Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: FFS - Anazon Drivers  (Read 6442 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: FFS - Anazon Drivers
« Reply #45 on: 04 December 2023, 14:03:30 »

The picture is purely a visual confirmation of a person inside the property not a proof of identity.

You get photographed or filmed every single place you go outside of the house, whether you want or agree to be or not ;D

It might be argued that someone so paranoid, shouldn't be anywhere near the internet.
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 04 December 2023, 14:58:59 »

It might be argued that someone so paranoid, shouldn't be anywhere near the internet.
Fixed!

I bet all your neighbours Ring doorbells (illegally) record you as you walk out, then everybody's dashcams (illegally) record you as you walk/drive down the road. Then you are picked up (legally) on council CCTV or (legal) shop CCTV....
Grumpy old man

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 04 December 2023, 15:17:51 »

As long as we get what we ordered I couldn't give a flying f**k if they take a photograph.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 04 December 2023, 15:51:24 »

Fixed!

I bet all your neighbours Ring doorbells (illegally) record you as you walk out, then everybody's dashcams (illegally) record you as you walk/drive down the road. Then you are picked up (legally) on council CCTV or (legal) shop CCTV....
We live on a private road, so it could reasonably be argued that any CCTV that films the road in front of the house (that we are legally responsible for) is legally recording

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 04 December 2023, 16:03:27 »

Fixed!

We live on a private road, so it could reasonably be argued that any CCTV that films the road in front of the house (that we are legally responsible for) is legally recording
Only if your neighbours, any visitors/delivery drivers sign a GDPR form saying they agree  ;D
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 04 December 2023, 16:07:26 »

Fixed!

Only if your neighbours, any visitors/delivery drivers sign a GDPR form saying they agree  ;D
The road immediately infront of the house does not a whole street make ;)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 04 December 2023, 16:10:11 »

Fixed!

The road immediately infront of the house does not a whole street make ;)
Yes, but the folk I mentioned earlier have every right to enter that space, and not to be filmed doing so.
This is all moot, of course, because people use them anyway, and the first thing the police ask for after a crime has been committed is the illegal footage from Ring doorbells  ;D
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 04 December 2023, 16:10:57 »

As it goes, we don't have a camera, but many do.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 04 December 2023, 18:08:28 »

Fixed!

It's a grey area dependent in part in who owns the land.  Most private or unadopted roads belong to the landlord (for leaseholds) or the developer for currently unadopted roads.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 04 December 2023, 20:14:29 »

Deeds include responsibility up to the centre of the road Infront of the property. Technically the developer owns the common areas, but residents association have acquired tenancy of them by virtue of having maintained the estate for several decades.. early 60s development of a former sand quarry.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 04 December 2023, 21:02:38 »

Deeds include responsibility up to the centre of the road Infront of the property. Technically the developer owns the common areas, but residents association have acquired tenancy of them by virtue of having maintained the estate for several decades.. early 60s development of a former sand quarry.
It'll be a combination of who legally owns the land (from land registry point of view) and if it can be expected for members of the public not visiting the landowner...    ....it's all a complete fuster cluck of a law.  But I'm sure you know this, being a model aircraft flyer ;)
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 04 December 2023, 21:19:35 »

That reminds me, I really must finish that :-[

Technically it isn't a through road so the general public have no business using it. I say technically, because when the developer that built the estate to the north and east of us in the 70's they took out the boundary hedge to ease their access essentially linking a cul de sac to our road. That road is adopted, ours is not. Go figure.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 08 December 2023, 09:24:16 »

Thumbs up to Ebay  today. :y

On the the 23rd of Nov I bought an item for £23. I have had a few of these over the years but this was approx half price (2 in stock) so I bought one. A monday to friday for the next week was given for delivery. So the latest should have been 1st Dec. :y

As there was no delivery with in the time specified I emailed the seller friday night, with no responce by tuesday morning I emailed them again.  In the meantime I looked up the refund proceedure,

Gaining the info I needed there was a tick box indicating that If I need thier help then they could get involved from the 8th Dec.

Woke up this morning to an email stating they have procesed the refund allready :y
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 08 December 2023, 10:00:58 »

Thumbs up to Ebay  today. :y

On the the 23rd of Nov I bought an item for £23. I have had a few of these over the years but this was approx half price (2 in stock) so I bought one. A monday to friday for the next week was given for delivery. So the latest should have been 1st Dec. :y

As there was no delivery with in the time specified I emailed the seller friday night, with no responce by tuesday morning I emailed them again.  In the meantime I looked up the refund proceedure,

Gaining the info I needed there was a tick box indicating that If I need thier help then they could get involved from the 8th Dec.

Woke up this morning to an email stating they have procesed the refund allready :y
That will have been the seller.  Ebay aren't allowed to until the seller doesnt respond for several days.
Grumpy old man

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 08 December 2023, 10:20:56 »

Looking at the sellers feed back (Should have looked at that 1st) I doubt it was them, Ebay did say they would get involved on the 8th, looks like thay did.  Either way I got the result I required. :y

Feedback ratings
Last 12 months
Positive
32- positive Feedback in last 12 months
Neutral
5- neutral Feedback in last 12 months
Negative
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 18 queries.