Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

Cambelt change..

(1/3) > >>

Terbs:
Is Serek still doing Omega mechanics. Any idea of what he charges for a belt change. I have tried to contact James, but his inbox is full. :(

Migv6 le Frog Fan:
His inbox is always full.  ;D
Reminds me, I believe mine is due this year, although probably only covered about 12000 miles.
Shall I do it, or play roulette. Decisions, decisions.  ::)

Terbs:
Mine has done much less than yours !! What I don't understand, is, if there were premature breakages at an early stage, why did Vauxhall keep churning out Omega's with the same fault for year after year. Surely they must have upgraded something.

STEMO:

--- Quote from: Terbs on 14 March 2024, 18:40:20 ---Mine has done much less than yours !! What I don't understand, is, if there were premature breakages at an early stage, why did Vauxhall keep churning out Omega's with the same fault for year after year. Surely they must have upgraded something.

--- End quote ---
The price  ;D

Doctor Gollum:

--- Quote from: Terbs on 14 March 2024, 18:40:20 ---Mine has done much less than yours !! What I don't understand, is, if there were premature breakages at an early stage, why did Vauxhall keep churning out Omega's with the same fault for year after year. Surely they must have upgraded something.

--- End quote ---
The fault wasn't with the parts it was with the servicing schedule and dealer greed.

Basically the belt is good for the original 80,000 mile schedule... As long as the pullies were replaced at the same time.

Problem is dealers were charging for the full kit but only fitting the belts. The obvious result being that the pullies failed soon after. Much like VW and their water pumps.

To avoid further issues GM simply halved the interval and insisted that the pullies were changed at the same time. It was more of an issue for the Vectra B due to the sheer number of fleet cars around but it.tarnished the engine somewhat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version