Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Author Topic: What has P*ssed you off today?  (Read 147080 times)

Andy H and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: What has P*ssed you off today?
« Reply #1605 on: 05 April 2024, 13:55:04 »

Looks like yesterday I hit the wrong button on a well known online retailer.  I thought I was getting a pair of DJI Mini 2 batteries, but a paddling pool turned up.  Upon checking my orders, that's what I clicked.

Bugger.

It's your subconscious rejoicing in the fact that summer is coming - sit down, dangle your feet in the nice cool water, enjoy a beer, try not to break anything, the usual routine ;D

You'd think that he'd be rejoicing that something/anything actually turned up!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: 05 April 2024, 18:40:11 »

Looks like yesterday I hit the wrong button on a well known online retailer.  I thought I was getting a pair of DJI Mini 2 batteries, but a paddling pool turned up.  Upon checking my orders, that's what I clicked.

Bugger.

It's your subconscious rejoicing in the fact that summer is coming - sit down, dangle your feet in the nice cool water, enjoy a beer, try not to break anything, the usual routine ;D

I actually think his admission is an indicator of restored trust in this community, or perhaps a reflection of Royal Mail's prices these days. After all, not so long ago, it might have resulted in an influx of Speedos in the post. :-X
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

countrywoman

• worcestershire
    • skoda yeti
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: 05 April 2024, 19:53:01 »

Well I ordered some ducting hose for the Austin of the bay Wednesday afternoon and it came the next day, Erivi as well. What pissed me of was I ripped the back of my hand fitting it on the pointy end of a selftapper sticking through the bulkhead /fire wall .

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: 06 April 2024, 12:11:52 »

Bugger.

You'd think that he'd be rejoicing that something/anything actually turned up!  ;D
Speaking of which, I need to raise some cases with ebay.  Its always ebay.  Shall we take bets on the excuses? "Rushed to hospital" is my bet.
Grumpy old man

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: 07 April 2024, 16:58:54 »

A whole squadron of birds that shat all over my car pissed me off today. It was so peppered with bird poop I had to pop in to Tesco’s to buy a bucket, car mitt and water to wash it off. As I’m away from home I guess I’ll have to bite the bullet and take it to one of those scratch and go car wash places, as my attempt hasn’t dried out favourably. ::)
« Last Edit: 07 April 2024, 17:01:29 by YZ250 »
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: 07 April 2024, 17:36:57 »

A whole squadron of birds that shat all over my car pissed me off today. It was so peppered with bird poop I had to pop in to Tesco’s to buy a bucket, car mitt and water to wash it off. As I’m away from home I guess I’ll have to bite the bullet and take it to one of those scratch and go car wash places, as my attempt hasn’t dried out favourably. ::)
you had to buy WATER  :o
do you wash it with Evian or Perrier  :-\
are you in the Sahara Desert  :-\ the UK has water falling out the SKY for free
that's how my Omega is getting washed right now  :)

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: 07 April 2024, 18:28:23 »

you had to buy WATER  :o
do you wash it with Evian or Perrier  :-\
are you in the Sahara Desert  :-\ the UK has water falling out the SKY for free
that's how my Omega is getting washed right now  :)

These birds were loaded with Napalm Dave, so it required emergency measures.  ;D  I’m hoping for rain now, to wash off the absolute dogs dinner I made of it washing the poo off with just 1L of water.  ::)  The wash wipe wouldn’t touch it on the windscreen.  :-\

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: 07 April 2024, 19:42:43 »

I’m hoping for rain now,  ....

hope no more & take a drive up here  ;) ..... it's rained or pi$$ed it down here all afternoon  ???

countrywoman

• worcestershire
    • skoda yeti
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: 14 April 2024, 09:32:06 »

Windows update when I turned the lap top on this morning, 50mins before I could use it!!!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: 14 April 2024, 20:52:34 »

The idiot in the outside lane all the way from Towcester to Brakkers.  But I chose to intimidate him rather than undertake.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: 14 April 2024, 20:56:03 »

Does passing on the left if there's a clear lane between you count as undertaking, or could it be argued that it's safer than being sat up someones arse getting all pissed off about it? :-\
Onanists always think outside the box.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: 14 April 2024, 22:03:53 »

Does passing on the left if there's a clear lane between you count as undertaking, or could it be argued that it's safer than being sat up someones arse getting all pissed off about it? :-\

A43 so only two lanes.  :y  Personally, as I’m properly reformed now, I would have moved back into lane 1 and slowed down very slightly, taken a chill pill and put on some soothing music.  ::)

The old me would have waited for the gap in lane 1 and then very innocently crept up the inside for the undertake, keeping a constant lookout for any danger from the car I’m undertaking. Ah, driving is so much more relaxed now I’m reformed.  ::) :y

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: 14 April 2024, 23:07:03 »

I wouldn't dither too long, be prepared to use the verge for avoidance, and avoid pulling straight back into lane 2 to soon. And being reformed, only plant your right foot whilst actually passing.

An action may not be dangerous if you have approached it in a reasonable and considered manner and taken active steps to minimise any risks as you undertake* said action.

* Pun very much intended.
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: 15 April 2024, 10:40:22 »

Ah, driving is so much more relaxed now I’m reformed.  ::) :y
I thought they'd been muck spreading on the fields, but I think the smell might by YZ's bullshit ;D

I was reformed, as I sat behind the GLA all the way. Totally reformed. A new me.
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: 15 April 2024, 10:47:16 »

Years ago it used to be normal practice when coming up  behind someone you wanted to get past, to give a quick non aggressive flash of the headlights, and more often than not they would move out of the way to let you past.
Do that these days, and someone might just force you off the road and stab you.  :(
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.