Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: NCDC2013 or 2015  (Read 4468 times)

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
Re: NCDC2013 or 2015
« Reply #15 on: 26 February 2013, 21:42:02 »

As your car is a 2003 elite, the additional 12 pin RGB plug that is required for the CID should be tuck away behind the instrument binacle.

If you want to run the 2015 and CID in you car, then no additional wiring is required.  But as TB say, the units will have to be depaired prior to removal from the saloon, and then repaired without the telematics in your car.

If you decide to fit the telematics as well, then you will have to make up a loom for this, as only cars fitted with telematics have the correct wiring.  If you are scraping the saloon anyway, you could cut most of the loom that you need out of that, and then build the loom up from there using a Trafficmaster loom.

If you decide to do away with the telematics, then make sure it is put into delivery mode when you depair it, and you will be able to sell the unit on if you want.
HTH  :y
....and sell it to me  :y

I actually typed that originally Andy, but then I noticed the OP's postcount and changed it so I didn't get in trouble!    ;D

Is it greedy to have all our vehicles running NCDC/CID/Telematics combo's?  ::) ;D

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
  • 2008 BMW E61 535D LCi M Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 26 February 2013, 22:20:27 »

As your car is a 2003 elite, the additional 12 pin RGB plug that is required for the CID should be tuck away behind the instrument binacle.

If you want to run the 2015 and CID in you car, then no additional wiring is required.  But as TB say, the units will have to be depaired prior to removal from the saloon, and then repaired without the telematics in your car.

If you decide to fit the telematics as well, then you will have to make up a loom for this, as only cars fitted with telematics have the correct wiring.  If you are scraping the saloon anyway, you could cut most of the loom that you need out of that, and then build the loom up from there using a Trafficmaster loom.

If you decide to do away with the telematics, then make sure it is put into delivery mode when you depair it, and you will be able to sell the unit on if you want.
HTH  :y
....and sell it to me  :y

I actually typed that originally Andy, but then I noticed the OP's postcount and changed it so I didn't get in trouble!    ;D

Is it greedy to have all our vehicles running NCDC/CID/Telematics combo's?  ::) ;D

Yes!  ;D
It doesn't matter how far you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 26 February 2013, 23:32:42 »

Right, I think I've got it now! Took a bit of figuring out, but thanks to Twiglet and The Boy for the answers that made it a little clearer! The tax and MOT actually run out on the 3.2 saloon at the end of March - probably take it for it Mot in the next few days, see how it goes on which might influence what I do with it. It'll fail at the moment, but it seems a shame to scrap it, but then again, I've 5 Omegas at the moment, which is a little OCD.....
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.