Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Don't get old  (Read 4324 times)

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
Re: Don't get old
« Reply #45 on: 22 July 2023, 15:07:44 »

Half of them can't even read the road SIGNS ,let alone read the road  ::)

Have you noticed that many roadsigns are completely obscured nowadays by trees  & bushes due to the local council cutbacks, even our roundabouts in this are are completely overgrown looks dreadful.
Err , I think you'll find they're actually "efficiency savings" rather than cutbacks  ;)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 22 July 2023, 16:12:24 »

Have you noticed that many roadsigns are completely obscured nowadays by trees  & bushes due to the local council cutbacks, even our roundabouts in this are are completely overgrown looks dreadful.
Lack of cut backs, actually  ;D
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 22 July 2023, 16:55:37 »

Very good Steve 😂😂😂
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 22 July 2023, 17:01:17 »

A38 (streethay Lichfield to Alrewas) recently .
it's been reduced from NSL to 40 with average speed cameras for weeks due to HS2 works (though no one is ever working on the A38 when i drive down it daily  ::) people dob't understand how average speed works  :-X
An example of the idiots NOT reading the signs is, for the last week ,a large section has been reduced to ONE lane .
 800 yards (and every 200 Yards there after) before the single lane section are signs saying "USE BOTH LANES WHEN QUEING " and "MURGE IN TURN" .
Idiots Block the "fast" lane and dawdle along with the other idiots in lane one at 2MPH causing a massive mile long tailbacks  >:(

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 22 July 2023, 17:04:43 »

I agree  ;)
not only signs being blocked by vegetation, but also line of sight at junctions etc ,causing accidents  .

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 22 July 2023, 17:15:00 »

it's been reduced from NSL to 40 with average speed cameras for weeks due to HS2 works (though no one is ever working on the A38 when i drive down it daily  ::) people dob't understand how average speed works  :-X
An example of the idiots NOT reading the signs is, for the last week ,a large section has been reduced to ONE lane .
 800 yards (and every 200 Yards there after) before the single lane section are signs saying "USE BOTH LANES WHEN QUEING " and "MURGE IN TURN" .
Idiots Block the "fast" lane and dawdle along with the other idiots in lane one at 2MPH causing a massive mile long tailbacks  >:(
You'd think they'd learn to spell merge correctly  ;D
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 22 July 2023, 17:16:26 »

You're certainly on the ball today Steve 👍
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 22 July 2023, 17:18:58 »

I agree  ;)
not only signs being blocked by vegetation, but also line of sight at junctions etc ,causing accidents  .
Yep. Plenty of grass verges at junctions round here. If they're not mowed it's impossible to see if it's safe to pull out without actually pulling out. Lots of shouty voices, beepy horns and filled underwear.
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 22 July 2023, 17:19:54 »

You're certainly on the ball today Steve 👍
I've just taken my medication, Mick, it lasts about half an hour then I go back to sleep  ;D
Diesel till I die

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 22 July 2023, 17:20:42 »

:-[
maybe thar's the problem then  :D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 22 July 2023, 18:07:03 »

There's a speed camera near here which is totally obscured by the hedge grown up in front of it.  :y

Thing is the hedge has been cut around the camera with a tractor mounted flail cutter and the operator obviously couldn't be arsed to get out and clear the bit in front of the camera by hand.  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 22 July 2023, 18:09:42 »

My Father in law said he would stop driving as soon as he reached 80 years of age, he had always had powerful vehicles Jaguar, Aston Martin etc. He did so true to his word and if he needed transport we always obliged, I will definitely do the same as I think it's a very sensible decision.

Not long to go then Mick.  Can I have your Range Rover?  :)                                                       ;D

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 22 July 2023, 18:18:37 »

My Father in law said he would stop driving as soon as he reached 80 years of age, he had always had powerful vehicles Jaguar, Aston Martin etc. He did so true to his word and if he needed transport we always obliged, I will definitely do the same as I think it's a very sensible decision.

Not long to go then Mick.  Can I have your Range Rover?  :)                                                       ;D
Only 128 months to go so you'll have to be patient..😂

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 22 July 2023, 18:27:43 »

Better than minge though?
Laying a rubber road.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 22 July 2023, 18:33:08 »

Better than minge though?

I don't know....  I'm partial to a bit of munge!  :D

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 18 queries.