Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Where do I find the outside temperature sensor?  (Read 2836 times)

alan16train

• Bedford
    • 1999 omega 2l 16v
    • View Profile
Where do I find the outside temperature sensor?
« on: 08 January 2013, 12:50:41 »

The Interior Display has suddenly started showing an incorrect temperature. yesterday 50.2 degC !! and today 18.5 deg C when I know its 9 deg C outside. I'm thinking the connection to the sensor may be dodgy, or I may have to replace the sensor. Haynes Manual no help!
Alan

0795omega

• View Profile
Re: Where do I find the outside temperature sensor?
« Reply #1 on: 08 January 2013, 13:13:13 »

its under front bumper on pass side near front, a little black thing with a plug going into it.

05omegav6

« Reply #2 on: 08 January 2013, 13:16:08 »

Easily accessible on F/L below the washer bottle. Just pop the bonnet and reach down :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 January 2013, 13:29:57 »

Easily accessible on F/L below the washer bottle. Just pop the bonnet and reach down :y

that assumes that the OP's car is a very very early facelift because it's described as a 99 car  ::)

05omegav6

« Reply #4 on: 08 January 2013, 13:51:49 »

Never had the far inferior pre facelift ::) hence my post being a facelift one :y

Iirc, m/fl cars have been '00 W, and F/L cars have been '99-'00, so wouldn't rule it out :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 January 2013, 13:55:25 »

Never had the far inferior pre facelift ::) hence my post being a facelift one :y
but we Pre-facelift owners like the interiors to stay as it was originally intended   ::) ::)  ::)

, m/fl cars have been '00 W, and F/L cars have been '99-'00, so wouldn't rule it out :y
Mini facelift cars are from S reg (or maybe R reg) to very very early W reg  ;)
« Last Edit: 08 January 2013, 13:59:05 by Andy B »

05omegav6

« Reply #6 on: 08 January 2013, 14:08:16 »

Never really liked the earlier interiors tbh :-\ Remind me of the Vectra B, and I never really liked them either ::)

Doesn't alter the fact that the outside temp sensor lives in the front bumper somwhere below and behind the number plate. How you access it depends on whether your car is pre (grill in bumper) or post (grill in bonnet) facelift :y As said post facelift nice and easy :y

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 January 2013, 14:33:33 »

Its mounted behind the passenger side fog light

05omegav6

« Reply #8 on: 08 January 2013, 14:37:31 »

So presumably, pop out the fog light and reach in :-\

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08 January 2013, 15:28:57 »

So presumably, pop out the fog light and reach in :-\

No need, stick your hand underneath the front edge of the bumper.

alan16train

• Bedford
    • 1999 omega 2l 16v
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13 January 2013, 13:40:40 »

The Interior Display has suddenly started showing an incorrect temperature. yesterday 50.2 degC !! and today 18.5 deg C when I know its 9 deg C outside. I'm thinking the connection to the sensor may be dodgy, or I may have to replace the sensor. Haynes Manual no help!
Alan
Thank you for all the replies but I'm still struggling to find the outside temperature sensor, after following them, to clarify, my Omega is a 1998 model first registered 1999 and it has a grill which lifts out. I have removed it, and centrally is the windscreen washer reservoir, nothing else.
If its behind the passenger side foglight  do I just remove the small grill and pull the light forward, as I would to change a bulb? or do I have to remove the bumper for access? I have a pit but from underneath I see nothing obvious.
regards
Alan

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13 January 2013, 18:59:55 »

Alan
Thank you for all the replies but I'm still struggling to find the outside temperature sensor, after following them, to clarify, my Omega is a 1998 model first registered 1999 and it has a grill which lifts out. I have removed it, and centrally is the windscreen washer reservoir, nothing else.
If its behind the passenger side foglight  do I just remove the small grill and pull the light forward, as I would to change a bulb? or do I have to remove the bumper for access? I have a pit but from underneath I see nothing obvious.
regards
Alan

It's clipped to the lower edge of your bumper, passenger side.  :y

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 13 January 2013, 19:41:48 »

Alan
regards
Alan

It's clipped to the lower edge of your bumper, passenger side.  :y
Mine was pushed through a rubber grommet in the bottom lip if the plastic bumper.
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

alan16train

• Bedford
    • 1999 omega 2l 16v
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 16 January 2013, 16:45:03 »

Hi Guys, I'm sorry to be so thick! i have now FOUND that damned temperature sensor!! It was'nt so difficult after all!
The wiring looks ok and I see plenty on Ebay about £3.+ so I am now ordering one.
I did get a glance at a Vauxhall Worksop Manual for Omega B and I see how to 'break' the front clip to remove the sensor, etc.

Thank you all for your patience and help

Alan

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 16 January 2013, 20:09:29 »

The wiring looks ok and I see plenty on Ebay about £3.+ so I am now ordering one. .....

They were only about £6 from Vauxhall .......  :-\
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.