Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ronnie project 2007/2 update 3  (Read 1819 times)

Ronald_McBurger

Ronnie project 2007/2 update 3
« on: 01 May 2007, 16:23:44 »

Mini update today. I just spent a whole 3 minutes removing 12 hydraulic tappets. I tell you what, considering the hammering they quite literally take, they aren't half light! On first VERY quick inspection, they look superb condition. Just want a good clean out with something before re-priming and back they jolly well go.

Another day and I will do the other two cams and those 12 tappets. Then, it is all go for re-assembly.

Cambelt kit waiting for me to collect. Typical Reg Vardys, no water pumps in stock so I collect it all tomorrow.

Should have this car on the road by the weekend.
« Last Edit: 01 May 2007, 16:24:22 by Ronald_McBurger »

Bo Bo

• Omega Baron
  • Coventry
  • Here's another nice mess you've gotten me into!
    • View Profile
Re: Ronnie project 2007/2 update 3
« Reply #1 on: 02 May 2007, 10:08:27 »

I wish I could do half the things you're doing (with the car  ::)).

Err, well any of them really  :-?
« Last Edit: 02 May 2007, 10:18:56 by paulmccristall »
Where would we be without rhetorical questions?!

Ronald_McBurger

« Reply #2 on: 02 May 2007, 10:42:43 »

So do I!!!!!

Today, picking up new cambelt kit and water pump. Fit those on tomorrow I suppose if I get a break during the day. Then, back in with all the tappets, back on with the cams, on with the pulleys, on with the water pump, back with the timing belt and set that all up. Then putting it all back together.

I have a replacement plenum to aid speedy recovery (thanks laidback). Should be running by Sunday again. Then I will start on the LPG system properly.

If that all goes well, it will be taxed next week for a good test run. Then refurb those alloys, fit new check strap. Service CD player, fix two chips in windscreen and a new MoT. After all that is done I suppose I will have to sell it then. :(

Never mind. Its only here to make a profit - nothing else.

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
  • Drives better than an Omega
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 May 2007, 11:28:22 »

Never mind. Its only here to make a profit - nothing else.

....................and there's me thinking you only did it for the love of Omega's!! ::)  :D
I HAVE THE BODY OF AN 18 YEAR OLD.......I KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE!

ians

• Omega Baron
  • Reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 May 2007, 12:08:03 »

..I'm a bit late to this.  Wasn't this supposed to need head gaskets doing? Did that turn out not to be the case?

and thanks for the commentary and pics - really very interesting.  When's the DVD coming out..? ;D

Ronald_McBurger

« Reply #5 on: 02 May 2007, 14:58:04 »

Nothing wrong with the head gaskets. Never was. I knew that all along as did a couple of other carftys on here.

DVD not ready yet! ;D

Have now taxed it for 6 months and have now got cambelt kit and water pump, so Full steam ahead (so to speak).

Alloys are a bit of an annoyance. can't find anyone around here to refurbish them at a reasonable price, so they stay like that or I may fit the set I just bought from a breaker friend. They are off a Facelift CD, but they might just do.

Also got hold of a replacement centre arm rest from the same car. Handy finding a facelift in my local breakers huh? Pity it isn't the same colour otherwise I would have swapped the front wing over too!
« Last Edit: 02 May 2007, 15:00:33 by Ronald_McBurger »

Craig_R

• Omega Knight
  • Watford
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 May 2007, 15:07:19 »

Ronnie what colour is the facelift in the breakers.

i need one or two bits off a facelift like a button on the dash, the traction control one or the other one what ever that is, i have 2 heated seats buttons, hazzards, boot open, alarm one and two blanks I would like one of the working buttons so i can link up my laptop so i can turn it on easrly without having to go under my drivers seat to turn it on

I need it for my small CarPuter project  :)

Craig
« Last Edit: 02 May 2007, 15:32:56 by CraigR »
Mod's
LPG, MV6 Dark Grey Leather, Carputer, Euro Grill, Rear Sun Blind,  Auto Dip Mirror, Cruise Control, AMP for Carputer
[To be Fitted]Reverse Sensors

Ronald_McBurger

« Reply #7 on: 02 May 2007, 15:39:19 »

I am going there tomorrow Craig. I will getting a LOT of bits of the facelift. Supply and demand market as you know.

Craig_R

• Omega Knight
  • Watford
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02 May 2007, 16:06:08 »

Could you please get one of the buttons the Traction Control one if there if not the Rear window blind one, would like the traction control one more needs to be the kind of button the boot release is where you press it it makes contact and then breaks contact when released, bit like a door bell button, or computer button as thats what its going to be used for.

What ever it cost of course ill pay and for the P&P and any extra you want to make on it with in reason :)

What colour is this facelift, as i could do with a silver rear wing, but that could be left for now

Craig
Mod's
LPG, MV6 Dark Grey Leather, Carputer, Euro Grill, Rear Sun Blind,  Auto Dip Mirror, Cruise Control, AMP for Carputer

Ronald_McBurger

« Reply #9 on: 02 May 2007, 17:31:51 »

Car is green I believe. you cant unbolt the rear wings you know - they are welded on.

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02 May 2007, 17:46:09 »

If your going to replace the alloys Ronnie I will purchase the Elite ones :y
Retired

Ronald_McBurger

« Reply #11 on: 02 May 2007, 20:16:29 »

I'll give you first refusal Pete, but I am getting them refurbished somewhere eventually then I will want top dollar for them. Or you can make me a silly offer by PM beforehand. all 4 kerbed. 3 very slight, one worse - accross the face a bit but not deep.

Ronald_McBurger

« Reply #12 on: 03 May 2007, 15:30:59 »

Craig R - are these what you wanted?

The guy charged me £5 for the pair. One is a bit scratched as you can see, but they ARE different sizes. I suggest have the both.

Martin - No mirrors left! In fact very little left on the car at all really. Climate panel there if any wants it? Wood surround? Car is a 2.2 CD.

Oh..... I did manage to get the CDR2005 out for £10!!! :)
« Last Edit: 03 May 2007, 16:00:12 by Ronald_McBurger »

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03 May 2007, 15:34:17 »

All you need now is the code! ;)
The Administrator.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03 May 2007, 15:39:34 »

How much for the climate panel......fancy that as a spare...

Craig_R

• Omega Knight
  • Watford
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 03 May 2007, 15:40:07 »

Craig R - are these what you wanted?

The guy charged me £5 for the pair. One is a bit scratched as you can see, but they ARE different sizes. I suggest have the both.

Pete - No mirrors left! In fact very little left on the car at all really. Climate panel there if any wants it? Wood surround? Car is a 2.2 CD.

Oh..... I did manage to get the CDR2005 out for £10!!! :)

Nope Ronnie it was the Traction Control one or Rear window blind one i wanted But i might be able to use my blank to go on top of one of the buttons.

Thanks Mate how much would you like including Postage

LOL as soon as everyone hears there is a facelift getting broken everyone dives in for bits :)

Craig
« Last Edit: 03 May 2007, 15:42:01 by CraigR »
Mod's

Ronald_McBurger

« Reply #16 on: 03 May 2007, 15:55:26 »

I'll ask. He knows what it si worth though I suspect. At a guess, £40? I will try for you mark.

Ronald_McBurger

« Reply #17 on: 03 May 2007, 16:09:06 »

By the way. I didn't buy the CD Alloys. One was kerbed a bit. Back to square one really. If anyone is interested in those facelift alloys, they are nice all the same. He wants £80 the set. 2 tyres are ok, 2 have screws through the tread and will probably want changing. All 225 55 16s

I did however buy a set of pre-facelift ELITE alloys (16") for £60 the set. 2 with cracking good tread, 2 just cracking!!! ;D So, changed two good tyres of her CDX and we now have a nice set of ELite alloys on her car.

Also sold the old alloys of the CDX to the tyre changing bloke for £50. Quite happy with that.

Cambelt now in hand. Water pump also in hand. I will start tomorrow now. Too knackered from running around today.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03 May 2007, 16:10:51 »

If he wants that much for it I will give it a miss.....its not like they ever fail on the facelift....just wanted a spare to play with...

Ta

Martin_1962

« Reply #19 on: 03 May 2007, 16:15:17 »

Thanks for trying Finlay :y
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 18 queries.