Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Vacuum hoses  (Read 18645 times)

Peti

• 1994, V6, 2,5 l, aircon
    • View Profile
Re: Vacuum hoses
« Reply #15 on: 06 November 2011, 15:26:44 »

Peti

I think this is the diagram you should be following but it doesn't show the fuel regulator.

The fuel regulator has a pipe that goes to the throttle body and doesn't connect to the other vacuum pipes.

.............diagram above...........

Well
 - it does not show the fuel reg
 - nor the idle control
 - I don't find any vac connection hole on my throttle
....so that's why I'm asking that much  :P

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 06 November 2011, 16:19:54 »

No vacuum pipes go to the idle control valve :-\

I cannot find a picture of an early throttle body but in this picture the fuel regulator connects to the small pipe in the centre of the photo.

On some cars the fuel regulator pipe is clipped on the cable tray (making a total of 3 pipes). On the cars I have owned it has been clipped to the fuel rail under the plenum.

"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 06 November 2011, 16:24:19 »

Oops, I cannot edit my previous post  :(

I don't have an early car to go and check but I do recall that a small hose was connected to the larger rubber pipe that the idle control valve connects to. I think this is probably the pipe that should run round to connect to the fuel regulator.

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 06 November 2011, 16:38:55 »

Don't know if this picture helps at all.

There is a pipe that connects just in front of the IAC which then dives down and goes back to the fuel regulator.

Johnny English

• Omega Baron
  • Hungary
  • English antitalent
    • 1995. 2.5 V6 LPG manual
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07 November 2011, 06:26:24 »

Peti

I think this is the diagram you should be following but it doesn't show the fuel regulator.

The fuel regulator has a pipe that goes to the throttle body and doesn't connect to the other vacuum pipes.

Heya Mate,

this the correct diagram is. I made some pic at evening (low quality) I guess they don't need to be attached though. Your questioned vac hoses go to SAI valve and Multiram. Good luck!
C20NE - X25XE

Johnny English

• Omega Baron
  • Hungary
  • English antitalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 07 November 2011, 06:49:49 »

All solenoid and switchover valve inputs/outputs are OCCUPIED !

Originally, it went to the switchover valve that can be seen in front of the double intake ducts on the above photo.....but I think it was just a mistake of a former owner.
Longer vac pipe comes to here almost but down and other side of Mram .
C20NE - X25XE

Johnny English

• Omega Baron
  • Hungary
  • English antitalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 07 November 2011, 06:58:54 »

If there is empty vac pipe connection point anywhere close it/them screwing into a bolt (as I've seen at mine) to avoid false sucking . :y :y :y
C20NE - X25XE

Peti

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 07 November 2011, 11:30:01 »

O.K. guys, it seems there are too many versions of these engines, so let's begin at the beginning :

MINE looks like this :
(see text highlighted in green)

So I have 2(!!!) hoses with no place to plug !

I guess I' need 2 more T-pieces.....but I'm still confused about which one goes to where and why and how and when   :P

It is also possible that they were originally connected to EACH OTHER, i.e.   the one that is cut at the back      might as well be the beginning of   the one that goes from the T-piece to the front.

Still, the question remains :
 - WHERE to plug the front end of it ?
...and ....
 - Is the T-piece at the fuel press reg placed where it should be ?

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 07 November 2011, 12:40:27 »

The problem you appear to have, is that the fuel pressure regulator reference port has been connected to the vacuum system. This is incorrect. The fuel pressure regulator needs to connect to the orange line on your diagram from the intake hose that feeds the idle control valve.

The first "No hole to connect!" by the rear cut off valve then connects to the T piece attached to the valve.

The other "No hole to connect!" round the front (blue line from that same T piece) connects to the other cutoff valve at the front multiram which will have been vacated by correctly connecting the fuel pressure regulator.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Peti

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 07 November 2011, 13:41:06 »

THAT'S THE ANSWER I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR !

Now it all seems just logical  :

- Brake servo feeds rear vac box....that forwards air to heater matrix and two solenoids : rear and front....so that both of them can operate their own cut off valves (using two T-pieces)

- Fuel press reg is operated by the "orange" tube
(originally, mine went to the FRONT.....but it should've gone BACKWARDS!!!).

All of them are at home now !

Thanks Kevin.....well....just go to a pub and drink an expensive bottle of beer...you deserve it !  :D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 07 November 2011, 14:07:32 »

THAT'S THE ANSWER I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR !

Now it all seems just logical  :

- Brake servo feeds rear vac box....that forwards air to heater matrix and two solenoids : rear and front....so that both of them can operate their own cut off valves (using two T-pieces)
Yep, that's it. :y
- Fuel press reg is operated by the "orange" tube
(originally, mine went to the FRONT.....but it should've gone BACKWARDS!!!).
Yes. The fuel pressure regulator just uses atmospheric pressure as its' reference so it's not connected to a vacuum supply as it is in some cars. The only reason it's connected at all is probably to avoid fuel leaking everywhere if the diaphragm in the valve ever punctured.
In fact, having it connected to the vacuum supply will have considerably reduced your fuel pressure, so you might find it runs better now.
Thanks Kevin.....well....just go to a pub and drink an expensive bottle of beer...you deserve it !  :D
Oh, erm.. Well, it's not like me to indulge :-[... er.. OK. If you're going to twist my arm, I will. :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Peti

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 10 November 2011, 08:42:55 »

I'd advise moderators to DELETE questions/answers/diagrams/photos which show an incorrect layout and keep this last one only, which shows the final solution.
Other people may find this topic helpful, but they may be lost between these WRONG diagrams and my silly questions  :P

Eyal2002

• Israel
    • 2002 Opel Omega 2.6L
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 30 August 2021, 00:11:11 »

Hi All,
New to posting in the forum, but... been reading for years...
Turns out all the posted vacuum diagrams are not accurate for 2.6L (No IAS, EGR...), and as I struggled with my 2002 2.6L Omega I decided to try and share an easy to read and CORRECT diagram for the vacuum lines:

Will be happy to share more of the experience fixing my vacuum setup.

Eyal
« Last Edit: 30 August 2021, 00:12:50 by Eyal2002 »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 30 August 2021, 21:11:05 »

The double T on the non return valve is the wrong one for the 2.6/3.2.

It should only have a single T.  ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Eyal2002

• Israel
    • 2002 Opel Omega 2.6L
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 30 August 2021, 23:55:57 »

Oh? can you please elaborate? can you please offer a drawing?
My latest mechanic did not know how to even approach the multiram and the vacuum, not to mention both solenoid were broken. I read hundreds of posts in OOF only to realize all are describing a non 2.6 engine. The only drawing I found with two vacuum reservoirs did not fully match my engine (IAS, FPR...), so I deduced and then sat on photoshop, then fixed the solenoid, bought new vacuum lines, and searched many pet shops tull I found descent check valves for the reservoirs.
I will be more than happy to see what I drew or did wrong, also im PM.
BTW I have an issue with the front multiram. You see, unlike the Vauxhall College info, the rear multiram does NOT open at idle/low, it only opens above 4100 RPM on my engine, and that works fine (superb change in perfomance  8)  ), but the front will NOT actuate no matter RPM, WOT etc., so other than the layout input I also ask of you to please consider these facts and give me your opinion:
1. When given 12V directly, the front solenoid works.
2. Front solenoid moves the multiram (no vacuum issue).
3. Solenoid has power and 1.6 ohms resistance to same positive lead in the rear solenoid plug (so no loss of power).
4. When using the front plug's power, and adding ground from the battery, the solenoid works.
5. Solenoid has same 40 Ohms as rear solenoid.
6. As for possible bad ground in solenoid cable, and to cover plug "not sitting well", when I disconnent the plug I get the "wrench" icon in the dash immediately, so the negative wire is connected well.
7. Only "advanced" non-tech2 computer I borrowed has the option to activate multirams but it doesn't, even on the rear multiram no response with that device, and sorry no tech2 access for me here.
8. I have a parts Omega, same model and all, but I am afraid to swap ECU for this multiram test.
So, why would the ECU refuse to command the front multiram no matter what RPM I am on?

Thank you
« Last Edit: 31 August 2021, 00:03:22 by Eyal2002 »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.