Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: How dare you eat meat !!!  (Read 12687 times)

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
How dare you eat meat !!!
« on: 25 September 2015, 18:51:52 »

Where the heck do they find these people....
Liebours got another plonker in its midst...........

Kerry McCarthy: Opposition Food Spokeswoman Says Meat Eaters Should Be Treated Like Smokers
"I really believe that meat should be treated in exactly the same way as tobacco, with public campaigns to stop people eating it,"... McCarthy, who is a vegan, said in VivaLife magazine.

Obviously not looking for a long stay in politics ;D ;D
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Re: How dare you eat meat !!!
« Reply #1 on: 25 September 2015, 19:06:38 »

When will these people learn?Humans are carnivores they always have been they eat meat-simples.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 September 2015, 19:15:44 »

Another nail in the Labour coffin, good stuff.  :)

btc

• Intermediate Member
  • Burgess Hill
  • Medium black pussy
    • XF 2.0d r sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 September 2015, 19:45:08 »

Who votes for these people surely there must be somebody better

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 September 2015, 20:11:02 »

The new mob make weird Ed look positively normal. :o :o :o :o

Talking of which is she going to shoot weird Ed in front of his family for eating a bacon sandwich? ;D ;D ;D ;D
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 September 2015, 20:20:13 »

She can fluck right off
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

korum

• Derby
    • 2003 3.2 Irmscher MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 September 2015, 21:46:19 »

When will these people learn?Humans are carnivores they always have been they eat meat-simples.

Actually we are omnivore's (sorry to be pedantic :D ) but yes anyone who say's i can't eat a bacon sandwich and jog on.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 September 2015, 22:10:21 »

If like an elephant, you are a herbivore - which equates to vegetarian - you need to spend most of your day eating; over 16 hours in the case of the elephant. Therefore, in order for man to do more useful things than forage for food, we eat meat. It gives lots more energy for little effort in hunting/gathering. Hence, we are the superior species.
And, er, have you ever smelled a vegetarian's fart?   :o

Ron.

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26 September 2015, 00:23:33 »

If like an elephant, you are a herbivore - which equates to vegetarian - you need to spend most of your day eating; over 16 hours in the case of the elephant. Therefore, in order for man to do more useful things than forage for food, we eat meat. It gives lots more energy for little effort in hunting/gathering. Hence, we are the superior species.
And, er, have you ever smelled a vegetarian's fart?   :o

Ron.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

plym ian

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth, Devon
    • 2.0 insignia elite tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 26 September 2015, 07:38:08 »

I suppose she has a point. Its one way to tackle the so called obesity problem cause you never ever see a fat vegetarian do you :D :D :D

Also ive never seen one without pasty white skin looking like they need a good harty meal inside them ;D

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 26 September 2015, 09:38:46 »

If like an elephant, you are a herbivore - which equates to vegetarian - you need to spend most of your day eating; over 16 hours in the case of the elephant. Therefore, in order for man to do more useful things than forage for food, we eat meat.

16 hours a day eating sounds about average for me, regardless of meat content... ;)
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 26 September 2015, 11:59:21 »

Some vegetarians are fine. They just get on with their meat free lives and don't bother anyone.

However, a small proportion of vegans and vegetarians can almost drip with sanctimonious piety.

These can be a real pain in the arse.

05omegav6

« Reply #12 on: 26 September 2015, 12:39:00 »

Some vegetarians are fine. They just get on with their meat free lives and don't bother anyone.

However, a small proportion of vegans and vegetarians can almost drip with sanctimonious piety.

Prius drivers, the lot of them ::)

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 26 September 2015, 12:46:27 »

Tell me about it  ::)
When my sister was about 14 year old, she went on a school trip to a farm.
When she came home, the shit hit the fan.
That was it, special no red meat diet for daddies little girl and everybody else in the family  >:(
Next, came the no chicken demand  >:(
And when she discovered that friggin dolphins was getting caught in tuna nets then she really spat her dummy out   ::)
Luckily, I joined up soon after that so escaped the worst  of it  ;)
Took my mam and dad about 6 months to finally realise what a spoilt little manipulating shit she is was and relaxed the no meat rule in the house.

Nowadays, she preaches this, that and the other when in public BUT when she is away from prying eyes, she loves nothing more then a
Mc Donald's  ::)   

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 26 September 2015, 12:51:26 »

I love a bacon sarnie or a good fillet steak as much as the next (real) man!  :y

But.... I think that as the worlds population inevitably soars, meat eating will become a luxury for the wealthy as it is a fact that much more land is required for the production of meat than for the equivalent amount of plant based food.   ;)

The alternative is factory farmed meat but then of course there are animal welfare issues.  :-\  I bought a largish chicken in Lidl the other day for £4.  When I roasted it there was over an inch of water in the tray, so it had obviously been subjected to some sort of water soaking treatment after slaughter and I did wonder what sort of life that chicken had had.  :-\   

Tasted OK though!  :D

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 26 September 2015, 14:19:06 »

I like 'the idea' of a really juicy and succulent steak.

I've virtually given up on the perfect steak because I'm lucky if I eat one in ten that is truly'melt in the mouth' tender.  :-\

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 26 September 2015, 15:03:05 »

Yep I stand corrected Omnivores not carnivores.Sentiment remains the same though :y

kevinp58

• Omega Knight
  • kent
    • 2002 3.2 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 26 September 2015, 16:24:06 »

Yep I stand corrected Omnivores not carnivores.Sentiment remains the same though :y

Panda's are carnivores really but eat only bamboo so that's why they are dying out lets hope all the vegans go the same way  ;D

geoffr70

• Omega Baron
  • Sunderland
  • Boobies
    • F/L 3.0 Elite, 3.0 MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 26 September 2015, 19:16:50 »

Panda's are carnivores really but eat only bamboo so that's why they are dying out lets hope all the vegans go the same way  ;D
[/quote]

Why would you want all vegans to die out to? Do you know any? Do you have any awareness or understanding of veganism?

This thread promotes meat eating, and attacks vegetarians and vegans for their alleged holier than though, preaching, and judgemental attitudes and behaviour towards meat eaters, yet it seems that same attitude is the norm here, against vegetarians and vegans. That's quite contradictory and very hypocritical I'd say. It appears that many on OOF are threatened by diversity, which is an observation made on threads and posts over a long period of time, not just this one.

It seems stereotypes and clichès are used to create an archetypal image of vegetarians and vegans, and people take their limited experience of them and extrapolate it and label all vegetarians and vegans the same. This is the height of ignorance, stupidity and prejudiced behaviour; when other groups of people are summarised in this way, it's known as racism, sexism etc.

There are many reasons why people might choose to follow a vegetarian or vegan lifestyle, sustainability, health reasons, ethical reasons, cost, religious reasons, care for the world and environment are just a few.

None of the vegetarians or vegans I know preach their ideas, and certainly don't display the level of intolerance shown on this thread. Perhaps people here are threatened by diversity?

For the record, I became vegetarian about 6 years ago, and vegan about 3 years ago. But my world view makes no difference to my points, which are objective, not opinion.

Contrary to the general theme here, I as a vegan, am preached to and judged the most by non vegetarians and non vegans. One idea I have about that is that many people as we know, engage in 'group think' (look it up if you don't know the finer points), where people with undeveloped personalities follow the consensus and are threatened by different ideas, and then attack them (probably due to their insecurity). This and the fact that many people, again, with undeveloped personalities, are driven by self interest and instinct, as oppose to higher purposes, the bigger picture, and the greater good.

Some might see this post as threatening, retaliatory, insulting etc. which would reflect more on them than me. It is not intended as such. The intelligent will realise this.

Ranting replies containing insults and unreasoned ideas not welcome, I'd rather have a reasoned informed debate than a slanging match.
TC and BnQ Trade holder.
I'll out pull you with my caravan!
V6 locking kit available locally, with deposit.

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 26 September 2015, 19:23:34 »

Mmmmmm, Steak!  8)
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 26 September 2015, 21:01:58 »

Last time my vegetable sister ate meat, she got up the duff :P
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #21 on: 26 September 2015, 21:04:02 »

Your sister is a vegetable   ???

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 26 September 2015, 21:04:50 »

Aren't all vegetarians?
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #23 on: 26 September 2015, 21:09:24 »

Aren't all vegetarians?
Ermmmmm,....I guess so..... ;D

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 26 September 2015, 22:39:28 »

I'm not knocking vegetarians or vegans in anyway at all.If that is what they choose to eat then fine but for someone to suggest meat eaters[which humans have been since basically the dawn of the species]should be treated in a like manner to smokers[and I'm one of those too]and there should be a campaign launched to stop them is just too utterly absurd for words in my opinion.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 26 September 2015, 23:04:12 »

Well, it was my burfday last week, so I've just gone out and eaten so much dead pig that I can barely move.  :D

Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

SteveAvfc.

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol
    • Mv6 2.6 V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 26 September 2015, 23:36:58 »

Vegans WTF look like they could do with a big fat juicey half pounder. The only thing that survives on seed is Budgies.
If you work and do your best you get the sack just like the rest.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 27 September 2015, 16:30:55 »

I like 'the idea' of a really juicy and succulent steak.

I've virtually given up on the perfect steak because I'm lucky if I eat one in ten that is truly'melt in the mouth' tender.  :-\

As an MP she needs to get out a bit more. As a card carrying member Lord opti should suggest they go to one of these highly recommended restaurants to discuss the finer points of being a carnivore and at the same time he can have a juicy succulent steak to savour and remember. :y ;D ;D ;D

http://www.timeout.com/london/restaurants/londons-best-restaurants-for-steak
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 27 September 2015, 17:35:13 »

"Rods 2", I always have difficulty with steaks because I'm an awkward Bugger - I like mine well done - NO pink - but still moist and succulent, not dried out and like tough cardboard.
There are very few chefs that can comply with my wants; do you know of any, as you seem to be a connoisseur?

Ron.

geoffr70

• Omega Baron
  • Sunderland
  • Boobies
    • F/L 3.0 Elite, 3.0 MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 27 September 2015, 18:06:18 »

Vegans WTF look like they could do with a big fat juicey half pounder. The only thing that survives on seed is Budgies.

Hmmmm, that's exactly the kind of idiotic, ignorant and inane response I was talking about. I wouldn't really expect much more though. Omegas are old cars now, with little value, and as such are now in the reach of the lower socio-economic groups in society, which is obvious from some of the drivel posted on this forum!
TC and BnQ Trade holder.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 27 September 2015, 18:30:42 »

"Rods 2", I always have difficulty with steaks because I'm an awkward Bugger - I like mine well done - NO pink - but still moist and succulent, not dried out and like tough cardboard.
There are very few chefs that can comply with my wants; do you know of any, as you seem to be a connoisseur?

Ron.

My first wife had the same problem and getting a steak well done was easy here compared with France! IME most chefs will make a steak well done, if requested, but the fact there are different ideas of well done and it is much more difficult to judge makes it much more hit and miss process where the chef will tend to err on the underdone side, so the steak may have to go back more than once. Medium rare is what a steak chef will recommend as the most tender cooking level for a steak and is also the easiest to judge by how much 'bounce' the meat has. Fortunately, this is how I prefer mine but I can understand your difficulties and others who don't like pink meat, where cooked all the way through but not overdone may take more than one attempt. I used to find politeness and firmness by sending it back until it cooked to your preference does work here but 'bien cuit' was more challenging in France!

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 27 September 2015, 18:53:22 »

Why would you want all vegans to die out to? Do you know any? Do you have any awareness or understanding of veganism?

This thread promotes meat eating, and attacks vegetarians and vegans for their alleged holier than though, preaching, and judgemental attitudes and behaviour towards meat eaters, yet it seems that same attitude is the norm here, against vegetarians and vegans. That's quite contradictory and very hypocritical I'd say. It appears that many on OOF are threatened by diversity, which is an observation made on threads and posts over a long period of time, not just this one.

It seems stereotypes and clichès are used to create an archetypal image of vegetarians and vegans, and people take their limited experience of them and extrapolate it and label all vegetarians and vegans the same. This is the height of ignorance, stupidity and prejudiced behaviour; when other groups of people are summarised in this way, it's known as racism, sexism etc.

There are many reasons why people might choose to follow a vegetarian or vegan lifestyle, sustainability, health reasons, ethical reasons, cost, religious reasons, care for the world and environment are just a few.

None of the vegetarians or vegans I know preach their ideas, and certainly don't display the level of intolerance shown on this thread. Perhaps people here are threatened by diversity?

For the record, I became vegetarian about 6 years ago, and vegan about 3 years ago. But my world view makes no difference to my points, which are objective, not opinion.

Contrary to the general theme here, I as a vegan, am preached to and judged the most by non vegetarians and non vegans. One idea I have about that is that many people as we know, engage in 'group think' (look it up if you don't know the finer points), where people with undeveloped personalities follow the consensus and are threatened by different ideas, and then attack them (probably due to their insecurity). This and the fact that many people, again, with undeveloped personalities, are driven by self interest and instinct, as oppose to higher purposes, the bigger picture, and the greater good.

Some might see this post as threatening, retaliatory, insulting etc. which would reflect more on them than me. It is not intended as such. The intelligent will realise this.

Ranting replies containing insults and unreasoned ideas not welcome, I'd rather have a reasoned informed debate than a slanging match.

I personally don't have a problem with vegetarians or vegans but I do have a problem with bigoted ministers trying to impose their views on perfectly legal activities and that would also apply if they wanted to force everybody to eat meat. If we all tried to stop what we don't like it would not take long before everything was illegal and so all foods and beverages were banned! Not a sensible way for adults to behave especially when they get into positions of power and conveniently forget the views of the majority that elected them there. :( :( :( :(

When you meet a supreme bigot with very fixed views it is alarming what they would ban. Somebody I know would ban all heavy rock music as it is just a jarring noise to him, all immigrants and deport them, all religions apart from CofE, all two wheeled transport as they are difficult to see and dangerous, all lorries as they clog up roads, all smoking (as an ex-smoker) etc, etc. He makes Alf Garnet look like a libertarian and Victor Mildew is Mr Happy. His idea of tolerance is that everybody must agree and comply with his views ::) :o ;D ;D
« Last Edit: 27 September 2015, 18:55:02 by Rods2 »

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 27 September 2015, 20:17:51 »

Ron.

My aunt Viv took her father out to dinner the first time he visited her in Paris. This was after he should have retired, and was the first time he'd been abroad. He was both fussy and unadventurous with food, so he had steak. It was ordered well done, which was how it was served. His reaction? It's not cooked! The third time it went back, Viv's French husband told the waiter to burn the bloody thing, which finally meet with Grandad's approval.

korum

• Derby
    • 2003 3.2 Irmscher MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 27 September 2015, 20:21:07 »

Hmmmm, that's exactly the kind of idiotic, ignorant and inane response I was talking about. I wouldn't really expect much more though. Omegas are old cars now, with little value, and as such are now in the reach of the lower socio-economic groups in society, which is obvious from some of the drivel posted on this forum!

Well this is just the sort of sanctimonious rubbish vegans get known for, in your first post you comment about stereotypes and cliches then in this post you suggest that steve is poor and therefore be an ignorant inane idiot which goes against the last sentence of your last post.

so while I don't care if your a vegan or not (its up to you) i don't believe people in positions of influence should be spouting rubbish as this woman did.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 27 September 2015, 21:27:50 »

Rods, I had a similar experience in Spain a few years back; after I had sent my steak back FOUR times, the chef must have got the ache with me because he absolutely cremated it and it was solid charcoal and of course inedible!
I did not get a bill.....

Ron.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 27 September 2015, 21:31:33 »

Rods, I had a similar experience in Spain a few years back; after I had sent my steak back FOUR times, the chef must have got the ache with me because he absolutely cremated it and it was solid charcoal and of course inedible!
I did not get a bill.....

Ron.

Probably just as well Ron as he may have added some 'Gentlemans Relish' as well!  :o  ;D

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 27 September 2015, 21:34:35 »

Smegging hell!

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 29 September 2015, 02:34:10 »

Irony overload.

I know it is childish, but if I were in sight of you now, I'd be making a hand gensture.... You really are a self-righteous, sanctimoniousness, moron.

Go and eat a steak - You never know, you might like it.... It might also dislodge some of that shit you are so full of  >:(

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 29 September 2015, 03:03:15 »

D to the P.

As the 'Modify' button has left the planet, I'd like to blame auto-correct for the incorrect grammar.  ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 29 September 2015, 17:38:48 »

Children, children, if you can't play nicely, I'll ask the headmaster to close the playground.

Warning 1 fired >:(
Grumpy old man

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 29 September 2015, 21:25:36 »

Hey folks, this was not posted as an 'attack veggies'.....but as an advice on what a certain MP was voicing.
If she (or anyone) wishes to be a veggie, or vegan, that is there choice.
My point was, as Rods2 and others confirmed, do as you wish, but do not make obnoxious statements against others who do not wish to follow your path.
People in her position should keep their mouths shut !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :y

PS Admins....sorry if this post caused 'problems' ......the original intention was far from that. :)

geoffr70

• Omega Baron
  • Sunderland
  • Boobies
    • F/L 3.0 Elite, 3.0 MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 02 October 2015, 00:28:50 »

Oh dear....I must've hit the nail right on the head to evoke some of these responses! Hmmm, people don't like the truth, clearly. As for sanctimonious, I think not. I live by certain rules that I have set myself, which clearly upsets and/or threatens others, who perhaps don't have the strength of character or willpower to do the same, and put immediate satisfaction, which generally comes in the form of physical pleasure, above a virtuous lifestyle. Instinct over enlightenment and awareness.

Becoming abusive and insulting tells me you've lost the debate and you know it, as you have no further (valid) points to make so therefore resort to abuse.

As for irony!!! These replies have reinforced my statements; inane, idiotic and ignorant, and generally indicative of the lower socio-economic groups as said. Surely an educated, intelligent person would listen to a range of views and offer constructive criticism, challenging some and supporting others, in a positive way? Above all, perhaps they would accept diversity and agree to disagree whilst still respecting the other parties' and their views. That, unsurprisingly, hasn't happened here, which is what I referred to in my first post.

No doubt you might try and turn it around and say I'm being insulting and stereotypical which is what 'korum' alluded to. Analysis and observation of social stratification isn't abusive at all, nor is it shit BM. Everybody needs to know their place. Also BM, thank you, but there is no need to salute me....that is the hand gesture you're talking about right? You wouldn't be in sight of me, as I wouldn't be seen in some of the places you go, I have class after all!

The responses here have supported my assertions that non vegetarians and non vegans are the most intolerant. It's puzzling that non vegans judge me for being a vegan (and become abusive as seen) and generally have a negative attitude towards me because of it, without knowing why I am vegan! That is the height of ignorance!
TC and BnQ Trade holder.

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 02 October 2015, 00:44:25 »

Oh dear....I must've hit the nail right on the head to evoke some of these responses! Hmmm, people don't like the truth, clearly. As for sanctimonious, I think not. I live by certain rules that I have set myself, which clearly upsets and/or threatens others, who perhaps don't have the strength of character or willpower to do the same, and put immediate satisfaction, which generally comes in the form of physical pleasure, above a virtuous lifestyle. Instinct over enlightenment and awareness.

Becoming abusive and insulting tells me you've lost the debate and you know it, as you have no further (valid) points to make so therefore resort to abuse.

As for irony!!! These replies have reinforced my statements; inane, idiotic and ignorant, and generally indicative of the lower socio-economic groups as said. Surely an educated, intelligent person would listen to a range of views and offer constructive criticism, challenging some and supporting others, in a positive way? Above all, perhaps they would accept diversity and agree to disagree whilst still respecting the other parties' and their views. That, unsurprisingly, hasn't happened here, which is what I referred to in my first post.

No doubt you might try and turn it around and say I'm being insulting and stereotypical which is what 'korum' alluded to. Analysis and observation of social stratification isn't abusive at all, nor is it shit BM. Everybody needs to know their place. Also BM, thank you, but there is no need to salute me....that is the hand gesture you're talking about right? You wouldn't be in sight of me, as I wouldn't be seen in some of the places you go, I have class after all!

The responses here have supported my assertions that non vegetarians and non vegans are the most intolerant. It's puzzling that non vegans judge me for being a vegan (and become abusive as seen) and generally have a negative attitude towards me because of it, without knowing why I am vegan! That is the height of ignorance!

Why is it you feel that you have to try and undermine everyone who doesn't follow your lifestyle?  Are you really that shallow?

Strength, Willpower???? What on earth are you talking about?  Why would I want to exclusively eat seeds, nut and pulses?  It's stupid when we have this massive array of foods on offer.

Lower Socio-economic group?  I can afford meat thank you.  A higher value product than, grass for example.  My food eats the grass.  Ta.

Oh, I can assure you, I'd never salute you!  And I'm sure you wouldn't be in some of the places I go.  I very much boubt you'd be welcome at Grillstock.  Shame, I'd buy you a lovely bit of meat!  As far the 'class' statement, you are from Sunderland.  Shall we not go there, eh?
« Last Edit: 02 October 2015, 00:50:31 by Broomies Mate »

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 02 October 2015, 01:00:13 »

Sorry for the DP again, BUT.............

More to the point - You have made 4 posts in 2015 - 2 of which have been in this thread, and the other two were flogging something.

Why do you bother contributing 'dangle berries' to a forum such as this?

You've not offered any input which is beneficial to a car related forum in the slightest.

Get a hobby, you over sensitive bellend.

(Don't care if I get banned if it's for the benefit of the forum)

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 02 October 2015, 01:09:29 »

..Becoming abusive and insulting tells me you've lost the debate and you know it, as you have no further (valid) points to make so therefore resort to abuse.

don't worry stella the pisshead keyboard warrior has previous.  this thread is the most oustanding example i have seen though.

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 02 October 2015, 02:54:49 »

(Don't care if I get banned if it's for the benefit of the forum)

yes it defo would be :-*

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 02 October 2015, 05:43:54 »

..Becoming abusive and insulting tells me you've lost the debate and you know it, as you have no further (valid) points to make so therefore resort to abuse.

don't worry stella the pisshead keyboard warrior has previous.  this thread is the most oustanding example i have seen though.
As shit stirring goes, you can hardly comment. Half of your 'previous' is of the same ilk, even if it was in the Test Zone ::) And actually, BMs take on the posting habits of some is actually spot on.

I wait with baited breath to see what tat you're looking to shift.

In the meantime I shall off and get a nice bacon and egg bap to set the day up, thankful in the knowledge that we live in a tolerant, multifaceted society.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 02 October 2015, 09:06:08 »

As a part-time veggie/vegan (for health reasons) I can see the effects of a healthy diet more than many as my medical condition tends to amplify the effects of good/poor diet accordingly.

That said I think it wrong that the state should be saying that you can/cannot eat meat.  Restricting where you can smoke I understand because you cannot smoke in an area without affecting others around you.  I also feel that it would be dangerous for some people especially anaemics whose health would suffer massively if they could not munch on a steak.

It is much like your personal beliefs, they are fine to have and even defend, but it is up to others to believe what they want to believe.  Once people understand this basic fact I think we would all get on better.  I have many friends, some extremely close, who have beliefs and stances which are fundamentally the opposite to my own.  I judge them on how nice a person they are and whether they would be there for me in a crisis.

korum

• Derby
    • 2003 3.2 Irmscher MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 02 October 2015, 09:22:51 »

sanctimonious - making a show of being morally superior to other people.   

Sorry but you come across as if your decision to be a vegan makes you somehow better then everyone else, see the connection? It also sounds like you're a religious nutter spouting about virtuous lifestyle and enlightenment and awareness.

Lost the debate due to throwing insults? now that is ironic seeing how you're also throwing insults at people.

I didn't allude to anything I stated a FACT that you are being stereotypical and insulting and then have the audacity to say that other people are being stereotypical and insulting, that is hypocritical and no one likes a hypocrite.

You didn't use Analysis and observation of social stratification, you used social stratification as a means to insult people.

No one has a negative attitude towards you because you're a vegan it's because you come across as a sanctimonious fool.

Oh and please do share your reasons for being a vegan and bring enlightenment to us all.

SteveAvfc.

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol
    • Mv6 2.6 V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 02 October 2015, 19:07:13 »

Quack Quack. Mad cow disease found in Wales, time to bring back the Horse Burgers.  ;D ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 02 October 2015, 19:17:29 »

There's a lot of mad cow's in Wales!  ::)  ;D

05omegav6

« Reply #51 on: 02 October 2015, 19:30:54 »

Long weekend in Barry anyone... :D

STEMO

« Reply #52 on: 02 October 2015, 19:48:57 »

Who's Barry?

05omegav6

« Reply #53 on: 02 October 2015, 19:53:45 »

Who's Barry?
Not that Barry you numpty ::)

THIS BARRY

:D

STEMO

« Reply #54 on: 02 October 2015, 19:55:18 »

Who's Barry?
Not that Barry you numpty ::)

THIS BARRY

:D
Oh...that Barry. No thanks...give me Barry Manilow any day.  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 02 October 2015, 19:56:07 »

FFS, it really is like dealing with adolescent kids in rutting season  >:(

Right, last and final warning. You all know who you are, I don't need to spell it out.
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 02 October 2015, 19:58:15 »

Just nuke the thread J  :y

STEMO

« Reply #57 on: 02 October 2015, 19:59:00 »

Yeah..barbecue it.  ;D

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 02 October 2015, 19:59:48 »

Yeah..barbecue it.  ;D

Don't forget to have some sauces on the side  :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 02 October 2015, 20:00:16 »

I have a friend who is a vegetarian and at times she can come across as pious.

I'm happy for Mrs Opti  to cook her a vegetarian meal......sometimes we join her as there are some tasty veggie treats.

However, If I ask for a meat dish when visiting her house she turns into Candice from 'Nuts in May'.... :-\

......'we don't eat dead animals in this house'

STEMO

« Reply #60 on: 02 October 2015, 20:02:17 »

Meat(protein), veggies (vitamins) and spuds (carbs)......works for me. :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 02 October 2015, 20:06:32 »

....and fibre.

So you don't get all 'bunged up'...

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 02 October 2015, 20:07:36 »

Should this not fall into the vegetable category? ::) ::) ;)

STEMO

« Reply #63 on: 02 October 2015, 20:09:01 »

Still carbohydrate.....and don't roll your eyes and wink at me...tart.  ;D

SteveAvfc.

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol
    • Mv6 2.6 V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 02 October 2015, 20:19:51 »

Still carbohydrate.....and don't roll your eyes and wink at me...tart.  ;D

Tart now what category does that fall into fish ?? ::)

05omegav6

« Reply #65 on: 02 October 2015, 20:23:01 »

I'm happy for Mrs Opti  to cook her a vegetarian meal......sometimes we join her as there are some tasty veggie treats.

However, If I ask for a meat dish when visiting her house she turns into Candice from 'Nuts in May'.... :-\

I can only guess where your mind goes for a response to that... ::)

And probably ends in a frosty walk home and a broken laptop ;D

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 02 October 2015, 21:11:26 »

Get your backside to Guffer Towers the day after a spearfishing session and you are guarranteed a feast Sir Opti  :y

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 02 October 2015, 21:24:00 »

Get your backside to Guffer Towers the day after a spearfishing session and you are guarranteed a feast Lord Sir Opti  :y

::) 

The old boy will spit out his carrot juice when he sees you've demoted him!  ;D

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 02 October 2015, 21:26:43 »

Get your backside to Guffer Towers the day after a spearfishing session and you are guarranteed a feast Lord Sir Opti  :y

::) 

The old boy will spit out his carrot juice when he sees you've demoted him!  ;D
I thought he was a [sic] Queen  ::)

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 02 October 2015, 22:09:57 »

As shit stirring goes, you can hardly comment. Half of your 'previous' is of the same ilk, even if it was in the Test Zone ::) And actually, BMs take on the posting habits of some is actually spot on.

In the meantime I shall off and get a nice bacon and egg bap to set the day up, thankful in the knowledge that we live in a tolerant, multifaceted society.

you're Chris Gixer aren't you?  nuff said.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 03 October 2015, 04:55:41 »

Guess again Mr Spoon... ;D

Anyways, TB has spoken, so wind your neck in that's that ;)
« Last Edit: 03 October 2015, 04:58:14 by Doctor Gollum »
Onanists always think outside the box.

General Melchett

• Northern France
    • A general doesn't drive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 03 October 2015, 07:11:41 »

you're Chris Gixer aren't you?  nuff said.

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

No no no noo you silly idiot.  I am Chris Gixer ::)

The ghost of Chris

• Anything with falkens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 03 October 2015, 07:27:44 »

Ahem.

05omegav6

« Reply #73 on: 03 October 2015, 07:52:33 »

::) ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 18 queries.