Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Drivers Door Locked Help Please  (Read 4391 times)

Tick Tock

• Hereford
    • 2.5 V6 Facelift Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Drivers Door Locked Help Please
« Reply #45 on: 25 April 2011, 09:47:50 »

It's been an interesting thread, and always good when a conclusion is reached. Thanks for posting the pics, and good luck putting it all back together  :y
Omega 2.5 V6 Facelift Estates, a CD & a CDX both in the rare star silver colour.

JOHN K

• Wild West Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 25 April 2011, 22:10:47 »

I found myself with a closed and deadlocked door a couple of years ago - contemplated angle grinding a hole to get access to free the mechanism then buying a second hand door.
Solved eventually by releasing every accessible door trim fastening from the inside and prising the trim inwards from a top corner. With the trim wedged inwards as far as it will go there is just enough room to get long reach tools to the rear of the electro mechanical works from outside the car with the window open. There is a flimsy plastic cover (?water shield) which will have to be destroyed but behind that is a nut which can be turned to unlock the door.
Neither the solenoid nor any of the wire operating rods  from the key lock or any of the inside or outside handles will free a mechanism as rusted and seized as mine was. £20 bought one as good as new from a breaker.
Not easy but it can be done.

Boiler Man

• Intermediate Member
  • Sale, Manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 26 April 2011, 17:35:15 »

Thats vertually what I did John.

But I removed the seat to get better access.

The 4 pronged cog in the photo, that came off mine. Isn't exactly fixed very strongly even on the replacement. Flopping about a bit.

Seems to be a bit of a weak spot. :-/

Having said that, the car has done 185 K and I'm in and out all the time, so well used. :y
« Last Edit: 26 April 2011, 17:36:04 by Boiler_Man »
Omega 2.0 DTI GLS Estate 99 Gold & Omega 2.2 DTI CDX Estate 03 Silver. Just need a Bronze one now for the full set.

Tangerine

• 6-2000 2.5TD Auto CDX
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 26 April 2011, 19:26:22 »

I have been interested to read all the posts on this subject because I raised a similar point a few weeks ago when my passengar door refused to unlock (in my case the locking tab just jumps up and down slightly when using the remote but not enough to allow the door to be unlocked.
I have come to the conclusion that the door card cannot be removed with the door closed because some of the retaining screws are hidden by the dash.

JOHN K

• Wild West Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 26 April 2011, 22:58:12 »

Glad you got it all sorted and, like me, you did not have to destroy the door card.
The other front lock mech on my car also seized recently - this time in the open position, ie would not latch.This time I put the mech in a vice and worked on it for a while to free it off, then smothered it in marine grease.
I am probably getting these faults earlier than most because the car sits out in salt air and sometimes sea spray, but as the cars get older more seizures can be expected.
They really do lock up solid but can be freed with a bit of patience and made to work again.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.