Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wheels  (Read 773 times)

miggy

Wheels
« on: 19 October 2007, 19:15:44 »

Took the alloys off miggy today and put my origional CDX ones back on, I have done this ready for the winter as i dont want to get my alloys ruined, I need to get them re lacquered ready for next summer, the wheels are not powder coated they are highly pollished alloy with a clear coat.

Winter road salt would ruin them.

:y :y

Dazzler

• Omega Baron
  • Haverhill, Suffolk
  • Drive it like you stole it......
    • View Profile
Re: Wheels
« Reply #1 on: 19 October 2007, 19:18:17 »

You do nurse your beloved don't you mate ;)
Big jobbies now finished.....Now running on LPG

miggy

« Reply #2 on: 19 October 2007, 19:27:35 »

You do nurse your beloved don't you mate ;)

Ever seen these rich people with large houses and you can see the car in the garage through a glass wall, well, thats me when I win the lottery on the weekend ;D, it sounds sad but i am an Omega fanatic, I sometimes think i spend more time cleaning her than driving ;D, its worth it though, driving her in the summer with the alloys, full wet look, she does turn heads,gave her a full claying, waxing, glossing and sealing a few days ago, she is well and truly ready for the winter.

I like the sound of the V6 grunt so I want to get an exhaust fitted, something low key just to enphasize the sound of the auto box changing.

;D ;D ;D ;D  

Danny

• Omega Lord
  • Wigan, Greater Manchester
  • BLACK 1.6 BORA SHAPED JETTA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 October 2007, 20:11:23 »

thought you were gonna say you're selling the chromes then!!

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 October 2007, 21:07:04 »

Took the alloys off miggy today and put my origional CDX ones back on, I have done this ready for the winter as i dont want to get my alloys ruined, I need to get them re lacquered ready for next summer, the wheels are not powder coated they are highly pollished alloy with a clear coat.

Can you not get protective coating to spray on them now?

miggy

« Reply #5 on: 19 October 2007, 21:32:43 »

Could do Mike but i always take them off in the winter.

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 October 2007, 21:40:18 »

I will be using the protective stuff for the new irmschers and regular cleaning :y

miggy

« Reply #7 on: 19 October 2007, 21:45:52 »

I will be using the protective stuff for the new irmschers and regular cleaning :y

Dont blame you mate, keep on top of the wheel cleaning, it dont take much to build up the brake dust, if its not removed regularly it tends seal on and looks like tar spots.

We had bad snow down here last year in Newport, I was in the company car and you could not see the kerb edges due to the depth of the snow, i came around a bend on an estate and my rear wheel caught the kerb, alloy damaged, if that had been the miggy i would have been gutted.

miggy

« Reply #8 on: 19 October 2007, 21:48:50 »

Hows the asbestos thing going mike, i remember you took a course a few months ago.

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19 October 2007, 21:53:17 »

Dont blame you mate, keep on top of the wheel cleaning, it dont take much to build up the brake dust, if its not removed regularly it tends seal on and looks like tar spots.

We had bad snow down here last year in Newport, I was in the company car and you could not see the kerb edges due to the depth of the snow, i came around a bend on an estate and my rear wheel caught the kerb, alloy damaged, if that had been the miggy i would have been gutted.

Thankfully we don't get much snow these days in london ;D.........but have become very good at kerb avoidance in the past 2 weeks, always dip the mirrors when reversing to park now ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 21 queries.