Chat Area > General Discussion Area

If HS2 falls through.....

(1/1)

STEMO:
......there are jobs for the planners in California  ;D

https://news.sky.com/story/california-mocked-over-billion-dollar-bridge-to-nowhere-13129715

Varche:
 ;D

TheBoy:
I doubt HS2 could build a bridge, they would talk about it for decades, then move soil around for another decade....

YZ250:

--- Quote from: TheBoy on 06 May 2024, 20:33:41 ---I doubt HS2 could build a bridge, they would talk about it for decades, then move soil around for another decade....

--- End quote ---

On a similar subject they are having to build tunnels where they don’t even need tunnels now.  ;D  You could be forgiven for thinking that the HS2 developers know what they’re at, but I don’t believe that they do.
In the Vale of Aylesbury the proposed route of HS2 through Hartwell was deemed to run too close to the Fairford Leys sports ground and play park, so HS2 tried to move it over a bit. The land on the opposite side of the proposed track would be ideal so they tried a compulsory purchase. The land concerned belongs to Hartwell House, a Grade 1 listed property. Yeh, good luck with that one.  ;D
Having failed miserably to acquire the National Trust land it was back to square one, so both the National Trust and the sports ground have insisted on a land tunnel to protect the sports ground from the train and to minimise noise disruption to Hartwell House.  ::) ;D

TheBoy:

--- Quote from: YZ250 on 07 May 2024, 17:36:21 ---
--- Quote from: TheBoy on 06 May 2024, 20:33:41 ---I doubt HS2 could build a bridge, they would talk about it for decades, then move soil around for another decade....

--- End quote ---

On a similar subject they are having to build tunnels where they don’t even need tunnels now.  ;D  You could be forgiven for thinking that the HS2 developers know what they’re at, but I don’t believe that they do.
In the Vale of Aylesbury the proposed route of HS2 through Hartwell was deemed to run too close to the Fairford Leys sports ground and play park, so HS2 tried to move it over a bit. The land on the opposite side of the proposed track would be ideal so they tried a compulsory purchase. The land concerned belongs to Hartwell House, a Grade 1 listed property. Yeh, good luck with that one.  ;D
Having failed miserably to acquire the National Trust land it was back to square one, so both the National Trust and the sports ground have insisted on a land tunnel to protect the sports ground from the train and to minimise noise disruption to Hartwell House.  ::) ;D

--- End quote ---
Surely yet another London to Birmingham line is more culturally important than some old house in Stone ;D

Honestly, they are incompetent mongrels.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version