Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lambdas on V6  (Read 558 times)

wanguttiz

• Kaunas, Lithuania
    • View Profile
Lambdas on V6
« on: 28 September 2010, 09:15:57 »

Hi, could anyone tell where exactly are oxygen sensors ground connections on a V6? After removing both pipes i have error codes 13 and 89, which mean that both sensors have open circuit. As both sensors are connected, i presume that i could broke the ground coonection. So, where is it, or maybe any other thoughts? Thanks.

P.S. When reading lambda values with "My Naff Code Reader", it shows ~0,42-0,47V for both. So i guess that's ECU's generated medium values to work without lambdas?

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Lambdas on V6
« Reply #1 on: 28 September 2010, 10:40:09 »

I believe they are 3 wire sensors on those, meaning they ground through the exhausts.

The live data shows what is on the input to the ECU. Are these the only trouble codes you have?

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 September 2010, 10:51:30 »

Have you conencted the right ones up and not mixed the banks up?

wanguttiz

• Kaunas, Lithuania
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 September 2010, 10:51:53 »

I also had low voltage for all injectors, but these were not active and i believe they are left from previous LPG installation. There is two wires going to each sensor, but ECU only gets one from each. So where do the other two wires go? Me still thinks it's a wiring problem, because it happened after removing the pipes at the same time. I also tried to switch the plugs on the sensors, but still got the same.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 September 2010, 11:15:39 »

There should be 3 wires to each Lambda sensor. +12v from the fuel pump relay for the heaters, ground connection for the heaters and the signal to the ECU.

Were the Lambda sensor signals connected to the LPG setup? Perhaps something has gone wrong here when it was removed.

As you are getting approx. 0.5 v from both sensors I would say that looks like a valid signal but the ECU is not going closed loop for some reason.

Is the engine reaching normal running temperature and is the coolant temperature correctly reported in live data?

As said, are the lambdas connected correctly and not crossed between banks?

What reading are you getting from the MAF in the live data when it's idling hot?

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

wanguttiz

• Kaunas, Lithuania
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 September 2010, 12:48:59 »

I believe those in my Mig are without heaters. Not sure about their past connection to LPG, but there were no errors when the car was on LPG and when errors appeared LPG was still installed, so i would reject that it's LPG's fault. I've read somewhere that when ECU doesn't receive lamdas signals, it takes a medium value. So i think these 0.45V is that value, and it doesn't change much when reving.
I've just connected "My Naff Code Reader" and the values are:
Coolant : 90C
Ambient air: 14.5C
Intake air: 27C
MAF: 10kg/h(0.7V) on idle and ~50kg/h on 3k rpm

Isn't 27C of intake air too much when it's 14.5C outside?

As i said, i've tried to cross the plugs for lambdas several times, but still got same errors.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 September 2010, 12:51:19 »

Omega Lambdas are heated.

The 0V connections for most of the sensors and actuators associated with teh ECU are via three 3 wires which are bolted to the DIS pack bracket on the rear of Bank 2 cylidner head
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.