Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: F1 Spoiler.  (Read 14147 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: F1 Spoiler.
« Reply #15 on: 15 November 2020, 19:44:48 »

Apparently she is in his bubble !  ::)
And he's in hers  ;D ;D

Angela Cullen his personal trainer

When you can afford a personal trainer you can't be short of a few bob. I believe STMO employs a personal trainer.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 29 November 2020, 15:18:43 »

Anyone watching todays race ? :o
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 29 November 2020, 18:07:33 »

I have been for the last fours hours. Five years ago we would undoubtedly be talking about a dead F1 driver. Very lucky man indeed.  :o
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 29 November 2020, 21:24:10 »

I read online that the impact was 53g !  If thats true I cant understand how he didnt black out. If he had have done he would have died.

Theres a video in the link below of him chatting cheerfully from his hospital bed.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/55122594
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 29 November 2020, 21:57:46 »

I read online that the impact was 53g !  If thats true I cant understand how he didnt black out. If he had have done he would have died.

Theres a video in the link below of him chatting cheerfully from his hospital bed.
Just seen it for the first time on channel 4, that Armco barrier was a mess.
Diesel till I die

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 29 November 2020, 22:03:12 »

Bordering on the miraculous that he survived it tbh.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 29 November 2020, 22:42:44 »

53g! Don’t know about that...  here’s 46.2.....

https://youtu.be/3NpvzQbz638
Laying a rubber road.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 29 November 2020, 22:44:14 »

Laying a rubber road.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 29 November 2020, 22:56:25 »

Great race. Don’t like the circuit  though. Next weeks will be interesting.

Some great drives and some poor drives.

Grosjean is one lucky man.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 30 November 2020, 07:45:05 »

53g! Don’t know about that...  here’s 46.2.....

https://youtu.be/3NpvzQbz638

140ish to 0 in about 3 feet.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 30 November 2020, 08:30:34 »

Attended a rather superb (internally run) automotive structures course on Friday, they stated that 60G is a magic number, above this brain bleeds and heart detachment (where it tears its self from the main artery from which it is hung) tend to occur.

Very lucky, but also a bloody idiot for driving like a tosser and chopping across like that in the first place.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 30 November 2020, 11:12:26 »

He's always been a loose cannon, other drivers have been complaining on and off for a good while.
Diesel till I die

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 30 November 2020, 11:41:28 »

I agree. His F1 career is due to finish in two races time and its overdue tbh. He seems like a nice guy and reasonably intelligent out of the car, and can be very quick on occasions.
During races though, its almost like he loses concentration and makes a lot of dangerous mistakes of the kind that should have been ironed out long before he got near an F1 car.
Although I was really shocked by what I saw watching it live on TV. I wasnt shocked to hear that it was him who had the crash.
I think for his own sake (and his wife and kids) he should hang up his helmet, rather than go to Indycar, as he is planning to do.
Im thankful for the fact that TV directors are sensitive enough to cut to a different camera nowadays when something like this happens.
Im old enough to remember when they would keep the camera on a car with someone dying inside it
I well remember Ricardo Paletti burning to death at the start of the Canadian Grand Prix in 1982, on live tv, with cameras also pointing at his hysterical distraught mother a few yards away in the pitlane.
Gilles Villeneuves horrific fatal crash was shown over and over again on the news, including slowmo footage, and then his lifeless body lying against the crash barriers, after the Belgian fans had stolen his socks and racing boots for souvenirs.
It was horrifically crass and insensitive.
The memory of the footage of David Purley trying desperately to save Roger Williamson still turns my blood cold all these years later.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 30 November 2020, 12:06:21 »

I agree. His F1 career is due to finish in two races time and its overdue tbh. He seems like a nice guy and reasonably intelligent out of the car, and can be very quick on occasions.
During races though, its almost like he loses concentration and makes a lot of dangerous mistakes of the kind that should have been ironed out long before he got near an F1 car.
Although I was really shocked by what I saw watching it live on TV. I wasnt shocked to hear that it was him who had the crash.
I think for his own sake (and his wife and kids) he should hang up his helmet, rather than go to Indycar, as he is planning to do.
Im thankful for the fact that TV directors are sensitive enough to cut to a different camera nowadays when something like this happens.
Im old enough to remember when they would keep the camera on a car with someone dying inside it
I well remember Ricardo Paletti burning to death at the start of the Canadian Grand Prix in 1982, on live tv, with cameras also pointing at his hysterical distraught mother a few yards away in the pitlane.
Gilles Villeneuves horrific fatal crash was shown over and over again on the news, including slowmo footage, and then his lifeless body lying against the crash barriers, after the Belgian fans had stolen his socks and racing boots for souvenirs.
It was horrifically crass and insensitive.
The memory of the footage of David Purley trying desperately to save Roger Williamson still turns my blood cold all these years later.

They kept the camera's on Senna too,I remember that like it was yesterday,grim weekend all round with Ratzenberger as well :'(
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 30 November 2020, 13:01:10 »

They did, although at a more discreet distance than previously iirc. Then the medics put a screen around the scene - again only from memory.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.