Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Air Con not working  (Read 630 times)

9jdm

• Lancashire and Ireland
    • View Profile
Air Con not working
« on: 05 September 2010, 00:10:23 »

Guys I have searched the site and cannot find an answer. My aircon is not providing cold . I have tried turning to ECO at tickover and back to AUTO. The rev gauge moves slightly but there is no significant drop in revs as you would expect when the condenser trips in. When I reduce the fan speed to minimal and do the same test there is a noise from behind the facia panel like it is trying to work-a bit like water in a pipe. Before the hot spell it worked fine. Before I try a regas is there any checks I can do to id the problem. Thanks.

Bionic

• Omega Knight
  • Leicester
  • Why drive anything else?
    • 1999 F/L 3.0 Elite saloon
    • View Profile
Re: Air Con not working
« Reply #1 on: 05 September 2010, 06:09:26 »

Ok m8, have a go at this. Firstly give the underbonnet area and engine a good wash to get rid of any old evidence. Once its clean the best thing to do is simply to pop it into a regassing centre, not the VX stealers, prickfit or haflords though cos from experience they are far too expensive and not as good as they say they are, and the usual practice is that they de-gas it by vacuum then re-gas it and add a UV flourescing dye. They then run it until the aircon is working and then the test for leaks. Try NOT to use a place that uses the Electronic' sniffer though because they are unreliable and give many false alerts. Use a place that use the dye then searches for leaks with a UV lamp which makes the dye light up.
If they do discover a leak they will offer to do it for you but ask on this forum for a recommendation of a place near you that has been used by an oofer's before.
Remember, the mig is a funny car and not a lot know how to service their needs. many can talk the talk but very few can do the walk too.
Hope you have a cold blast soon,
bionic
Too old to suffer, too young to die!
Autobahnstormers Trade Cards now accepted at Drive Leicester and at Marshall's Vauxhall.

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 September 2010, 14:27:02 »

Is the aircon pump clutch engaging when you turn on 'auto'? If not it will likely be low gas pressure. :-/
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #3 on: 05 September 2010, 14:34:10 »

Before any full scale work to fix, just try to a simple exercise:  hold both the "Auto" and "Off" buttons in together for at least 5 seconds.

It may not work, but nothing to be lost! :D ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.