Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Nat West Bank found guilty  (Read 2627 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Nat West Bank found guilty
« Reply #15 on: 09 October 2021, 08:58:21 »

In Spain it is already illegal to pay a bill over 1000 euros in cash. Shops have signs up saying cash not accepted over 1000.

All understandable but old habits die hard. Both customers and businesses still prefer cash if the job is “ cheaper”. Ironically, the pandemic has helped countries move closer to the cashless dream.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09 October 2021, 09:01:48 »

Yet if you try and arrange to withdraw a few thousand in cash to pay tradesman involved in building a garden wall you have to jump through all manner of hoops.
HMRC are trying to stop those kind of cash payments, they much prefer a method that can be traced (and taxed).

Part cash the rest in cheque or card an easy way round that.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09 October 2021, 12:25:30 »

I went to the bank to get a largish amount of cash for a potential car purchase a few months ago and it was like the Spanish Inquisition!  Why do you want it? What's it for? Can't you pay it online etc etc   ::)  Banks are slowly disappearing from the high street, so before long it will be impossible to get cash anyway.  :-X

It's all part of the Great Reset/Build Back Better bullshit.  Command and control is on it's way folks and we are meekly sliding into a 'Papers please society' under the guise of Covid and your vaccination status.  :o

Scotland and Wales have introduced the Covid Pass/Passport and I'd bet that they will will expand the use of them so you have to have one to do ordinary things like enter a supermarket.  For now they have been put on the back burner in England, but for sure they are waiting for an excuse to introduce them like a winter spike in Covid cases.  :-\

I just read a thread on Twitter (So it must be true!  :P) about life in Lithuania where having a Covid Pass has become essential to go about your daily life. Jobs require one, Supermarkets and large stores like DIY sheds require one, even some small shops ban people with out a pass, tradesmen can't visit someone's house if they don't have a pass, Doctors and Dentists won't see you unless you have one.  :-\  In France you have to have the pass to enter a supermarket, so what's happening in Lithuania isn't unique.  ;)

Conspiracy theory?  ::)  Maybe!  ;D

I'm not anti Vax BTW and have had my jabs, but if people don't want to have the jab for what ever reason it's their choice and I believe that the unvaccinated are no threat to me.  More of the threat to themselves TBH.  ::)

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09 October 2021, 12:46:03 »

I went to the bank to get a largish amount of cash for a potential car purchase a few months ago and it was like the Spanish Inquisition!  Why do you want it? What's it for? Can't you pay it online etc etc   ::)  Banks are slowly disappearing from the high street, so before long it will be impossible to get cash anyway.  :-X

It's all part of the Great Reset/Build Back Better bullshit.  Command and control is on it's way folks and we are meekly sliding into a 'Papers please society' under the guise of Covid and your vaccination status.  :o

Scotland and Wales have introduced the Covid Pass/Passport and I'd bet that they will will expand the use of them so you have to have one to do ordinary things like enter a supermarket.  For now they have been put on the back burner in England, but for sure they are waiting for an excuse to introduce them like a winter spike in Covid cases.  :-\

I just read a thread on Twitter (So it must be true!  :P) about life in Lithuania where having a Covid Pass has become essential to go about your daily life. Jobs require one, Supermarkets and large stores like DIY sheds require one, even some small shops ban people with out a pass, tradesmen can't visit someone's house if they don't have a pass, Doctors and Dentists won't see you unless you have one.  :-\  In France you have to have the pass to enter a supermarket, so what's happening in Lithuania isn't unique.  ;)

I'm not anti Vax BTW and have had my jabs, but if people don't want to have the jab for what ever reason it's their choice and I believe that the unvaccinated are no threat to me.  More of the threat to themselves TBH.  ::)
That's ok, as long as those who are unvaccinated and catch covid are made to do the 10 days isolation, without pay/benefits, unless there is a medical reason for not having it. If caught out and about, they should be fined heavily.

You never mentioned the good old US, where teachers and medical staff are about to lose their jobs if not vaccinated.

I'm going for my booster next Friday, btw  :)
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 09 October 2021, 12:52:42 »

There's a fast growing issue in the US where they're trying to federally mandate vaccinations, so a lot of employers are insisting on vaccination as a condition of employment... A lot of people, whilst not necessarily anti vax per se, don't like being told what to do on principle and are walking away from their professions... And it's not the spotty yoofs, but rather teachers/doctors/nurses etc :-\

Although it does surprise me that medical people don't see the benefit to being vaccinated.

That said, everything is being sold as an incentive... One lock down and everything will be fine. Wear a mask and everything will be fine. Get jabbed and everything will be fine.

Now nearly two years later, people glare at you for not wearing a mask in an open field and we can travel if... And there is talk again if a fourth lock down and compulsory booster jabs.

Again not anti vax, double jabbed etc, but I agree with the sentiment that something is very wrong about the whole thing  :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 09 October 2021, 13:12:56 »

That's ok, as long as those who are unvaccinated and catch covid are made to do the 10 days isolation, without pay/benefits, unless there is a medical reason for not having it. If caught out and about, they should be fined heavily.

You never mentioned the good old US, where teachers and medical staff are about to lose their jobs if not vaccinated.

I'm going for my booster next Friday, btw :)

I've been a good boy and had 2 jabs.

Not going for a booster.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 09 October 2021, 13:18:11 »

It is Orwellian. :-\

But the Ministry of truth speaks only the truth. Winston smith knew this after a visit to Room 101.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 09 October 2021, 13:19:47 »

Did he happen to mention whose truth?  ::)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 09 October 2021, 13:59:26 »

Here's the Lithuania Twitter thread I mentioned earlier.  :)

And then there's Australia....  :o

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 09 October 2021, 14:09:39 »

Australia is totally done.  :'(

I had always had Lithuania pegged as a reasonable place... It would seem that their Soviet past isn't quite as past as one might have thought.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 09 October 2021, 14:24:27 »

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/uk-brink-joining-eu-passport-scheme-sources-confirm-nhs-system/

Hmmm...  :-\

There is already "Aussweiss bitte" at Schengen border crossings so for me his is actually a good thing. It means that UK vaccinated people will be recognised within EU passport schemes rather than having to jump through hoops to travel. It's not forcing UK subjects to be vaxxed - and if you choose to not get vaxxed you are already barred from entering France, Austria and Germany AIUI.

What it should do is allow easier access for UK subjects who chose to be vaxxed to have easier access to EU countries. Hopefully it'll also keep out the 12-16 y/o sprogs who will only have had one jab by Christmas, so I can ski in peace ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 09 October 2021, 14:28:09 »

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/uk-brink-joining-eu-passport-scheme-sources-confirm-nhs-system/

Hmmm...  :-\

From the above article....

The EU Digital Covid Certificate has quickly become the biggest vaccine passport scheme in the world and covers more than 40 countries, including all 27 EU states and others as far afield as Israel and Panama.

The system is effectively a giant digital platform or "gateway" through which different countries' vaccine certificates and test results can be scanned and verified as legitimate by others quickly and easily.

THat's a big database holding a lot of information on people.  ::)   There might be a temptation to use it for other purposes.  :-X  :-\

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 09 October 2021, 14:52:47 »

Regardless of how much government ( around the world) talks about free speech and free choice, what they really like to see is 'compliance'

Some people will be more 'compliant' and easily led than others. I'm sure all government is compiling data on how compliant people are. This will prove very useful for any future war/pandemic..etc..etc.

The more fearful people are the more compliant they will be.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 09 October 2021, 15:30:35 »

Regardless of how much government ( around the world) talks about free speech and free choice, what they really like to see is 'compliance'

Some people will be more 'compliant' and easily led than others. I'm sure all government is compiling data on how compliant people are. This will prove very useful for any future war/pandemic..etc..etc.

The more fearful people are the more compliant they will be.

Yes and there are a lot of fearful people about.  ::)

We all see them wearing a mask outside with nobody about.  :)

Or wearing a mask whilst driving a car.... alone!  ;D

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 18 queries.