Omega Help Area > Omega Electrical and Audio Help

Crank Sensor Failure

(1/30) > >>

Lizzie Zoom:
So today it happened.  After driving the car half the day, it suddenly would not re-start after stopping at my daughters.

Called the AA, who arrived after 20 minutes.  A very experienced older chap carried out all the usual initial checks, then connected the diagnostics box, which showed "no fault", but that quickly led him to identify that the crank sensor was not telling the engine it was turning, confirmed by the fact that even when turning the engine the rev counter did not move.

The only sensor he had was for a Corsa, and of course it was now the evening with the main dealer shut!

So I am about to order a new crank sensor, but I have read in another post - https://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=148352.0
 - that you have to be very careful to get the right replacement.  I have noted the part number suggested in the thread for my 3.2, but am I right in thinking that if I give my friendly parts manager the chassis number and engine number I should get the right part? ??? ??? ???

I note the option to take the part number off the old sensor, but I do not want to get under the car more than twice ::) ;D ;D ;D

TheBoy:
EPC is frequently wrong, so don't trust your dealer.  As you have researched, you need to go in with the PN.

You could check your connector, which will identify it.  Most V6's actually take the cheaper sensor, but not all.

Nick W:

--- Quote from: TheBoy on 23 June 2021, 20:38:28 ---EPC is frequently wrong, so don't trust your dealer.  As you have researched, you need to go in with the PN.

You could check your connector, which will identify it.  Most V6's actually take the cheaper sensor, but not all.

--- End quote ---

You could use your phone to take a photo of the sensor and/or the connector without dismantling anything, or struggling to get under the car. Take enough photos until you can definitively identify the part you need.

Lizzie Zoom:
Thanks TB and Nick.  Will take on board your suggestions :y :y

The only question Nick is the sensor is next to the oil filter housing? ???

Nick W:

--- Quote from: Lizzie Zoom on 23 June 2021, 21:21:58 ---Thanks TB and Nick.  Will take on board your suggestions :y :y

The only question Nick is the sensor is next to the oil filter housing? ???

--- End quote ---

It's just above the filter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version