Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Which Tyres Are Best Suited To The Omega...  (Read 3623 times)

johndm1957

• Bedford
    • View Profile
Which Tyres Are Best Suited To The Omega...
« on: 29 January 2007, 19:29:50 »

As I mentioned in another thread, I have a brand new Pirelli P zero Rosso in the boot on a 17" alloy. (235/45/17), and I plan to buy it a mate to replace my worn fronts, cost around £120 for one tyre.
On a previous Elite, I had some Falken or something along that line, they were around £70 each, performed very well, and lasted for the 30,000 miles I drove in that car. (16" rims on  a 96 Elite if I recall?)

So, before I splash out on a Pirelli, what tyres have you had on your Omega, and how did they perform?

The Barge Captain

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol
  • Back in the land of the economicaly active
    • View Profile
Re: Which Tyres Are Best Suited To The Omega...
« Reply #1 on: 29 January 2007, 19:52:54 »

Aargh - another tyre thread  :-X
Avon ZV3 and after 3000 miles they are still looking like new  ;D
Thou art no more an angel filled with light, but a leech to be abhorred and thou shalt suffer my burning will...

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 January 2007, 20:02:36 »

Some people here (myself included) like Contis... seem to work well on the Omega.
Alas, no more Omegas....

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 January 2007, 21:24:57 »

Pirelli P7's on 16"s.  Good for 20,000 front and rear with good grip & even wear - Kwik Fit £140 - Local fitter £80. :y
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29 January 2007, 22:25:49 »

Michelin Pilots, damn expensive but they wear well for such a good gripping tyre. Almost as good as Eagle F1s, Bridgestone S-03s etc both of which are great tyres but too soft for a high miler. I've never had a good experience with Pirellis including P-Zero Asymmetrico so personally I wouldn't touch them but it really depends on your driving style and I guess the car too to an extent. I've tried Falken FK-451s which are good for the money, if not quite up there with the more expensive stuff.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 January 2007, 18:03:53 »

Michelin Pilots, damn expensive but they wear well for such a good gripping tyre. Almost as good as Eagle F1s, Bridgestone S-03s etc both of which are great tyres but too soft for a high miler. I've never had a good experience with Pirellis including P-Zero Asymmetrico so personally I wouldn't touch them but it really depends on your driving style and I guess the car too to an extent. I've tried Falken FK-451s which are good for the money, if not quite up there with the more expensive stuff.
Last time I tried Pilots (not on Omega), I found them too hard. Ironically, probably due to all the slipage, they wore quick as well...
Grumpy old man

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #6 on: 30 January 2007, 18:11:37 »

I just had 2 tyres fitted to the rear of mine this afternoon.....couldnt tell you the make....£20 for the pair fitted  :D

Should point out they wernt new......a week old....tyre place i use, ordered them in for someone....fitted them and then a week later he was back wanting michelins.....so they took em off....and saved them for me  8-)

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30 January 2007, 19:01:28 »

Nice one TD!  ;D

For the rest of us. I would honestly say Goodyear Eagle F1's or Continental premi-contacts (in that order).
The Administrator.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30 January 2007, 19:03:20 »

Nice one TD!  ;D

For the rest of us. I would honestly say Goodyear Eagle F1's or Continental premi-contacts (in that order).
I like my Dunlops. Marks_DTM reckons they are a bit noisy, but I'll live with that ;)
Grumpy old man

Jim Bob2

• Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 30 January 2007, 20:30:42 »

As I mentioned in another thread, I have a brand new Pirelli P zero Rosso in the boot on a 17" alloy. (235/45/17), and I plan to buy it a mate to replace my worn fronts, cost around £120 for one tyre.
On a previous Elite, I had some Falken or something along that line, they were around £70 each, performed very well, and lasted for the 30,000 miles I drove in that car. (16" rims on  a 96 Elite if I recall?)

So, before I splash out on a Pirelli, what tyres have you had on your Omega, and how did they perform?

I used Michelin pilots which wore well but gave a harder ride. I now have Avon ZV3's which give a better ride, slightly less grip, alot cheaper but don't know about wear yet. I suspect they'll wear quicker.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 30 January 2007, 22:15:38 »

Goodyear Eagle Ventura's here, 15k miles so far and they ARE like new. 8mm on front, 6mm on back  :y

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 30 January 2007, 23:13:39 »

Goodyear Eagle Ventura's here, 15k miles so far and they ARE like new. 8mm on front, 6mm on back  :y

Do you ever go on a road Tunnie or just take it for a run on a treadmill?   :D
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 31 January 2007, 10:47:36 »

You have to remember, Tunnies is a 2.2 so the tyres will never get any real stress anyway!  ;)
The Administrator.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 31 January 2007, 11:40:55 »

You have to remember, Tunnies is a 2.2 so the tyres will never get any real stress anyway!  ;)

;D ;D ;D

90% of my miles is motorway... I also never really cane it around round-abouts. I drive quick, my mum says too quick, when on the lanes i tend to give it some stick...

I drive no different than when I had my 2.0 Mondeo, that did 8k per set of fronts! If I keep driving the way I do, I should see 45/50k out of these tyres.

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #14 on: 31 January 2007, 14:17:56 »

Some people here (myself included) like Contis... seem to work well on the Omega.

Agreed  :y conti sport contacts for me ( one on each corner) ;)
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 21 queries.