Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Post holiday, post car blues  (Read 665 times)

damon80

• Wigan
    • View Profile
Post holiday, post car blues
« on: 05 August 2012, 01:57:14 »

Well folks,

The new bambino is on the way in Jan, hence the reason for me selling my Miggy,

Miggy got sold to a very nice gentleman in Lincs, a splendid chap indeed he was, a pleasure to deal with (especially after all the messers I had to deal with during the selling process...  >:(  >:(  >:( )

After the ol' girl went, I got by just using the 400 Superdream I restored over winter for work, seeing as the weather was nice.  Just to tide me over till we got back off hols in the Motorhome.

Having got back today (Saturday), it's just sunk in...

F**k, I miss my Miggy  :-[  :-[  :-[

Saw loads in Germany, some absolute stunners.  And they look sooo much better with the Opel grille for some reason.

Was chatting to one German bloke, who was towing a huuuuge Hobby Prestige (and I mean huge, it's the size of 'van that needs an LGV to tow it over here) with a 3.2 Saloon at one campsite (in my broken German, he didn't speak a word of the Queens), showed him a pic of mine on my phone, and gave him the URL of here.  He was very happy at that.  He said - I think - that "these cars can tow anything, and I used to have a 3.0 Opel Reckord before this Omega, and I wants to keep this Omega till I die".

I'm just thinking Zafira GSi right now as the way forwards  ::)

And remembering fondly the last time we went up the Autobahn in our Miggy, 4-up, with all our camping gear in the boot, at 162mph on TomTom.

God bless JWG  :'(  :'(

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Post holiday, post car blues
« Reply #1 on: 05 August 2012, 08:55:22 »

I see lots of Omega B's in Germany with the old 15" Senator style alloys. Even facelift cars. Must have sold them that way over there. They actually suit them quite well, IMHO.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.