Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dreaded MoT Tomorrow  (Read 858 times)

Craig_R

• Omega Knight
  • Watford
    • View Profile
Dreaded MoT Tomorrow
« on: 13 April 2007, 11:48:19 »

Well its MoT Time for the first time with my Omega and for some reason I am not looking forward to it, Had loads of old bangers in the past that have flown through MoT's and i have never been bothered just drop off car pick it up with a new MoT but I am Dreading Mine Tomorrow.

I know the Rear Shocks need replacing as they are Weeping alittle and it will fail on those, so ill just clean them up in the morning and replace them at pay day at the end of the month.

Quick Question For the LPG buffs out there, Do you run your car on Gas For its MOT or make sure its on Petrol ?

Craig
Mod's
LPG, MV6 Dark Grey Leather, Carputer, Euro Grill, Rear Sun Blind,  Auto Dip Mirror, Cruise Control, AMP for Carputer
[To be Fitted]Reverse Sensors

Martin_1962

Re: Dreaded MoT Tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: 13 April 2007, 12:00:37 »

I left in auto switchover and made sure it was warm!

x25xe

• Hayes, Middlesex
  • Avater removed due to size
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 April 2007, 13:32:56 »

I know what you mean by dreading the test.

Hope your MOT is more successful than mine!  Good Luck.
1998 2.5 V6 Omega CDX, Leather and Electric Pack!

ClarCE

• Newbury, Berks
  • Cam Covers x 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 April 2007, 13:36:08 »

Good luck Craig  :y - at least if all doesn't go well you have an idea of what could be wrong so you'll be preped..
So Far - :: Re-Finished Elite Wheels :: Black Leather Interior :: 3.0 Cams :: Chipped (REMOVED, EBAY SHI*E) :: Facelift Skirts ::
To Do   - :: Facelift Rear Bumper, Door Mouldings :: Irsmsher Front Air Da

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #4 on: 13 April 2007, 15:14:35 »

Good Luck for tomorrow  ;)
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 April 2007, 15:30:31 »

Had the MOT on my Westfield yesterday. The last couple of years he has caught me out on something trivial that I really should have noticed - dodgy balljoint, split steering rack gaitor, etc.

I was determined he wouldn't pick up anything this year so gave the car a good going over beforehand.

"Ohh, there's loads of play in this rear suspension", he says. Stuck my head under the car and immediately noticed a loose bolt between lower wishbone and suspension upright. Damn!

Happily he's the sort of guy who'll just nip it up with a spanner and carry on...

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

MaxV6

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford UK
  • Give me 6 cylinders and i'm happy.
    • 2.2SportPremium Jag est
    • View Profile
    • Work related forums....
« Reply #6 on: 13 April 2007, 16:07:35 »

Well I got My Meega's MOT on Wednesday, Just paid the bill today.

£281.49 for labour and MOT...   and the Bits were about £200 at TC prices (which i got before hand) ....

FUKIN OUCH!

and it still bloody leaks.

If I haven't broken it yet, I soon will.
"The 4th Rule of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light.

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #7 on: 13 April 2007, 19:43:48 »

Well its MoT Time for the first time with my Omega and for some reason I am not looking forward to it, Had loads of old bangers in the past that have flown through MoT's and i have never been bothered just drop off car pick it up with a new MoT but I am Dreading Mine Tomorrow.

I know the Rear Shocks need replacing as they are Weeping alittle and it will fail on those, so ill just clean them up in the morning and replace them at pay day at the end of the month.

Quick Question For the LPG buffs out there, Do you run your car on Gas For its MOT or make sure its on Petrol ?

Craig

MOT tester should ask you wether its on petrol or lpg.....as he/she will adjust the figures for the emissions test. I usually leave mine on lpg. If they dont ask....and you can see your omega being tested...its worth a watch  ;) They usually think their machine is broken, as they get unusually low readings  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.