Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Astra Zenica EU Bullshit  (Read 4610 times)

Drewomega

• Aviemore and Mallorca
    • SKODA Octavia Scout 2.0
    • View Profile
Re: Astra Zenica EU Bullshit
« Reply #15 on: 29 January 2021, 16:36:09 »

We need to stand up for ourselves now, balls to the EU until we've got our own people sorted

Spot on Rangie! but I fear there are loadsa remainers/lefties who will insist that we do offer the vaccines to the world neighboring nations before we all are fully vaccinated.  :-\ :-\
I'm always last in the office in the morning but I make up for it by leaving first.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 29 January 2021, 16:54:03 »

but I fear there are loadsa remainers/lefties who will insist that we do offer the vaccines to the world neighboring nations before we all are fully vaccinated.  :-\ :-\
Not remainers, but plenty who believe we should give all ours to the corrupt African nations so they can be vaccinated before the rich West.
Grumpy old man

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 29 January 2021, 17:26:08 »

Oooo that’s next no doubt...,,,,
Laying a rubber road.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 29 January 2021, 17:41:08 »

It's part of the international vaccine agreements to give poor countries vaccines
The UK has probably given loads away already
such information is kept on the QT to stop the politicians being lynched by joe public

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 29 January 2021, 18:02:00 »

The contract has now been published here

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/ip_21_302

Two key points stand out. AZ’s commitment is to use best reasonable efforts and the commitment is to manufacture the initial doses within the EU.

I think this reveals the EU’s claims for our vaccine to be groundless.

Section 5.4  Manufacturing Sites AstraZeneca shall use its Best Reasonable Efforts to manufacture the Vaccine at manufacturing sites located within the EU (which, for the purposes of this Section 5.4 only shall include the United Kingdom) and may manufacture the Vaccine in non-EU facilities, if appropriate, to accelerate supply of the Vaccine in Europe....  It goes on... and on.... but I think this is the relevant part.

I can see this ending up in the courts to see whose contract with AstraZeneca takes precedence, the EU or UK.  It's been reported that there is a clause in the UK's contract that stipulates that AstraZeneca must fulfil the UK's order from UK manufacturing sites before supplying anywhere else and of course the UK/AstraZeneca contract was signed three months before the EU/AstaZeneca contract. 

I wonder if the EU Commission bothered to tell the British Government about this clause or even ask whether it was OK to consider the UK part of the EU for the purposes of this contract?  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 29 January 2021, 18:21:19 »

Two key points stand out. AZ’s commitment is to use best reasonable efforts and the commitment is to manufacture the initial doses within the EU.

Section 5.4  Manufacturing Sites AstraZeneca shall use its Best Reasonable Efforts to manufacture the Vaccine at manufacturing sites located within the EU (which, for the purposes of this Section 5.4 only shall include the United Kingdom) and may manufacture the Vaccine in non-EU facilities, if appropriate, to accelerate supply of the Vaccine in Europe....  It goes on... and on.... but I think this is the relevant part.

I can see this ending up in the courts to see whose contract with AstraZeneca takes precedence, the EU or UK.  It's been reported that there is a clause in the UK's contract that stipulates that AstraZeneca must fulfil the UK's order from UK manufacturing sites before supplying anywhere else and of course the UK/AstraZeneca contract was signed three months before the EU/AstaZeneca contract. 

I wonder if the EU Commission bothered to tell the British Government about this clause or even ask whether it was OK to consider the UK part of the EU for the purposes of this contract?  ::)
Which courts? Certainly not any European court and, I'm sure not any British court.
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 29 January 2021, 18:54:17 »

Which courts? Certainly not any European court and, I'm sure not any British court.

Good point.  The ECJ has no jurisdiction in the UK, and their contract probably stipulates that it is governed under EU law.  Unless..... there is a sneaky provision buried in there somewhere that it can be tried under English law as well.   I wouldn't put it past them.  ::)

In other news, the EU Commission has today invoked Article 16 of the Northern Ireland Protocol restricting the movement of vaccine between the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland, a move Arlene Foster has described as " an incredible act of hostility " It's kinda technical I guess as NI gets it's vaccine from the UK, and given it's shortage of vaccine it's laughable that the EU are worried that NI might be used as a backdoor to supply the rest of the UK.  Unless they plan a blockade of course...  ::)

It seems that the EU comission are becoming increasingly unhinged...  and what about the Good Friday Agreement?  ???

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-55864442

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 29 January 2021, 18:57:47 »

No deal was always the best outcome, but too late now.
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 29 January 2021, 20:07:54 »

The EU have invoked article 16, meaning that they've effectively placed a border between Northern and Southern Ireland with regards to the vaccine. Popcorn time.
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 29 January 2021, 20:10:05 »

Where's Albs when you need him?
Diesel till I die

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 29 January 2021, 20:10:05 »

If they don't put-up and shut-up, why don't we just declare war?  ;D

Last time I looked at a map, our closest EU neighbours are Ireland and France...... a single infantry unit could take those within a few hours.

2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 29 January 2021, 20:24:15 »

Mmmm,  I wonder how the NATO Organisation treaty  would work that lot out👀👀👀
Laying a rubber road.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 29 January 2021, 20:26:29 »

But of course very petty,  pulling  NI Into this, when will we ever be totally free from these despotic bastards
Laying a rubber road.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 29 January 2021, 20:30:07 »

If they don't put-up and shut-up, why don't we just declare war?  ;D

Last time I looked at a map, our closest EU neighbours are Ireland and France...... a single infantry unit could take those within a few hours.
Hmmm.....it was French missiles that almost cost us the falklands war.
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 29 January 2021, 20:32:23 »

Albs is here! The swear filter will explode  ;D
Diesel till I die
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.