Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: STOP PRESS !! Vauxhall CCR2006 & CDR2005 Available  (Read 4678 times)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: STOP PRESS !! Vauxhall CCR2006 & CDR2005 Available
« Reply #30 on: 02 February 2011, 09:18:41 »

Hmm . . .
I`m scared you may be right . . .
Haven`t yet replaced the Ferrari . . . .
Spending too much time on here amongst you lot . . .
Bought the Missus a bloody Vauxhall a while back . . . .
Grrrr !!

>:(

PMSL. ;D

Well, to continue the "spontaneous ignition" theme, an Omega with an ageing power sounder would be perfect, no? :-X

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #31 on: 02 February 2011, 09:34:07 »

Hmm . . .
I`m scared you may be right . . .
Haven`t yet replaced the Ferrari . . . .
Spending too much time on here amongst you lot . . .
Bought the Missus a bloody Vauxhall a while back . . . .
Grrrr !!

>:(

PMSL. ;D

Well, to continue the "spontaneous ignition" theme, an Omega with an ageing power sounder would be perfect, no? :-X

Kevin

LMFAO  ;D

Not thought of that !!   ;D
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 02 February 2011, 11:59:09 »

Just a little reminder, that's all.  :P  I'm sure you electricary boffins could knock something up if encouraged enough.  :)
Reminds me, I have depaired cd70. Really must get around to playing with it...  ...if I can be arsed
Grumpy old man

feeutfo

« Reply #33 on: 03 February 2011, 00:57:52 »

Just a little reminder, that's all.  :P  I'm sure you electricary boffins could knock something up if encouraged enough.  :)
Reminds me, I have depaired cd70. Really must get around to playing with it...  ...if I can be arsed
Car on my drive has a fubar nav laser in a 2013 with CID, could do with sorting "something" out, repair .......  or replace perhaps? ::) car is sorned currently though.

feeutfo

« Reply #34 on: 03 February 2011, 01:37:12 »

But it'll never work in an omega anyway so my springs are safe. :P
« Last Edit: 03 February 2011, 23:51:29 by chrisgixer »

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 03 February 2011, 09:29:44 »

Car on my drive has a fubar nav laser in a 2013 with CID, could do with sorting "something" out, repair .......  or replace perhaps? ::) car is sorned currently though.

Didn't Mark post a link for a source of lasers? Happy to do the surgery if you get a laser.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

feeutfo

« Reply #36 on: 03 February 2011, 23:29:41 »

Didn't Mark post a link for a source of lasers? Happy to do the surgery if you get a laser.

Kevin
Hi did, and that's a kind offer, it's a job that will have to be done one way or another. If I could find the time ATM I'd order it and have a go at replacement, I love these sorts of jobs, assuming it's intrecate and fiddly watchmaker type work?. Sadly my/your recommendation for marine ply bathroom upgrade had it's legs removed in no uncertain terms.  >:(

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #37 on: 03 February 2011, 23:44:41 »

TB, have seen on German auction site a CANBUS simulator for putting a CANBUS Audi radio into an older NON-CANBUS car, and this £25 little box of tricks gives the ignition sense signal to turn it on and off. I`m going to have a play to see if it can be modified in any way for use on the Omega, but mention it in case you get to research it before I do.
 ;)
www.dndservices.co.uk

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 03 February 2011, 23:46:25 »

Sadly my/your recommendation for marine ply bathroom upgrade had it's legs removed in no uncertain terms.  >:(

Mrs. KW was sceptical at first, but it's really grown on her. ;D

feeutfo

« Reply #39 on: 03 February 2011, 23:58:09 »

TB, have seen on German auction site a CANBUS simulator for putting a CANBUS Audi radio into an older NON-CANBUS car, and this £25 little box of tricks gives the ignition sense signal to turn it on and off. I`m going to have a play to see if it can be modified in any way for use on the Omega, but mention it in case you get to research it before I do.
 ;)
?         ..... nah, there's no point me asking I won't understand the answer and don't have the skills to put it into practice anyway.  :'(.     ;D

feeutfo

« Reply #40 on: 04 February 2011, 00:02:09 »

Sadly my/your recommendation for marine ply bathroom upgrade had it's legs removed in no uncertain terms.  >:(

Mrs. KW was sceptical at first, but it's really grown on her. ;D
Having got this far "we" are beginning to see the attraction too.  ;D

Been I rather nightmare tbh. Mostly due to tradesman.

Lampynoiseboy

• SE Essex
  • pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
    • '51 3.2 Elite "Floozy"
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 04 February 2011, 09:37:25 »

I know it's Dave's business, but it's so refreshing to find someone who obviously puts so much time & effort into something that he "can't stand." I can't imagine the money he makes from here is a great deal when compared to his website & physical business.

There are many others on other forums could learn a lot from him- many thanks & please keep it up!

*excuse my while I throw up..... ;) :y :y :y
Trouble strikes in series of three's, but when working on the car, the next job after a series of three is not the fourth job -- it's the start of a brand new series of three

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #42 on: 04 February 2011, 10:01:24 »

I know it's Dave's business, but it's so refreshing to find someone who obviously puts so much time & effort into something that he "can't stand." I can't imagine the money he makes from here is a great deal when compared to his website & physical business.

There are many others on other forums could learn a lot from him- many thanks & please keep it up!

*excuse my while I throw up..... ;) :y :y :y

Thanks for the kind comments -
Now what are you really after ?

:-[ ;)
www.dndservices.co.uk

Lampynoiseboy

• SE Essex
  • pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
    • '51 3.2 Elite "Floozy"
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 04 February 2011, 10:09:20 »

Awwwwww, don't look so sad...... We may disagree on Bose, but I was being nice!  :-*
Trouble strikes in series of three's, but when working on the car, the next job after a series of three is not the fourth job -- it's the start of a brand new series of three

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 04 February 2011, 10:39:42 »

;)

I'm sure I've seen devices that will take other signals - vehicle speed, RPM, etc. and send the information on a CAN bus. Can't remember where I saw it or why I was looking though. ::)

It probably wouldn't be that hard to build something. Plenty of little microcontrollers have built-in CAN interfaces these days and the head unit would probably only be a "consumer" of CAN packets, so you probably wouldn't have to talk to it interactively, just simulate a subset of the packets that would be spat out by the rest of the car.

Hmm. another project to add to the pile. ::)

Kevin
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.