Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 31   Go Down

Author Topic: CV 19 vaccination  (Read 38887 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Re: CV 19 vaccination
« Reply #210 on: 25 December 2020, 19:06:29 »

The way I read it, earlier in the week, the first jab gives about 91% protection and the second bumps it up to 95%. If that is true, what he's saying makes sense.
Diesel till I die

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 25 December 2020, 19:08:46 »

Thought that the first jab was only round the 70% mark. :-\

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 25 December 2020, 19:09:57 »

Thought that the first jab was only round the 70% mark. :-\
I'll play with me Google and get back, Ronny, I did say the way I read it, could be wrong.
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 25 December 2020, 19:14:20 »

Looks like I misunderstood, Ronny, I think I read two jabs protects 90% of people, I can't find the actual level of protection, sorry.
Diesel till I die

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 25 December 2020, 19:15:21 »

I've had a quick look as well Steve and it seems to depend on what organisation you read. :)

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 26 December 2020, 07:56:10 »

Had my chip injected last week, the only effect I’ve noticed is a desire to drink more whisky and an email from that nice Warren E Buffet wanting to send me $250,000,000. As soon as it arrives I’ll buy you all a new e-scooter, must’nt spend it all at once.  ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 28 December 2020, 19:24:15 »

Just on the BBC that Hungary have broken ranks and have taken delivery of Russia's Sputnik V vaccine which hasn't been authorised by the EMA. Naughty naughty, and what will Auntie Ursula say?  :o

Talking of the BBC, on last nights 'News' at 10 they did a 5 minute report on the EU starting it's vaccination programme, reporting from Berlin and how they are using a disused airport as a vaccination centre.  Not a word about the EU being 3 weeks behind the UK or a couple of weeks behind the USA or why.  ::)

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 28 December 2020, 20:14:04 »

Just on the BBC that Hungary have broken ranks and have taken delivery of Russia's Sputnik V vaccine which hasn't been authorised by the EMA. Naughty naughty, and what will Auntie Ursula say?  :o

Talking of the BBC, on last nights 'News' at 10 they did a 5 minute report on the EU starting it's vaccination programme, reporting from Berlin and how they are using a disused airport as a vaccination centre.  Not a word about the EU being 3 weeks behind the UK or a couple of weeks behind the USA or why.  ::)

The problem of 20+ countries trying to agree on anything. We should leave,....Oh, wait a minute. ;)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 28 December 2020, 20:22:32 »

Sputnik V , is that the one which requires alcoholic abstinence? Something like 10 days before and 46 afterwards? That will be popular!

Not a word about UK and USA. Not true, plenty on Spanish news but we have left so why would they major on non EU stuff. Britain never reports much on Europe preferring our colonies across the Atlantic.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 28 December 2020, 20:34:59 »

Sputnik V , is that the one which requires alcoholic abstinence? Something like 10 days before and 46 afterwards? That will be popular!

Not a word about UK and USA. Not true, plenty on Spanish news but we have left so why would they major on non EU stuff. Britain never reports much on Europe preferring our colonies across the Atlantic.
I read Sir Tiggs post as an observation on the highly esteemed quality of BBC reporting, rather the overall level of reporting on a the bureaucracy of EU regulation.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 28 December 2020, 21:20:10 »

I read Sir Tiggs post as an observation on the highly esteemed quality of BBC reporting, rather the overall level of reporting on a the bureaucracy of EU regulation.

Yes I was talking about that specific report from the BBC last night.  Why wouldn't they mention that the EU is way behind the UK and USA with their vaccination programme?  ???

If Brexit Britain was 3 weeks behind the EU and USA, the UK MSM would be in full hysteria mode! ?  ;D

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 28 December 2020, 21:39:35 »

Yes I was talking about that specific report from the BBC last night.  Why wouldn't they mention that the EU is way behind the UK and USA with their vaccination programme?  ???

If Brexit Britain was 3 weeks behind the EU and USA, the UK MSM would be in full hysteria mode! ?  ;D

Because, as I pointed out last week, every EU country is free to make it's own decisions on health matters. Hungary is not bound by the decisions of the EMA - unless it chooses to be. Any EU country can chose to approve (or not) any drug they like. They could decide that approval from the UK MHRA, or the US FDA, or whatever the Russian equivalent is, is Ok for them.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 28 December 2020, 22:07:40 »

The vaccine that needs storing at very low temp has run into predictable problems in both Germany and here in Spain where the temp got to high at some later stage between manufacture and delivery to patients. Not surprising.

I think Britain is well placed having placed big orders for the vaccine that doesnt require storing at such low temp.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 28 December 2020, 22:53:56 »

Because, as I pointed out last week, every EU country is free to make it's own decisions on health matters. Hungary is not bound by the decisions of the EMA - unless it chooses to be. Any EU country can chose to approve (or not) any drug they like. They could decide that approval from the UK MHRA, or the US FDA, or whatever the Russian equivalent is, is Ok for them.

Whether they could make their own decisions or whether they would are different issues.  :P

I don't believe that if Britain was still in the EU for example we would have taken the actions we have and would have slavishly waited for the EMA to authorise the vaccine.  The fact that we didn't wait and cracked on after the MRHA's approval show a shift in culture in Whitehall.  This is a good sign for the future.  :y

I don't know whether Hungary's actions have any significance in the grand scheme of things, but the fact that they were not prepared to sit around waiting for the EU to get it's act together is interesting nontheless.  I am sure that Hungary's actions will not go down well in the Palace of Berlaymont!  :)

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 29 December 2020, 00:09:41 »

Indeed, not a bit of support/enthusiasm for its own country/financiers. BBC is rapidly loosing the plot.
Laying a rubber road.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 31   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.