Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Nat West Bank found guilty  (Read 2616 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Re: Nat West Bank found guilty
« Reply #45 on: 11 October 2021, 18:38:53 »

Only people with loadsamoney would have to worry about that.

You think?  ???  Did you read the article?  :-\

The thing with digital currencies is the potential to control all aspects of our lives, from how much you spend on booze, to how many holiday's you take, to how many miles you can drive your electric car each month.  :P

I might start buying gold!  :-X
Or stop reading stupid articles  ;D
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 11 October 2021, 18:58:26 »

Read this instead

https://www.dw.com/en/latest-conspiracy-theories-repeat-old-stories/a-53603358

I love a good conspiracy theory me!  :y                                                                      ;D

The thing is though..... The digital currency thing is real.  How it might be applied is subject to speculation at this point though, so of course people's imaginations will run riot.  :)

The Covid Pass in Lithuania is real and they've just introduced them in Wales.  You think that they'll just limit the use of them to nightclubs, sporting events and other events with crowds of people?  Of course not! It's a Labour 'government'!  ::)  I bet that as people meekly comply, they'll expand the use of Covid Passes to supermarkets, B&Q etc like they did in Lithuania!  :(

Why Lithuania?  Because it's a small 'backwater' country where something like this can be trialled away from the gaze of the non compliant media.  :-X

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 11 October 2021, 19:01:00 »

Read this instead

I love a good conspiracy theory me!  :y                                                                      ;D

The thing is though..... The digital currency thing is real.  How it might be applied is subject to speculation at this point though, so of course people's imaginations will run riot.  :)

The Covid Pass in Lithuania is real and they've just introduced them in Wales.  You think that they'll just limit the use of them to nightclubs, sporting events and other events with crowds of people?  Of course not! It's a Labour 'government'!  ::)  I bet that as people meekly comply, they'll expand the use of Covid Passes to supermarkets, B&Q etc like they did in Lithuania!  :(

Why Lithuania?  Because it's a small 'backwater' country where something like this can be trialled away from the gaze of the non compliant media.  :-X
;D ;D ;D Settle down.
I'm glad Al's not online.  :o
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 11 October 2021, 19:05:48 »

Read this instead

;D ;D ;D Settle down.

Where's Rods2 when you need him eh? ???  I bet he has a few thoughts about it all and I expect it would all be Putin's doing! ;D

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 11 October 2021, 19:13:43 »

Read this instead

;D ;D ;D Settle down.

Where's Rods2 when you need him eh? ???  I bet he has a few thoughts about it all and I expect it would all be Putin's doing! ;D
The KGB finally got to him.
Or was it the Martians?  :-\
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 11 October 2021, 19:16:35 »

Quick question...

Define non compliant media ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 11 October 2021, 19:40:12 »

Quick question...

Define non compliant media ::)

Good question!  :y

Any media organisation, website or journalist that doesn't come under the umbrella of the big corporate mainstream media, who we have seen blatantly try to influence events rather than just report them.  ???

The suppression of the Hunter Biden laptop story for example.  ;)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 11 October 2021, 19:51:20 »

Oh God, the noisy twins are out of bed again  ;D
Diesel till I die

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 12 October 2021, 07:30:23 »

This money laundering crap is a pain in the arse.
My wife is waiting for her share of her parents assets, and my son (an accountant) has been helpibgbjer set up various investments and accounts.
The money will come from a traceable UK bank account, with the solicitor into a joint account, where I am tasked with distributing it to her new accounts. On attempting to open a "Marcus" account, there is a question about where the money comes from.
They ticked inheritance.
It now requires death certificate, copy of will, and a letter from.the solicitor. 
We don't have these and asking the Executor to obtain them is apparently too much stress for him. The solicitor is an arse anyway. I told him, not to deal with the firm he used, because I've had dealings with them and they were uselessly ineffective.
Going back and attempting to tick a different box is apparently not possible.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 12 October 2021, 09:45:41 »

It now requires death certificate, copy of will, and a letter from.the solicitor. 

The will and the death certificate are 'public documents' and you can download them from the relevant .gov website. There is a charge - but it's only a few quid IIRC.

Solicitors letter - hmmm. Unlikely that'll be cheap. One of the reasons to not have solicitors named as executors. The solicitor is supposed to act in the interests of the deceased's estate so you telling him to do things may not work.

The 'easy' way around it would have been to simply transfer the money into an account your wife already had open. Keep it simple, and once the money is in your wifes accounts you/she can do what she wants with it. The exception is if she is inheriting a pension pot of money. 

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 12 October 2021, 13:11:24 »

Read this instead

Despite being a yokel from 'Darzett' Tigger is more right than he is wrong. :-\

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 12 October 2021, 13:29:42 »

I can remember conversations in the past about "what would you do if you found a holdall with a million quid in used notes inside ?"
Nowadays, its hard to think of anything you could do with it, other than hand it to the boys in blue.  ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 12 October 2021, 14:17:15 »

Read this instead

I think that this sort of comment is known as a back handed compliment.  ::)  ;D

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 12 October 2021, 14:27:28 »

Read this instead

I think that this sort of comment is known as a back handed compliment.  ::)  ;D
But you'll only get it from Opti or Al. Go figure  ;D
Diesel till I die
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 21 queries.