Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 2982861 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #24495 on: 01 December 2022, 19:46:33 »

Oh, also gained an orange light on the dash, grrrr ;D

When the wheels stop spinning the light should go out.  ;)  ……… or is that a yellow light, it’s been so long I’ve forgotten.  :-\
It's the blue light you need to worry about.
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24496 on: 01 December 2022, 21:10:06 »

Fired up Pierre and reversed it out through the gates onto the drive, ready to call the scrapman to come and collect it.
Then decided to have one last look at the oil leak, leaving aside all previous thinking on the matter, and I had a completely new idea what the problem is
Will find out when I have time over the next few days if Im right or wrong, but it may yet be back on the road.  :D
Just shoot the damn thing already...  :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #24497 on: 01 December 2022, 21:31:07 »

🤣😂🤣🔥
Laying a rubber road.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24498 on: 01 December 2022, 23:46:16 »

Fired up Pierre and reversed it out through the gates onto the drive, ready to call the scrapman to come and collect it.
Then decided to have one last look at the oil leak, leaving aside all previous thinking on the matter, and I had a completely new idea what the problem is
Will find out when I have time over the next few days if Im right or wrong, but it may yet be back on the road.  :D

The cost of replacing it is a lot more than it was a couple of years ago. ;)
Anyhoo -This is a shortened version,  from the start of the problem it has been spraying oil from somewhere around the cam pulley, over the bulkhead, servo etc.
Obvious choice was camshaft oil seal. That didnt cure it, so new camshaft and another oil seal which still didnt cure it
Today I started it up again and adopted the attitude, it shouldnt be from the camshaft area, so where else could it be coming from ?
After looking as best I could with a torch (its pretty cramped and very oily) I had the thought, that it may well be actually leaking from the crank seal and dripping onto the cambelt. Then getting taken up higher on the belt before getting sprayed out when the belt runs over the cam pulley.
I have a crank seal in the shed, so will pull it apart one last time, fit the seal, and then test my theory.
We shall see.   :)
If it does turn out to be the crank seal I will be happy and pissed off in equal measure.
Pissed off because I should have thought of it a long time ago, but got tunnel vision and didnt stop to think harder about possible causes..  ::)
« Last Edit: 01 December 2022, 23:51:30 by Migv6 le Frog Fan »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #24499 on: 02 December 2022, 00:38:28 »

If it fails please pm me your address and I’ll gladly send you a free box of matches👍👍🤣
Laying a rubber road.

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #24500 on: 02 December 2022, 07:48:51 »

When the wheels stop spinning the light should go out.  ;)  ……… or is that a yellow light, it’s been so long I’ve forgotten.  :-\
High beam?
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24501 on: 02 December 2022, 07:55:08 »

High beam?
No.....the one out the back window. I believe he's a very naughty boy.
Diesel till I die

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #24502 on: 02 December 2022, 18:19:31 »

The cost of replacing it is a lot more than it was a couple of years ago. ;)
Anyhoo -This is a shortened version,  from the start of the problem it has been spraying oil from somewhere around the cam pulley, over the bulkhead, servo etc.
Obvious choice was camshaft oil seal. That didnt cure it, so new camshaft and another oil seal which still didnt cure it
Today I started it up again and adopted the attitude, it shouldnt be from the camshaft area, so where else could it be coming from ?
After looking as best I could with a torch (its pretty cramped and very oily) I had the thought, that it may well be actually leaking from the crank seal and dripping onto the cambelt. Then getting taken up higher on the belt before getting sprayed out when the belt runs over the cam pulley.
I have a crank seal in the shed, so will pull it apart one last time, fit the seal, and then test my theory.
We shall see.   :)
If it does turn out to be the crank seal I will be happy and pissed off in equal measure.
Pissed off because I should have thought of it a long time ago, but got tunnel vision and didnt stop to think harder about possible causes..  ::)

When you've pulled it apart previously is the timing belt always soaked in oil ?
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24503 on: 03 December 2022, 07:54:21 »

Yep, although so is everything else.  ;D
Started taking it apart yesterday and the crank pulley bolt has decided its staying where it is. My (supposedly) 400nm impact gun wont budge it and now its started rounding off the flats.
Ive ordered a new bolt, so will chop the head off the old one.
Its never straightforward.  ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24504 on: 03 December 2022, 09:54:06 »

No.....the one out the back window. I believe he's a very naughty boy.
Not the Messiah? :P
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24505 on: 03 December 2022, 09:55:23 »

Tis the airbag light come back on.  I think its a problem with a connection under one of the front seats, but its so intermittent, I can't even work out which seat could be the problem.
Grumpy old man

countrywoman

• worcestershire
    • skoda yeti
    • View Profile
« Reply #24506 on: 03 December 2022, 16:20:34 »

Stuck the sump back on the Omega engine and fitted one head, numpty factors only sent enough bolts for one head. Bugger they took some doing up, good job I have a 4ft breaker bar and correct bit. 25nm +90 +90 +90 +15 made me grunt!!

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #24507 on: 03 December 2022, 18:11:44 »

Stuck the sump back on the Omega engine and fitted one head, numpty factors only sent enough bolts for one head. Bugger they took some doing up, good job I have a 4ft breaker bar and correct bit. 25nm +90 +90 +90 +15 made me grunt!!

Wasn't CarParts4Less by any chance was it?  ???

When I did my Omegas head gaskets many years ago I bought the bolts from them at a great price and the picture clearly showed 16 bolts, but I only got 8.  ::)

I phoned them up and they insisted the listing was for 8 bolts, until I emailed the listing and then they gave in and sent another 8 bolts.  :y

Delayed me for another week though...  :(
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #24508 on: 03 December 2022, 18:41:29 »

Wasn't CarParts8Less by any chance was it?  ???

When I did my Omegas head gaskets many years ago I bought the bolts from them at a great price and the picture clearly showed 16 bolts, but I only got 8.  :

I phoned them up and they insisted the listing was for 8 bolts, until I emailed the listing and then they gave in and sent another 8 bolts.  :y

Delayed me for another week though...  :(
Changed for accuracy. ;)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24509 on: 03 December 2022, 18:43:20 »

Fitted a new near side rear damper top mount to cure annoying knock from suspension.Also cleaned up near side front brake caliper which was starting to "drag" a little bit,all good again for now :y

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.