Omega Help Area > Omega Electrical and Audio Help

Solar sensor low output

(1/3) > >>

grifter:
Just had my AC fully vac'd and refilled after replacing the condensor, today noticed it's not working, the compressor not kicking on when you turn off eco. Checked pressure looks fine, comp still able to turn ok. Put "My Naff Code Reader" on it and got low solar sensor output left and right.

Would that be why it is not working? Cleared codes wondering if that might give me a clue but still no chilled air.

Thanks

G

Doctor Gollum:
That's the sensor on the dash.

You can bridge relay 60 pins 30 and 87 for testing purposes but only do this with the engine running. This will allow you to confirm that the clutch engages and that the system fundamentally works.  ;)

grifter:

--- Quote from: Doctor Gollum on 27 June 2021, 14:34:19 ---That's the sensor on the dash.

You can bridge relay 60 pins 30 and 87 for testing purposes but only do this with the engine running. This will allow you to confirm that the clutch engages and that the system fundamentally works.  ;)

--- End quote ---

Cheers DG, will check it  :y

TheBoy:
It won't stop the compressor kicking in. And if historic codes, that's not unusual.

The sensor is just used to more accurately maintain the cabin temp.

Is the outside temp sensor working reasonably accurately?  Is the ECC asking for the compressor?

grifter:

--- Quote from: TheBoy on 27 June 2021, 15:52:56 ---It won't stop the compressor kicking in. And if historic codes, that's not unusual.

The sensor is just used to more accurately maintain the cabin temp.

Is the outside temp sensor working reasonably accurately?  Is the ECC asking for the compressor?

--- End quote ---

Replaced the outside temp sensor not that long ago, reading about 18 oC for today, which is about right.

How do I check if the EEC (?) is asking for the compressor?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version