Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: The Lights Are Going Out....  (Read 4566 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: The Lights Are Going Out....
« Reply #45 on: 06 October 2021, 15:03:54 »

I ordered my repeat prescription a few days early. When it never arrived at the chemist, I phoned the doctors to ask why. She told me, as it not due yet, it would be sent to the pharmacy in two day and reminded me not to request it too early. I said "You know us old boys, we do like to stock up". She said "Yeah.....there might be another war".  ;D
Sarky cow.

I'm medication free. Living a blameless life seems to have it's advantages. :)

Plus us young'uns have to actually pay for medicines (Ok only a tenner a pop), whereas all these geriatric ex-omega owners get theirs free.

Yep.....coffin dodgers are costing the NHS a fortune. IF I needed meds I would have to pay.

The 'Logan's Run' approach to old people may need to be considered in the near future. ::) ::)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 06 October 2021, 15:15:51 »

I ordered my repeat prescription a few days early. When it never arrived at the chemist, I phoned the doctors to ask why. She told me, as it not due yet, it would be sent to the pharmacy in two day and reminded me not to request it too early. I said "You know us old boys, we do like to stock up". She said "Yeah.....there might be another war".  ;D
Sarky cow.

Plus us young'uns have to actually pay for medicines (Ok only a tenner a pop), whereas all these geriatric ex-omega owners get theirs free.
Statins, the curse of modern day living. I offered to pay but was told not to be silly. Apparently, I have earned, yes, earned my right to free prescriptions, winter fuel payments, my state pension and even a £10 Christmas bonus paid early in December. You young'uns never had to go what we went through in the 50's and 60's, it was horrendous. You lucky bastards have no idea.  ;D
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 06 October 2021, 15:20:21 »

Sarky cow.

Statins, the curse of modern day living. I offered to pay but was told not to be silly. Apparently, I have earned, yes, earned my right to free prescriptions, winter fuel payments, my state pension and even a £10 Christmas bonus paid early in December. You young'uns never had to go what we went through in the 50's and 60's, it was horrendous. You lucky bastards have no idea.  ;D

I've just looked up statins.....

It came up with heart disease, angina, and stroke.. :-\

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 06 October 2021, 15:22:08 »

Sarky cow.

It makes a nice change from looking up skirts.
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 06 October 2021, 15:25:28 »

Sarky cow.

The next time you get sexually excited by 'a bit of shirt' or by looking up a skirt, may well be the last time...... ;D

Relax, breathe slowly and deeply, and avoid any thought of sexy young women. ;)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 06 October 2021, 15:27:59 »

Sarky cow.

The next time you get sexually excited by 'a bit of shirt' or by looking up a skirt, may well be the last time...... ;D

Relax, breathe slowly and deeply, and avoid any thought of sexy young women. ;)
I've had a good life, I'll take the chance.  ;D
Diesel till I die

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 06 October 2021, 15:34:28 »

Sarky cow.

Yep.....coffin dodgers are costing the NHS a fortune. IF I needed meds I would have to pay.

The 'Logan's Run' approach to old people may need to be considered in the near future. ::) ::)

It's not just the coffin dodgers though. Apparantly over 90% of NHS prescriptions are "free". https://pharmaceutical-journal.com/article/news/prescription-charge-overhaul-would-raise-1bn-a-year-for-nhs-says-think-tank

The cheeky barstewards at the local hospital charged be £20 for pain killers when I was discharged from A&E last time (I tweaked my back a few years ago). I though I was getting the 'good stuff' they gave me in A&E - morphine, codine or similar. But no, when I got home I was livid to discover it was for paracetamol and ibruprofen which I'd already got loads of.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 06 October 2021, 15:43:57 »

Sarky cow.

It's not just the coffin dodgers though. Apparantly over 90% of NHS prescriptions are "free". https://pharmaceutical-journal.com/article/news/prescription-charge-overhaul-would-raise-1bn-a-year-for-nhs-says-think-tank

The cheeky barstewards at the local hospital charged be £20 for pain killers when I was discharged from A&E last time (I tweaked my back a few years ago). I though I was getting the 'good stuff' they gave me in A&E - morphine, codine or similar. But no, when I got home I was livid to discover it was for paracetamol and ibruprofen which I'd already got loads of.
You can't beat that nice, warm feeling when you know your money is helping to keep poor OAP's, like me, fit and healthy. Thank you, Malcolm  :-*
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 06 October 2021, 15:46:14 »

I was sent home with tramadol after my last visit to A&E for a bad back. Free, of course.  :)
Diesel till I die

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 06 October 2021, 15:50:18 »

I was sent home with tramadol after my last visit to A&E for a bad back. Free, of course.  :)

It would be enough to make my blood boil. Trouble is I can't afford the blood pressure medicines I would then need.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 06 October 2021, 15:55:20 »

It would be enough to make my blood boil. Trouble is I can't afford the blood pressure medicines I would then need.
You can get them on the NHS... for the bargain price of £10  :)
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 06 October 2021, 15:58:39 »

There is a lot of money to be made in tablets.....

Speaking of Ibruprofen.

Lidl.....200 MG  12 pack around 30p
Boots..200 MG  12 pack around 80p   

Nurofen 200 MG 12 pack around £4.... :o :o :o :o

All with the same active ingredients.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 06 October 2021, 16:00:25 »

Speaking of Ibruprofen.

You sound like Anne Robinson, bet you look a bit like her too.  ;D
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 06 October 2021, 16:02:08 »

Speaking of Ibruprofen.

You sound like Anne Robinson, bet you look a bit like her too.  ;D

....are you suggesting I have a ginger minge? :P

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 06 October 2021, 16:03:11 »

Well....it is the internet. Stranger things have happened, Anne.  ;D
Diesel till I die
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.