Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows fogging up.  (Read 6973 times)

omega3000

Re: Windows fogging up.
« Reply #30 on: 26 November 2012, 18:52:59 »

I meant i removed my condenser form the front of the car "rad with hole in it"  ;) cant see why removing the plug your on about will do any harm  :-\

dbdb

• west london
  • Tramlining,Trade Club,WIM,my time racing,Linux etc
    • f/l elite 2.6 V6 manual
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 26 November 2012, 23:52:36 »

I've found that if the pollen filter gets damp, it can cause misting up.

Before I fit a new pollen filter, I always put it in the airing cupboard overnight.

Put my old one in the microwave, would have been OK for a few seconds but I got distracted.  They catch light after about a minute, well the carbon ones do.

farty_towels

• Plymouth
  • Lively up yerself...!
    • MV6 Elite 3.0 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 28 November 2012, 15:22:30 »

I've been contemplating using a dehumidifier to remove the moisture to give my climate control a fighting chance as mine is always fogged up in the morning.  :(
Of all the things I've lost in life, its my mind I miss the most...!

dbdb

• west london
  • Tramlining,Trade Club,WIM,my time racing,Linux etc
    • f/l elite 2.6 V6 manual
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 29 November 2012, 02:30:19 »

The air con is a dehumidifier, the moisture condenses on the cooling elements before it gets to the cabin and provides dry air.  With climate control the demist button puts the air con and heater on together. 

If you've already cleared the drain below the pollen filter and removed any leaves etc from the air intakes and tried the detergent on the inside of the glass, check your windscreen seals and the sunroof, maybe you have a leak.

jimac

• Newcastle upon Tyne
    • Vectra 1.9 CDTi [150] SRi
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 29 November 2012, 14:24:07 »

Although I may be pointing out the obvious, you don't carry anything wet in your car, do you? My wife was complaining about the rear window in her hatchback being badly fogged up and taking ages to clear with the rear demister turned on. It turned out she was carrying her wet umbrella in the back. Once that was removed, the problem was gone.

Even a pair of wet gloves left in a door pocket can cause your windows to steam up dramatically.

farty_towels

• Plymouth
  • Lively up yerself...!
    • MV6 Elite 3.0 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 29 November 2012, 14:38:39 »

Thats a good point, but not really, moisture probably caused by passengers breathing for which I have no solution!

jimac

• Newcastle upon Tyne
    • Vectra 1.9 CDTi [150] SRi
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 29 November 2012, 15:11:43 »

Thats a good point, but not really, moisture probably caused by passengers breathing for which I have no solution!

Well if you can stop the passengers sleeping in the car overnight it will probably stop the windows being fogged up in the morning.  :)

farty_towels

• Plymouth
  • Lively up yerself...!
    • MV6 Elite 3.0 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 29 November 2012, 16:21:39 »

Well if you can stop the passengers sleeping in the car overnight it will probably stop the windows being fogged up in the morning.  :)

tehee...!  :y

farty_towels

• Plymouth
  • Lively up yerself...!
    • MV6 Elite 3.0 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 29 November 2012, 16:24:55 »

The air con is a dehumidifier, the moisture condenses on the cooling elements before it gets to the cabin and provides dry air.  With climate control the demist button puts the air con and heater on together. 

If you've already cleared the drain below the pollen filter and removed any leaves etc from the air intakes and tried the detergent on the inside of the glass, check your windscreen seals and the sunroof, maybe you have a leak.

Please excuse my ignorance, but can I assume that the moist air that is already in the cabin is force extracted and replaced by the drier air from the air con?

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 29 November 2012, 16:30:05 »

Please excuse my ignorance, but can I assume that the moist air that is already in the cabin is force extracted and replaced by the drier air from the air con?

Not force extracted as such, but is vented out in the rear cubbyhole in the boot... so make sure that cubbyhole is not full of rags etc etc that prevent the flow of air.

A quick way of sussing if this MIGHT be adding to the problem is to crack a rear window about 1/4" open .. if the car de-mists very quickly then EITHER fresh air is not getting in (pollen filter ? Recirculating selected/stuck ?) or stale air is not being vented.

:)

omega3000

« Reply #40 on: 29 November 2012, 16:54:13 »

Not force extracted as such, but is vented out in the rear cubbyhole in the boot... so make sure that cubbyhole is not full of rags etc etc that prevent the flow of air.

A quick way of sussing if this MIGHT be adding to the problem is to crack a rear window about 1/4" open .. if the car de-mists very quickly then EITHER fresh air is not getting in (pollen filter ? Recirculating selected/stuck ?) or stale air is not being vented.

Not quite sure where this is . Any pictures of said vent ? Never seen or noticed this  :-\

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 29 November 2012, 17:16:03 »

Not quite sure where this is . Any pictures of said vent ? Never seen or noticed this  :-\

In a saloon , back right corner of the boot, by the light cluster, is a small cubby hole ..open that fully, at the bottom are the external vents. The stale air comes from the cabin down into that area, then exits the car. If that area is blocked with rags/gloves whatever and the "top section" that goes towards the rear seats, or the lower vents are blocked .. no air flow - misting up .. :)

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 29 November 2012, 17:32:25 »

Just to add to this, running three Omega's - two saloons and one estate, I have found that the estate suffers more than the saloons with this problem, which seems to tie in with the posts on this thread if everyone is talking about the car on thier profile!

omega3000

« Reply #43 on: 29 November 2012, 18:28:43 »

In a saloon , back right corner of the boot, by the light cluster, is a small cubby hole ..open that fully, at the bottom are the external vents. The stale air comes from the cabin down into that area, then exits the car. If that area is blocked with rags/gloves whatever and the "top section" that goes towards the rear seats, or the lower vents are blocked .. no air flow - misting up .. :)

:y  I never noticed that , will check tomorrow .

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 29 November 2012, 18:35:59 »

Just to add to this, running three Omega's - two saloons and one estate, I have found that the estate suffers more than the saloons with this problem, which seems to tie in with the posts on this thread if everyone is talking about the car on thier profile!

Must admit, I think my estate is worse for it than the saloon was :-\ :-\

Mind you... I know all my refrigerant will now be floating around in space and really must replace the condenser :-X ::)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.