Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: mobile phone with free x box deals  (Read 1794 times)

infinity1

• sunny south east
    • View Profile
mobile phone with free x box deals
« on: 30 April 2007, 19:35:01 »

has anyone had one of these deals???
its time to redo my contract and after 7 years paying between £20-40 a month i have decided to get something for nothing as it were..so i have been looking at the free x box core system and premium system deals,any one got any experience of them and what phone should i choose???
sony w810i
nokia 5300
nokia 6300
etc,etc
any advice greatly recieved
mechanics? not me at all mate...

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
Re: mobile phone with free x box deals
« Reply #1 on: 30 April 2007, 19:40:40 »

in a word...avoid.

Deals offering sweetners are usually based on cashback ( which can be very hard to get)

Trust me i know - my staff deal with the aftermath of such deals all day  ::)

What network are you considoring and what features do you need in your phone ( internet / good camera) and will it be minutes / text use or a combination?

ps i am sitting here watching the sales roll in for my staff at a mobile phone network sales contact centre  ;)
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

infinity1

• sunny south east
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 April 2007, 19:51:10 »

its one i have found on the internet,no mention of cashback/redemption etc,not sure about the company..buymobilephones.net,they seem very good almost to good to be true!!!!
i do use a phone alot for work,but its mainly very quick ie 10-20 second calls,and thats all,i went through the stage of having to have the lastest nokia,sony etc,but i really want just a phone,
but i desperatley want an xbox 360 aswell....no pleasing some people is there...

Baron Von Spongebob

• Omega Baron
  • South Wales
  • Living the dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 April 2007, 19:55:41 »

After moaning about my contract with the futures bright, I ended up with an SPV M600, 2500 MINS A MONTH AND LOADS OF TXT. £35 pm.
Is the world ready for me..

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #4 on: 30 April 2007, 20:17:11 »

If your on 3 ....try phoning em up and saying you want to cancel the contract.....i did a while ago...keep saying no....as they offer you deals until they get to the one of new 12month contract.....11 months free and twelve month at £5.99.....with 100 free mins xnetwork and 100 free texts / month. i said ok to that deal  :y

infinity1

• sunny south east
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 April 2007, 20:49:45 »

im with 3 thats why im moving....they keep offering me a nokia(worth £400 pounds sir) low rental etc,etc, i told them that, the phone they gave me last year is possibly the worst phone i have ever owned and despite complaining 4 times about its switching off,resetting itself,shutting down freezing etc,i still wasnt offered an alternative,and that the redemption that they use was mearly a credit to my 3 account(well handy in month 10 of your contract to have £80 worth of downloads available!!!) which was not redemption at all.
so a move to anotherr network,using a middle man with a free gift seems the best idea,just that i dont know anyone who's had one of these 'free gifts' on a phone contract,surely someone can of?

Danny

• Omega Lord
  • Wigan, Greater Manchester
  • BLACK 1.6 BORA SHAPED JETTA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 April 2007, 20:49:57 »

I STRONGLY recommend looking through all the terms and conditions, a LOT of companies, be them little or well known, have decided to stick on these unbelievable offers, which younger people tend to fall for, where they offer a fantastic deal of a free mobile phone, the popular sort that everyone has and everyone wants, a free mp3 player, and a large amount of free texts and calls

most of my mates have gone for contracts of this type paying something like £25 per month then realising they end up paying £50+ per month after 6 months!

Danny

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30 April 2007, 20:51:01 »

im with 3 thats why im moving....they keep offering me a nokia(worth £400 pounds sir) low rental etc,etc, i told them that, the phone they gave me last year is possibly the worst phone i have ever owned and despite complaining 4 times about its switching off,resetting itself,shutting down freezing etc,i still wasnt offered an alternative,and that the redemption that they use was mearly a credit to my 3 account(well handy in month 10 of your contract to have £80 worth of downloads available!!!) which was not redemption at all.
so a move to anotherr network,using a middle man with a free gift seems the best idea,just that i dont know anyone who's had one of these 'free gifts' on a phone contract,surely someone can of?

is it a N95 they're offering? N-Series phones are extremely slow processors
« Last Edit: 30 April 2007, 20:52:25 by D4NNY »

infinity1

• sunny south east
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30 April 2007, 21:08:48 »

no its an e65(?) they keep offering me,but its a slide phone wwhich i really dont want,its ok though apparently according to mr salesman 'it can hold all tom,tom software' to which i said 'i aint using that to drive round london looking at a 2 inch screen mate',i mean thats asking for a accident..

Danny

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 30 April 2007, 21:26:43 »

yeah its a symbian series 60, like the majority of nokias made over the last 3 years, and they're not a fast running fone but do offer plenty of features, the guy was wrong about the price tho, £290 as a sim free unit

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 30 April 2007, 22:47:50 »

no its an e65(?) they keep offering me,but its a slide phone wwhich i really dont want,its ok though apparently according to mr salesman 'it can hold all tom,tom software' to which i said 'i aint using that to drive round london looking at a 2 inch screen mate',i mean thats asking for a accident..

so what do you want from 3 - drop me a pm with your number and i can have someon look at best deal for you - I am the operations manager for outbound retentions  - seriously !  :)

MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 30 April 2007, 23:02:23 »

so what do you want from 3 - drop me a pm with your number and i can have someon look at best deal for you - I am the operations manager for outbound retentions  - seriously !  :)

Trust Markie's advice Infinity - it's a genuine offer that will get you the best deal with no dodgy clause that'll end up costing you a fortune  :y
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03 May 2007, 13:42:33 »

Trust Markie's advice Infinity - it's a genuine offer that will get you the best deal with no dodgy clause that'll end up costing you a fortune  :y

cheques in the post chopsdad  :y

Seriously - i have a fantastic offer on the go right now - existing customers - so if your with "us" drop me a pm and i will see if i can do something for you  :y

Also if your considoring joining "us" come through me  :y 500 minutes, and brand new phone for lifetime £7.50  ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03 May 2007, 13:58:15 »

Also if your considoring joining "us" come through me  :y 500 minutes, and brand new phone for lifetime £7.50  ;)
Is lifetime 12m, 18m, or for as long as I wish.  I only asked as Cellnet (or whatever they are called this week) caught me out with a '50% discount for life' deal...
Grumpy old man

Danny

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03 May 2007, 14:38:55 »

any decent text message deals?

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 03 May 2007, 15:29:56 »

Is lifetime 12m, 18m, or for as long as I wish.  I only asked as Cellnet (or whatever they are called this week) caught me out with a '50% discount for life' deal...

I believe its on 18month but if you want to continue after the 18month then it continues untill YOU Change. Do note you would get regular phone upgrades.  :y

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 03 May 2007, 15:32:24 »

any decent text message deals?

Danny

yup - an example below

http://www.three.co.uk/personal/price_plans_/pay_monthly_/plan_detail.omp?cid=1124817780001

I can cut this price by a further £7.50 for life.... :o so £7.50 per month via direct debit

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03 May 2007, 16:07:46 »

Can you get any good deals on 12m contract with plenty of free mins & text? I was thinking of going onto T-mobile flext 35 which gives £120 worth of credit to use on calls & texts every month (20p/min & 10p/text so 600 mins or 1200 text or any combination). It's £35/mo with the obligatory free phone which I'll be selling to offset some of the line rental as I have a brand new sim-free phone (Nokia E65 funnily enough - it's a great phone, seems far more responsive than the N73 it's replacing even though they're same OS and same processor AFAIK).

Basically I don't need a "free" phone but since there don't seem to be any deals where you're not effectively paying for one anyway I'll just take it and sell it, the better ones will get up to £150 on flea bay even locked, which is over 4 months worth of line rental.

PS I will never take an 18 month contract, if they ever stop doing 12 month contracts I'll be going onto pre-pay and using VOIP at every possible opportunity to avoid the extortionate call costs of pre-pay!

Cheers
Paul.

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03 May 2007, 16:09:28 »

That reminds me, I need to phone up 3 to get a refund on my last contract, somehow I ended up overpaying by £17 via direct debit, even though they told me the final bill would have to be settled by cheque!
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.