Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 31   Go Down

Author Topic: CV 19 vaccination  (Read 38745 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: CV 19 vaccination
« Reply #15 on: 07 November 2020, 19:05:52 »

A packet of Paraceteamol lasts me about 5 years. Im not going to volunteer to be injected with some potion the Pharma industry has rushed onto the market in a blind panic.  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07 November 2020, 19:06:13 »

I had a flu jab 2 or 3 weeks ago, ended up with a dead arm for 3 days, and only just got over feeling shitty.  Maybe I am allergic to eggs after all ;D
You're just one of them 'sickly' people. A walking Petri dish  ;D
I do seem to have picked up a lot of the gayer allergies :(
I've heard tell your anus is allergic to vindaloo and stella.  ;D
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07 November 2020, 19:08:29 »

It might be a moot question anyway as this new strain of Covid found in Denmark on mink farms, has also been found in mink in Italy, Spain, Sweden, the Netherlands and the USA.

They are saying that this new strain (Mink Flu? Danish Virus?) might be resistant to the vaccines developed so far.  :-\
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07 November 2020, 19:09:34 »

Too soon for us I'm afraid we will just carry on as we have been nothing could have been approved/ tested properly yet & the virus is still mutating.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07 November 2020, 19:11:34 »

It might be a moot question anyway as this new strain of Covid found in Denmark on mink farms, has also been found in mink in Italy, Spain, Sweden, the Netherlands and the USA.

They are saying that this new strain (Mink Flu? Danish Virus?) might be resistant to the vaccines developed so far.  :-\
It's different enough so as to be a completely new virus. Coronavirus is nothing new, flu and sars being two examples, but this one behaves differently, it makes you all cute and furry.  ;D
Diesel till I die

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 07 November 2020, 19:11:40 »

I had a flu jab 2 or 3 weeks ago, ended up with a dead arm for 3 days, and only just got over feeling shitty.  Maybe I am allergic to eggs after all ;D
You're just one of them 'sickly' people. A walking Petri dish  ;D
I do seem to have picked up a lot of the gayer allergies :(
I've heard tell your anus is allergic to vindaloo and stella.  ;D
Not had hardly any takeaways since all this shit has happened, obviously.

I reckon if I had a vindaloo now, there would be a lot of blood in the potty in the morning ;D
Grumpy old man

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 07 November 2020, 19:25:27 »

It's different enough so as to be a completely new virus. Coronavirus is nothing new, flu and sars being two examples, but this one behaves differently, it makes you all cute and furry.  ;D

Mink are vicious little bastards, so if the new strain takes after them I doubt it'll be cute and fluffy!  :P
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 07 November 2020, 19:28:20 »

As no-one buys real fur anymore why are they breeding Mink?

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 07 November 2020, 19:30:01 »

As no-one buys real fur anymore why are they breeding Mink?
China, of course. Any animal on earth, they'll eat it, wear it or use it powdered to get their tiny yellow penises up.
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 07 November 2020, 20:12:31 »

I'd have it.

But incentivising it with lottery tickets? Really? ???

And credit it where it's due, they said it would be ready this year... Let's take a moment to acknowledge that that is pretty opposing impressive 8)
Onanists always think outside the box.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 07 November 2020, 20:14:39 »

I have family working in the pharma industry, and work contacts in pharma at Oxford. Whilst the NHS/Army might be ready to start vaccinations in Dec, I'm afraid there is no chance the vaccine will actually be ready by then.

The best guess is that they may be ready to start the vaccinations in late spring-early summer 2021(April-June). Even once a vaccine is approved, you've got to produce 68 million doses for the Uk, 500 million for greater Europe, similar numbers for North America etc. It takes about 3 months for the NHS to administer the flu jab, and that's typically only 15 million doses.

The next issue is that it's looking increasingly likey that the Oxford vaccine has some significant side effects in up to 70% of patients. Also, it's not 100% effective (I've seen 70% quoted), and will probably require a booster jab after 6 months as well, this doubling the number of doses and work required. Herd immunity won't start to take effect until 50% of the population are vaccinated, and the risk won't drop to 'acceptable' until 80%+.

Put simply, I wouldn't be too confident of things being back to near (new) normal till this time next year.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 07 November 2020, 20:15:33 »

I have family working in the pharma industry, and work contacts in pharma at Oxford. Whilst the NHS/Army might be ready to start vaccinations in Dec, I'm afraid there is no chance the vaccine will actually be ready by then.

The best guess is that they may be ready to start the vaccinations in late spring-early summer 2021(April-June). Even once a vaccine is approved, you've got to produce 68 million doses for the Uk, 500 million for greater Europe, similar numbers for North America etc. It takes about 3 months for the NHS to administer the flu jab, and that's typically only 15 million doses.

The next issue is that it's looking increasingly likey that the Oxford vaccine has some significant side effects in up to 70% of patients. Also, it's not 100% effective (I've seen 70% quoted), and will probably require a booster jab after 6 months as well, this doubling the number of doses and work required. Herd immunity won't start to take effect until 50% of the population are vaccinated, and the risk won't drop to 'acceptable' until 80%+.

Put simply, I wouldn't be too confident of things being back to near (new) normal till this time next year.
Misery guts.
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 07 November 2020, 20:22:28 »

Sounds like they have wasted all that time and effort even bothering to try... ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 07 November 2020, 20:24:23 »

Dont care of its available tomorrow or next Christmas. I aint having it. Simples.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 07 November 2020, 20:30:34 »

Dont care of its available tomorrow or next Christmas. I aint having it. Simples.
It's like this. If you don't have it, people might not want to work with you, etc, then you'll have no job.  :P
Diesel till I die
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 31   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 21 queries.