Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: British Gp  (Read 4871 times)

Phil L

• Intermediate Member
  • Hitchin
    • 2003 2.6 Elite estate
    • View Profile
Re: British Gp
« Reply #30 on: 11 July 2015, 18:11:53 »

But why is it "allowed" Rods? Is it because motogp bikes don't loose grip when they come up behind the guy in front ? (Answer, yes it is ;) )

Take that grip away from an F1 car and it won't turn in/stop/or have any lateral grip at all. As the wings on the car in front have removed all the air for the car behind. (Apologies if that's an overly obvious statement)

iirc F1 cars like this used to go round corners and overtake each other with not a wing in sight. :) :) :)

So take away most of the artificial aero stuff and then they will be able to overtake again. :y :y :y

Horses for courses and wings have their place, but to watch public demonstrations of those in action, I go to something called an 'airshow'. :P :P :P
It'd be great to watch the current crop of drivers driving these
Wishing I'd not sold the 67 Mustang...

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
Re: British Gp
« Reply #31 on: 11 July 2015, 18:18:17 »

But why is it "allowed" Rods? Is it because motogp bikes don't loose grip when they come up behind the guy in front ? (Answer, yes it is ;) )

Take that grip away from an F1 car and it won't turn in/stop/or have any lateral grip at all. As the wings on the car in front have removed all the air for the car behind. (Apologies if that's an overly obvious statement)

iirc F1 cars like this used to go round corners and overtake each other with not a wing in sight. :) :) :)

So take away most of the artificial aero stuff and then they will be able to overtake again. :y :y :y

Horses for courses and wings have their place, but to watch public demonstrations of those in action, I go to something called an 'airshow'. :P :P :P

So you want to make f1 into what is now formula junior. That formula already exists and its archaic and dull.

I think you'll find motor sport has moved on since you last looked Rods. ;D Several championships have filled the space left as F1 progressed. This leaves F1 high and dry if it can't sort itself out.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.