Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Low Mileage Record - Thanks COVID19!  (Read 5659 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Re: Low Mileage Record - Thanks COVID19!
« Reply #30 on: 27 January 2021, 19:21:55 »

Checked my app for the Battlebus, looks like about 1800 miles since the last MOT.
You have a battle bus app? Albs has a spreadsheet for his cars. You sad bastards  ;D
It allows me to berate my boss over the misery 28p a mile they give me, as I can conclusively prove that no car I own can be run for 28p per mile.

Not that he gives a toss, obviously, but I get that warm feeling....
Missus won't claim mileage, on principle, she reckons she gets paid enough for what she does without taking more money from the academy trust. But.........she could claim 37ppm.

Claim it then donate to a charity of choice.
Education academies are charities.
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 27 January 2021, 19:37:59 »

Checked my app for the Battlebus, looks like about 1800 miles since the last MOT.
You have a battle bus app? Albs has a spreadsheet for his cars. You sad bastards  ;D
It allows me to berate my boss over the misery 28p a mile they give me, as I can conclusively prove that no car I own can be run for 28p per mile.

Missus won't claim mileage, on principle, she reckons she gets paid enough for what she does without taking more money from the academy trust. But.........she could claim 37ppm.

Claim it then donate to a charity of choice.
Education academies are charities.

Are you sure the money she isn't claiming is going to a worthy cause, rather than in somebody's pocket? ::) ::) ::)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 27 January 2021, 20:04:29 »

The big beauty passed the MOT again without advisories today 8) 8) :y :y :y

Congratulations on the MOT pass Lizzie  :)
makes all that scrambling around on the floor worth while

;D ;D ;D :y

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 27 January 2021, 20:10:02 »

Blimey, that is poor! :o :o

For my police work I get 45p per mile.

Mind you I once enjoyed thousands of miles without cost: a free brand new quality company car and no tax penalty or costs. Oh, those were the days long gone! :'( :'( :D
« Last Edit: 27 January 2021, 20:11:38 by Lizzie Zoom »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 27 January 2021, 21:07:51 »

HMRC allow 45ppm upto a max of 10k miles. Presumably if you are home based the actual amount might well be dependant on the tax rate.
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 28 January 2021, 12:39:52 »

We get the full 45ppm, but don't do a huge amount of work mileage in our own vehicles. It does make it worth the trip to Luton/Mancchester when required though  8)
I used to with my previous place, but with this bunch of tightwads, just 28p.  However, I am allowed to claim tax relief on the tax I paid on the remaining 17p (so around 3-6p, depending on if we are basic or higher rate tax payers).  How generous they are.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 28 January 2021, 12:43:22 »

Either way, I lose money, so I keep all the data, so I can use it as ammo as and when required.

Not that they like us using private cars, and prefer us to hire them instead, but I aint doing that in the current climate. Its bad enough I have to go to the sites of the great unwashed as it is, without getting into a crap hire car that has been through a carwash and classed as meticulously sterilised.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 28 January 2021, 13:08:18 »

Either way, I lose money, so I keep all the data, so I can use it as ammo as and when required.

Not that they like us using private cars, and prefer us to hire them instead, but I aint doing that in the current climate. Its bad enough I have to go to the sites of the great unwashed as it is, without getting into a crap hire car that has been through a carwash and classed as meticulously sterilised.
Calm down, lad. Sounds to me like you're having mental health problems.  ;D
Diesel till I die

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 28 January 2021, 16:06:49 »

Calm down, lad. Sounds to me like you're having mental health problems.  ;D
Yes, maybe I should have a "mental health day" that seems all the rage at our place now, particularly when you have run out of leave...
Grumpy old man

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 29 January 2021, 10:35:05 »

When I did those trips to head office I was offered a hire car. But as I would have had to arrange it and its return, deal with all the resulting paperwork, plus pay and claim for any fuel used it wasn't worth the hassle to me. I also found the £115 profit of using my own car useful :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 29 January 2021, 16:09:19 »

When I did those trips to head office I was offered a hire car. But as I would have had to arrange it and its return, deal with all the resulting paperwork, plus pay and claim for any fuel used it wasn't worth the hassle to me. I also found the £115 profit of using my own car useful :y
Not withstanding the sort of shite I get from the hire company are utter crap like Hyundai i40 or Nissan Joke.

But it costs me money to use my nice comfy cars.  So makes it a difficult choice before this sniffle thing came along...
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 29 January 2021, 16:39:46 »

The i40 is a pretty decent car. As appliances go :y

Everytime I see a Joke I have to overcome the urge to set light to it. A chap at work has one. On finance. With black wheels  :-X

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 29 January 2021, 16:52:08 »

The i40 is a pretty decent car. As appliances go :y
You are very strange.  They are god awful heaps of junk.  They don't go, they don't stop well, they don't do corners, but worse of all, they are horrible sprung to make them a spine killer. And the seats are shite.

There is absolutely nothing to like about them.

I tend to ask for Fifi/Corsa class now instead, just to avoid the i40, seeing as Enterprise seem to have bought millions of the bloody things.  Imagine my heart sink when they deliver one, proudly proclaiming I've been "upgraded"  >:(
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 29 January 2021, 17:14:33 »

I took an i40 to Orkney and back, and whilst it obviously wasn't my first choice of car, it did so with zero fuss or effort and did about 1,800 miles on less than three tanks of diseasal. The only thing that broke was a rear seat belt buckle and clasp... And that was thanks to a week with a one year old puppy rather than any fault of the car  :D

If I didn't have a penchant for Mercs, it would be on my list of appliances long before a VAG product.
« Last Edit: 29 January 2021, 17:16:58 by Doctor Gollum »

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 29 January 2021, 18:07:51 »

I'd happily have one too.

I've driven a couple, and can't remember anything about them. Which is a good thing because it means there was absolutely nothing that was annoying, uncomfortable or didn't work in an unintuitive way. Of course it also means there was nothing exciting about them, but a car like that is a tool for getting up to four people from A to B in an efficient way.

It's one of the things I liked about the Omega compared to its competitors; that it went about the business of being a car without any pretentious or pretend design/sportiness/image.

Trying to make that sort of car meet media roadtester's requirements of being exciting to drive and look at is what led to the mk1 Focus, which did that by being an awful thing to look at, use, drive or be driven in.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.