Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Big day tomorrow.  (Read 5478 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Big day tomorrow.
« on: 28 March 2017, 14:19:18 »

Article 50. :)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Big day tomorrow.
« Reply #1 on: 28 March 2017, 14:50:04 »

AFT...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 March 2017, 14:53:18 »

The next few years will be interesting
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 March 2017, 14:54:18 »

Real history tends to be ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 March 2017, 14:58:27 »

I wonder if there will be an immediate effect?......or SFA

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 March 2017, 15:01:05 »

I shall be at my club tonight, raising glass in anticipation.  :)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 March 2017, 15:06:30 »

Article 50. :)

Oh, nothing to do with SIL then. Ah well.   ::)
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

STEMO

« Reply #7 on: 28 March 2017, 15:12:16 »

If she's sending the letter by Royal Mail, it will probably arrive a week on Friday or, possibly, not at all.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28 March 2017, 15:39:34 »

AFT...

Yes, I agree,........about 'flipping' time. :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 28 March 2017, 15:42:27 »

If she's sending the letter by Royal Mail, it will probably arrive a week on Friday or, possibly, not at all.

She has legs like Emu of Rod Hull fame.......nothing to do with Article 50 though. :)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 28 March 2017, 15:56:42 »

AFT...

Part of me is pleased its finally underway. However a much larger part knows that this marks the start of years of interminable tedium while we, and the other countries try to work out what the hell's going on, while all while the media do their level best to completely mis-represent the situation (again!). 

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 28 March 2017, 15:58:35 »

AFT...

Part of me is pleased its finally underway. However a much larger part knows that this marks the start of years of interminable tedium while we, and the other countries try to work out what the hell's going on, while all while the media do their level best to completely mis-represent the situation (again!).

Oh, God! You mean the tedium hasn't even started yet? ;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 28 March 2017, 16:36:35 »

I know it's difficult to tell Kevin, but they did say that they wouldn't negotiate unless we actually called their bluff nailed them to the wall... That ad blocker might get a workout...

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 28 March 2017, 17:33:33 »

Whilst not my decision and had another in Law not broken her hip we would be looking at property and jobs the other side of the world now because of it! I'm quite excited by the prospect of a new start. I don't think it's going to be plain sailing but we will be a great country again ;)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 28 March 2017, 17:41:43 »

See, your coming round.  :y ;D...............when TB finally comes round,we will know that we are a great country again.  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 28 March 2017, 17:57:03 »

See, your coming round.  :y ;D...............when TB finally comes round,we will know that we are a great country again.  ;D

I'm not "coming round". I just think we need to get on with it. All this messing about is doing us no good at all!

Is it the right decision? I still don't think so. But it is the decision of the minor majority, even if a good number of those voters have freely admitted that they didn't understand or were deceived by the ridiculous claims by the leave campaign.

But the future is what it is... As a country we will pull through the hard times that are likely to come.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 28 March 2017, 18:07:10 »

There were indeed one or two ridiculous claims by a section of the Leave campaign , but imo they were not in the same league as those made by the remain campaign. A recent poll (for what they are worth), which surveyed quite a large number of people, gave a much higher figure for those who would vote to leave, if the referendum was held again.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 28 March 2017, 18:15:19 »

We'll be fine. :y

I would still vote to remain but we'll be fine.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 28 March 2017, 23:11:29 »

Right or wrong, stay or remain  etc etc

I mean just what is going to happen, some giant plug in the Easterm Atlantic gets pulled out the whole of the UK gets sucked down into a whirlpool ?

A giant Pythonesque foot appears in the sky and obliterates the whole of the British Isles ?

I've been doing business with European countries for decades. Dutch Guilders, German Marks, French Francs. Import tariffs, passports at every country border. It's not the end of the World. Get on with it.

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

aaronjb

« Reply #19 on: 29 March 2017, 07:38:00 »

According to Nick Clegg on the radio this morning, the EU is going to close it's borders to us and refuse to speak to us for the rest of time..

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 29 March 2017, 08:14:26 »

According to Nick Clegg on the radio this morning, the EU is going to close it's borders to us and refuse to speak to us for the rest of time..

It amazes me that this kind of hyperbole hasn't warn thin with him yet, it didn't work in the referendum and its certainly not going to do anything now!

The other thing which confuses me slightly is the idea that going onto WTO tariffs will be the end of all humanity and trading as we know it. As with all such things they seem very complex to work out but seemed to be in the region of about 3-5% on most product classes. The way some people were going on, you'd think it was 20% plus.  ::)

Don't get me wrong, I would still prefer that we went down a different path, but the fact that STILL neither side can be straight with us is getting rather wearing.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 29 March 2017, 09:29:47 »

Well the sun came up today.  ::) 

Sort of!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 29 March 2017, 09:39:51 »

I just wish someone would get me a copy of the dictionary the Press and Politicians are using .. as my understanding of the English Language is obviously wrong ...

I "thought" that we are about to start "negotiations" on leaving, now to me "negotiations" are discussions, compromises, movement on issues by BOTH sides, and a defined target of reaching an agreement satisfactory to all sides.....

The present definition by the tabloids and that idiot Corbyn seems to be you make a set of demands and the EU capitulate instantly or ... (actually .. or what  ??  as they've not said ??? )

Others demand to "know" the "government position" ... just how does that fit the definition of "negotiation", it might be the minimum acceptable but you have instantly handed the "other side" the winning position as all they have to do is say "No" to anything better ...  :(

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 29 March 2017, 09:48:33 »

Nick who? :-\
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 29 March 2017, 09:50:14 »

I just wish someone would get me a copy of the dictionary the Press and Politicians are using .. as my understanding of the English Language is obviously wrong ...

I "thought" that we are about to start "negotiations" on leaving, now to me "negotiations" are discussions, compromises, movement on issues by BOTH sides, and a defined target of reaching an agreement satisfactory to all sides.....

The present definition by the tabloids and that idiot Corbyn seems to be you make a set of demands and the EU capitulate instantly or ... (actually .. or what  ??  as they've not said ??? )

Others demand to "know" the "government position" ... just how does that fit the definition of "negotiation", it might be the minimum acceptable but you have instantly handed the "other side" the winning position as all they have to do is say "No" to anything better ...  :(

I think Corbyn is still on the trade union definition of "negotiation". ::)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 29 March 2017, 09:56:23 »

Nick who? :-\

I believe he held the title of Substitute Pig's Head, under the last Tory administration. The job description basically involved saying very little while getting regularly and publicly screwed. 

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 29 March 2017, 10:00:04 »

;D
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 29 March 2017, 10:17:50 »

Yes, yet nobody is demanding that the EU sets out it's position in the negotiations or that their beloved EU take the moral high ground and guarantee British citizens living in EU countries their right to stay post BREXIT.  ::)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 29 March 2017, 10:26:09 »

Yes, yet nobody is demanding that the EU sets out it's position in the negotiations or that their beloved EU take the moral high ground and guarantee British citizens living in EU countries their right to stay post BREXIT.  ::)

Indeed. :y

Does the EU even have a negotiating position? I'm not sure how a collection of 27 ministers can have a sensible negotiation when every time one of them says "NON" it's back to square one. ::)

I suspect we're in for a long and tedious 2 years.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 29 March 2017, 10:50:06 »

I suspect that after a long and tedious couple of years a deal of sorts will be hammered out only to be rejected by the European Parliament, as MEP's will try to retain some sort of regularity control over the UK.  :-\

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 29 March 2017, 10:57:31 »

I suspect that after a long and tedious couple of years a deal of sorts will be hammered out only to be rejected by the European Parliament, as MEP's will try to retain some sort of regularity control over the UK.  :-\
Which in two years time we can ignore... by which time, the individual countries worth trading with should know which side their bread is buttered ::)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 29 March 2017, 11:39:49 »

Indeed. :y

Does the EU even have a negotiating position? I'm not sure how a collection of 27 ministers can have a sensible negotiation when every time one of them says "NON" it's back to square one. ::)

I suspect we're in for a long and tedious 2 years.

Getting two people to concur can be tricky. Three people harder still.

Getting twenty-seven countries to agree is going to be a big ask. The French won't make it easy for us.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 29 March 2017, 12:05:46 »

Getting twenty-seven countries to agree is going to be a big ask. The French won't make it easy for us.

I foresee the Spanish being one of the biggest stumbling blocks tbh. I don't think they have much to trade with us (could be wrong), other than wanting access to our fishing grounds which will be a non-negotiable from a UK perspective. Added to that the risk that any kind of "good deal" for the UK could risk triggering the breakup of their own nation, i suspect they will be offering us the very stickiest end of the stick.

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 29 March 2017, 12:13:05 »

A little-known clause in the World Trade Organisation rules would allow the UK to have a decade-long interim free trade arrangement with the EU, allowing more time for a bespoke deal to be stuck once Britain has left.
The provision is set out in Article 24 of the WTO’s General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade,
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 29 March 2017, 13:22:37 »

I foresee the Spanish being one of the biggest stumbling blocks tbh. I don't think they have much to trade with us (could be wrong), other than wanting access to our fishing grounds which will be a non-negotiable from a UK perspective. Added to that the risk that any kind of "good deal" for the UK could risk triggering the breakup of their own nation, i suspect they will be offering us the very stickiest end of the stick.

Spain is the sixth biggest trader with Britain within the EU. Awful lot of fruit and veg and wine (biggest producer of wine in the EU surpassing France though they bulk buy Spanish wine to mix with their own and then label French). About £14 billion in total( surprisingly more than Ireland). Britain sends about £9 billion the other way.

Not sure about Spanish risk to a good deal. It is very true that Spain would veto Scotland joining the EU if independent. To do so would open the flood gates for Catalunia, maybe Pays Basque and Galicia.  Fishing will be interesting to see how it pans out post Brexit. The Spanish are voracious consumers of fish (making Brits look like vegans) and have fleets trawling most of the worlds seas industrially. British fishermen sell a lot of their catches to Spain ironically.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 29 March 2017, 13:35:31 »

A little-known clause in the World Trade Organisation rules would allow the UK to have a decade-long interim free trade arrangement with the EU, allowing more time for a bespoke deal to be stuck once Britain has left.
The provision is set out in Article 24 of the WTO’s General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade,
But wheres the 'news' in that ::)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 29 March 2017, 15:11:03 »

So what changes will there be in 2 years,
None at all, you will still be driving German cars, eating fruit and veggies from Spain, and Cheese and cheap wine from France,
It's all a load of posturing, by over paid euro-crats worried about the collapse of there little club, if Madam le Penn, gets voted into run France, they will be the next to leave the club. :)
Hoof'land storeman.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 29 March 2017, 15:12:49 »

Just in case anyone wants to see the actual letter . . . .

"The Article 50 letter - PDF

« Last Edit: 29 March 2017, 15:14:40 by Mister Rog »

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 29 March 2017, 17:05:05 »

Just in case anyone wants to see the actual letter . . . .

"The Article 50 letter - PDF
[/
 :-X
« Last Edit: 29 March 2017, 17:06:49 by biggriffin »
Hoof'land storeman.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 29 March 2017, 17:08:19 »

Historically, when negotiating, the EU postures, digs its heels in, refuses to bend until the last minute of the last day of a possible deal. Then they hammer out a deal in a long, all night session. I don't suppose its going to be any different this time.
In the meantime our airwaves will be filled with people who make a living out of talking. Talking mostly bollix, but talking nonetheless.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 29 March 2017, 17:14:22 »

Anyone else slightly perturbed by the over-use of the phrase Deep and Special   :-X

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 29 March 2017, 17:20:13 »

I wonder if it's actually genuine...

STEMO

« Reply #42 on: 29 March 2017, 17:32:04 »

Anyone else slightly perturbed by the over-use of the phrase Deep and Special   :-X
We're being groomed by the EU  :o

Drewomega

• Aviemore and Mallorca
    • SKODA Octavia Scout 2.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 29 March 2017, 18:14:30 »

Back to the beginning of this debacle!
We were lied to when we joined the EU (Common Market) in the 70's.
We were lied to when we were in the damn thing since then.
We are being lied to now and since the brexit vote.

Go figure! We will be OK, believe me.  :y :y
I'm always last in the office in the morning but I make up for it by leaving first.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 29 March 2017, 18:25:03 »

The Charge of the Light Brigade
BY ALFRED, LORD TENNYSON
I
Half a league, half a league,
Half a league onward,
All in the valley of Death
   Rode the six hundred.
“Forward, the Light Brigade!
Charge for the guns!” he said.
Into the valley of Death
   Rode the six hundred.

II
“Forward, the Light Brigade!”
Was there a man dismayed?
Not though the soldier knew
   Someone had blundered.
   Theirs not to make reply,
   Theirs not to reason why,
   Theirs but to do and die.
   Into the valley of Death
   Rode the six hundred.

Yes, another occasion of the great British stiff upper lip spirit ::) ::) :D ;)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 29 March 2017, 19:36:11 »

We will be fine and done right we will be a richer country with much stronger global trading ties to the rest of the world, like we had before traitor Heath took us into the EU. :y :y :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 29 March 2017, 19:40:53 »

We will be fine and done right we will be a richer country with much stronger global trading ties to the rest of the world, like we had before traitor Heath took us into the EU. :y :y :y

There is an elderly gentleman called Mr Heseltine who thinks differently. The old boy doesn't quite grasp what happened on 23rd June 2016.

I believe Mr Albitz is very fond of him though. :)

STEMO

« Reply #47 on: 29 March 2017, 19:44:28 »

I heard a lady in Bristol today on the news........."You never know, they might change their minds about leaving.........".
These delusional idiots are acting as if their child had died and they can't come to terms with it.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 29 March 2017, 20:32:14 »

There is an elderly gentleman called Mr Heseltine who thinks differently. The old boy doesn't quite grasp what happened on 23rd June 2016.

I believe Mr Albitz is very fond of him though. :)

Don't even get me started on that hateful traitor. Several years ago he said "the days of the nation state are over". Unfortunately, the days when he could be hung for treason for that remark are actually over - for now.  >:(

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 29 March 2017, 20:47:30 »

I doubt he has much left in him tbh...

2boxerdogs

« Reply #50 on: 29 March 2017, 20:57:40 »

Personally I couldn't give a flying f**k about any of it fed up with hearing about it, we managed before & I've no doubt we will again.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 29 March 2017, 23:06:19 »

Personally I couldn't give a flying f**k about any of it fed up with hearing about it, we managed before & I've no doubt we will again.

:y
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 17 queries.