Author Topic: TT  (Read 1234 times)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
TT
« on: 08 June 2023, 21:09:25 »

Anyone else been watching this? I only get to see the highlight programmes 3 wins so far for Michael Dunlop taking his total to 24 wins[2 short of his uncle Joey]with 4 races left that he's competing in also set lap record at 134.5 in the Superbike TT[I think it's just over 135 for the Senior TT] the Birchall boys also posted the first 120 mph lap for the sidecars.makes you wonder how much faster if at all everyone can pedal the bikes round the course.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Re: TT
« Reply #1 on: 08 June 2023, 21:11:52 »

2nd sidecar race on now and they've just slightly upped their own record with a 120.6 mph lap.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 June 2023, 09:10:32 »

Ooops,just realised I've posted this in wrong section.Could an admin move it to Gen.Dis. please?

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 June 2023, 09:35:28 »

Yeah I have watched most of it. Very mixed feelings about young Dunlop winning everything. Its great to see, and he deserves it, but I really hoped Joeys record would stand forever.
It may well be gone (or at least matched) within the next few days.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 June 2023, 11:16:36 »

I see the TT has already claimed its first victim, pretty much impossible to protect riders on a bike  :'(

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 June 2023, 11:31:11 »

Anyone else been watching this? I only get to see the highlight programmes 3 wins so far for Michael Dunlop taking his total to 24 wins[2 short of his uncle Joey]with 4 races left that he's competing in also set lap record at 134.5 in the Superbike TT[I think it's just over 135 for the Senior TT] the Birchall boys also posted the first 120 mph lap for the sidecars.makes you wonder how much faster if at all everyone can pedal the bikes round the course.

I believe they use an engine in some of these 'projectiles' these days.... ::) ::)

Seriously though 120 MPH with the chair fitted is crazy fast. I Believe 'Mike the bike Hailwood' and Agostini used to lap at about 110-112MPH back in the day.

Balls of steel these boys.

I sometimes wonder what would happen if a dog gets loose. ???

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 June 2023, 11:38:59 »

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 June 2023, 14:12:34 »

Hickman upped the lap record today to 136.358mph !  :o
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 June 2023, 20:05:14 »

I believe Agostini was one of the main "voices" involved in getting the TT dropped from the World championship calendar on the grounds of safety at the speeds they were achieving back then.Admittedly the technology of the bikes has moved on since then and the riders leathers now have back protectors and airbags plus they use chest protectors,but still as has been proved a mistake/mechanical fault can still result so easily in a fatality.
I think if anyone breaks Joeys [perhaps the greatest of all Road racers?]record it would be fitting for it to be another Dunlop and given his father,his brother and of course his uncle all died in road racing incidents Michaels commitment is nothing short of amazing.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09 June 2023, 21:08:15 »

I believe Agostini was one of the main "voices" involved in getting the TT dropped from the World championship calendar on the grounds of safety at the speeds they were achieving back then.Admittedly the technology of the bikes has moved on since then and the riders leathers now have back protectors and airbags plus they use chest protectors,but still as has been proved a mistake/mechanical fault can still result so easily in a fatality.
I think if anyone breaks Joeys [perhaps the greatest of all Road racers?]record it would be fitting for it to be another Dunlop and given his father,his brother and of course his uncle all died in road racing incidents Michaels ]stupidity?is nothing short of amazing.
Amended, Excuse the gallows humour.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09 June 2023, 22:44:13 »

Hickman upped the lap record today to 136.358mph !  :o

Mark Higgins averaged 128 mph around the course in a rally car,it's on you tube and is bloody frightening to watch
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10 June 2023, 07:59:12 »

Hickmans outright lap record set on the Superstock bike,perhaps a more wieldy rounded machine for the TT course than the full on Superbike racer?
Meanwhile to round off a great couple of weeks for us motorbike race fans this afternoon[Saturday]at 1.30pm MotoGP sprint race being shown live on ITV4 and tomorrow[Sunday]from 9.15am the Moto2&3 races also showing live on ITV4 with the MotoGP race itself from 12.30 live on ITV1 :y :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10 June 2023, 10:37:01 »

Yeah I have watched most of it. Very mixed feelings about young Dunlop winning everything. Its great to see, and he deserves it, but I really hoped Joeys record would stand forever.
It may well be gone (or at least matched) within the next few days.

It seems MD is currently 34 years old. I think Joey was close to 50  when he enjoyed his last TT victory.

If the record does not do this year I imagine it soon will.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12 June 2023, 09:06:08 »

Although it looked as though Joeys record would at least be equalled a bike failure put an end to that so the record stands for at least one more year.Hats off also to Dean Harrison who rode the wheels off his bikes to finish the week with five third places and a second with Dunlop and Hickman sharing the honours at four wins each.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.