Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Yorkmeet.  (Read 7301 times)

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
  • this is some MOT advisory list!.
    • View Profile
Re: Yorkmeet.
« Reply #30 on: 20 September 2010, 00:16:04 »

Alf, Guy is on temp loan to the north to bring a bit of stress and pain into all who cross his path, but these conditions can be reduced by asking where exactly he was born. The birds fly there for the winter so i have been told.
The man is a legend. :D

Dont you mean leg end?, as thats what he tells the women that he`s got a foot, ;D

ffcgary1

• Omega Baron
  • Mitcham,Surrey.
  • I really must get my eyes seen to.
    • Omega Estate/ jaguar XJ6
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 20 September 2010, 14:41:49 »

Anyway, back to the thread.
Guy, am i allowed to attend this meet, mate or is it just for you good northern folk.I have a passport to get past watford gap services and fully up to date with all my jabs. Only slight drawback is that yvonne might want to see you, god knows why?. :)
Elite leather, cruise control, 3.0ltr cams, gas flowed 3.0ltr inlet manifold, 4 bar fuel pressure regulator, rear side window demisters, rear electric windows. projectors /HID'S, h/l washers.
Jaguar XJ6

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 20 September 2010, 17:18:18 »

Guy, am i allowed to attend this meet, mate or is it just for you good northern folk.I have a passport to get past watford gap services and fully up to date with all my jabs. Only slight drawback is that yvonne might want to see you, god knows why?. :)

Of course you're welcome! We love Southerners here, they taste so good medium rare! ;D ;) :y
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 20 September 2010, 19:38:44 »

Don't forget to bring your own shandy Gary, you can't get it up north ;D ;D
Retired

Amigo

• Omega Baron
  • Immingham N.E Lincs.
  • Be objective, be selective.
    • Passat & Cortina GXL
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 20 September 2010, 21:44:15 »

Ok you philistines. It says Croydon on my logbook so sth London/Surrey you decide! Yes Tim i am a legend in my own lunchtime. The only reason the wife scrapes the car is because we tell them 6 inches is a foot (white wine for the lady). Gary, Yvonne wants to see me coz big blokes give big hugs & she shares her name with my Mum so that's two of my fave girls. Pete, the ale's like dishwater up here so i stick to the voddy!!!!
   Joking aside you are all welcome whether camping or staying with local friends/family or an Alan Partridge Travel Tavern...Jaime! Still be great to see you all either way. Guy. :y
Curry makes the world go round!

Malcolm_D

• Intermediate Member
  • York
  • It shines!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 22 September 2010, 21:52:44 »

I am intrigued, what happens at a meet, is it just for the royalty - knights, barons etc..., do you have to own a caravan because she made me sell mine!  ;)

Amigo

• Omega Baron
  • Immingham N.E Lincs.
    • Passat & Cortina GXL
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 22 September 2010, 21:54:14 »

Ian called earlier & the site is not available over the 24/28th Oct. which hoped for. The next free slot is the Bonfire weekend in november!!!!!
    I'll leave it up to you!!!! Guy. ::)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 23 September 2010, 00:41:07 »

Ian called earlier & the site is not available over the 24/28th Oct. which hoped for.  ......

Bugger! How many tents & caravans do you reckon you can park on your drive & back garden?  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 23 September 2010, 03:42:39 »

Ian called earlier & the site is not available over the 24/28th Oct. which hoped for.  ......

Bugger! How many tents & caravans do you reckon you can park on your drive & back garden?  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Only other option would be to try and find another site, but I guess a lot wont allow the big tent thingy, and also wont have a pavilion to use if the weathers bad  :'(
[size=12]
LMF are utter rubbish - dont buy steering idlers from them! You've been warned![/size]

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 23 September 2010, 07:45:20 »

I am intrigued, what happens at a meet, is it just for the royalty - knights, barons etc..., do you have to own a caravan because she made me sell mine!  ;)
Everyone is made welcome Malcolm and alot of people take tents ;) In the day there's a bit of spanner twirling, chatting some people go for a day out to local tourist sites ect and at night everyone gets together for a BBQ and a few drinks ;)
Retired

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 23 September 2010, 08:19:09 »

He He He ;D That gave me a good chuckle Malcolm, bye & large they're a bloody fantastic lot here, but Royalty? :D That's stretching the imagination beyond the 'Realms' of incredulity!  ;D :y
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

Malcolm_D

• Intermediate Member
  • York
  • It shines!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 23 September 2010, 13:01:18 »

Ah so it must be 'delusions of grandeur'. Probably comes from driving around in big flash miggies! Or it may be overexposure to carb cleaner when cleaning out the breather pipes?  ;)

Amigo

• Omega Baron
  • Immingham N.E Lincs.
    • Passat & Cortina GXL
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 23 September 2010, 21:04:02 »

Let's make history? The first ever OOF bonfire weekend meet. Those of us with caravans don't care about the cold but the pavilion is free to sleep indoors or you can have leccy hook up in your tent (if you have the right adapters) Maybe we could bring some suitable explosives & stage the first OOF firework meet, why not? The rest of the country will be although we'll have to clear the debris up in the morning.
   To sum up the bonfire weekend is the only one free for us to book. There will be a gazebo & background music (not a rave) during the evening.

I'm up for going even in November. I know Ian is & Stuy could'nt keep away. I don't know how to start a list so if anyone reading this can please do so even if not attending & set it off with Amigo, caravan & hook up. Guy.

Malcolm_D

• Intermediate Member
  • York
  • It shines!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 23 September 2010, 22:41:06 »

I would be interested in joining you for a bit of chat and a lemonade or two. As I live in York I would most likely retire to the comfort of my home for the night! I cannot guarantee that I will bring company as she thinks that I am need of remedial therapy anyway due to my infatuation with miggies and the OOF. Always happy to do a bit a spanner twirling!  ;)

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
  • this is some MOT advisory list!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 23 September 2010, 22:46:52 »

Thats o,k Malcolm, we`ll all come back with you to give you moral support & let your mrs see what a bunch of misfits nice bunch we are. ;D ;D ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 21 queries.