10:11 »

Fixed!

The road immediately infront of the house does not a whole street make ;)
Yes, but the folk I mentioned earlier have every right to enter that space, and not to be filmed doing so.
This is all moot, of course, because people use them anyway, and the first thing the police ask for after a crime has been committed is the illegal footage from Ring doorbells  ;D
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 04 December 2023, 16:10:57 »

As it goes, we don't have a camera, but many do.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 04 December 2023, 18:08:28 »

Fixed!

It's a grey area dependent in part in who owns the land.  Most private or unadopted roads belong to the landlord (for leaseholds) or the developer for currently unadopted roads.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 04 December 2023, 20:14:29 »

Deeds include responsibility up to the centre of the road Infront of the property. Technically the developer owns the common areas, but residents association have acquired tenancy of them by virtue of having maintained the estate for several decades.. early 60s development of a former sand quarry.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 04 December 2023, 21:02:38 »

Deeds include responsibility up to the centre of the road Infront of the property. Technically the developer owns the common areas, but residents association have acquired tenancy of them by virtue of having maintained the estate for several decades.. early 60s development of a former sand quarry.
It'll be a combination of who legally owns the land (from land registry point of view) and if it can be expected for members of the public not visiting the landowner...    ....it's all a complete fuster cluck of a law.  But I'm sure you know this, being a model aircraft flyer ;)
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 04 December 2023, 21:19:35 »

That reminds me, I really must finish that :-[

Technically it isn't a through road so the general public have no business using it. I say technically, because when the developer that built the estate to the north and east of us in the 70's they took out the boundary hedge to ease their access essentially linking a cul de sac to our road. That road is adopted, ours is not. Go figure.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 08 December 2023, 09:24:16 »

Thumbs up to Ebay  today. :y

On the the 23rd of Nov I bought an item for £23. I have had a few of these over the years but this was approx half price (2 in stock) so I bought one. A monday to friday for the next week was given for delivery. So the latest should have been 1st Dec. :y

As there was no delivery with in the time specified I emailed the seller friday night, with no responce by tuesday morning I emailed them again.  In the meantime I looked up the refund proceedure,

Gaining the info I needed there was a tick box indicating that If I need thier help then they could get involved from the 8th Dec.

Woke up this morning to an email stating they have procesed the refund allready :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 08 December 2023, 10:00:58 »

Thumbs up to Ebay  today. :y

On the the 23rd of Nov I bought an item for £23. I have had a few of these over the years but this was approx half price (2 in stock) so I bought one. A monday to friday for the next week was given for delivery. So the latest should have been 1st Dec. :y

As there was no delivery with in the time specified I emailed the seller friday night, with no responce by tuesday morning I emailed them again.  In the meantime I looked up the refund proceedure,

Gaining the info I needed there was a tick box indicating that If I need thier help then they could get involved from the 8th Dec.

Woke up this morning to an email stating they have procesed the refund allready :y
That will have been the seller.  Ebay aren't allowed to until the seller doesnt respond for several days.
Grumpy old man

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 08 December 2023, 10:20:56 »

Looking at the sellers feed back (Should have looked at that 1st) I doubt it was them, Ebay did say they would get involved on the 8th, looks like thay did.  Either way I got the result I required. :y

Feedback ratings
Last 12 months
Positive
32- positive Feedback in last 12 months
Neutral
5- neutral Feedback in last 12 months
Negative

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 08 December 2023, 12:29:56 »

………
I bet all your neighbours Ring doorbells (illegally) record you as you walk out ………..

Ring Doorbells have the facility to adjust the parameters via the app to restrict the footage to just the owner’s property boundary so, unless anyone steps on your property it shouldn’t trigger. There are obviously those that don’t bother changing the parameters.  ::)
This issue became a legal matter for two residents not far from me, as the owner of a Ring doorbell, paired with extra cameras, was taken to court by his neighbour. The case Fairhurst vs Woodard claimed the neighbours doorbell camera was intrusive as it showed images of the neighbours garden from a paired camera mounted on his shed.
In the doorbell owners defence he’d had his new car previously stolen, hence the shed camera pointing at his rear garden parking space, and in the neighbours defence it was intrusive as the footage also captured their garden. The court findings supported the ‘intrusive’ claim and the Ring doorbell owner had to pay a substantial fine ……….. but not solely for the camera images, but more because the doorbell camera was set to audio recording. The audio recording was deemed more intrusive than the images.
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 08 December 2023, 14:00:03 »

I have a driend who is the Seurity manager for a company,  When he took the the job on he had a chat to confirm certain questions with the Police.

One of his concerns was CCTV coverage .

He was told that as Camera cover strays across perimeters and boundrys then anyone (Local Companies) can ask to see what the camera covers.  As my mate has home secury he asked the same question about domestic setups regards CCTV.  Same thing applies.

In my case I know of at least 1 neighber that has cameras, so if during a dispute over a missing items not getting sorted there could be CCTV evidence of who took ir.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.