Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BT sport . . free !  (Read 554 times)

Big_Al

BT sport . . free !
« on: 18 August 2013, 12:30:52 »

Crikey . . .  just found out that Virgin are supplying me  BT Sport 1 & 2  &  ESPN  again  all for  free to customers with the XL  tv package  :o :o

Was gonna shift supplier as Virgin had lost ESPN   but will have to have  a rethink now as i've got that back as well as the BT sport channels    :-\ :-\

Just wondering how long it will be before we get charged for it though  :'( :'(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: BT sport . . free !
« Reply #1 on: 18 August 2013, 13:11:47 »

I *think* (having read the briefings, but struggled to decode the wankword bingo) that BT have sold a licence for Virgin to broadcast it, and Virgin have included it in their top package.
Grumpy old man

Big_Al

« Reply #2 on: 18 August 2013, 13:38:59 »

I *think* (having read the briefings, but struggled to decode the wankword bingo) that BT have sold a licence for Virgin to broadcast it, and Virgin have included it in their top package.
[/highlight]

must be the case then TB . .       just had it on  . . .& it works  . .    happy days  for the time being  ;) ;)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 August 2013, 14:48:58 »

From what I have read Virgin are the only supplier with Sky Sports and BT Sport in one package price. Good to see that Sky are getting some real competition at last.  :y :y :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

albitz

« Reply #4 on: 18 August 2013, 15:09:28 »

Its not competition in my view. I can currently watch MotoGP on the BBC. Once Ive paid my compulsory TV tax ( >:() its free to view.
I also have a basic SKY package which allows me to watch it on Eurosport.
After the end of this season I have the choice of paying even more just to be able to view it,or bin SKY and replace it with BT or Virgin.
Imo,it will seriously damage MotoGP in the U.K. by taking it away from the two current options for viewing it.
Ive been watching since the mid 70,s but unless something changes I wont be watching after this year. :(

Big_Al

« Reply #5 on: 18 August 2013, 15:55:50 »

In my & swmbo's case Albs it's football . . . & all the sport channels  I suppose

our   virgin bill is around the £90 a month mark  . . phone  .  .broadband   . . XL   TV  + all sky sports

I love the footer & follow it as much as I can . I would usually watch at least 10 live games a month.

If we were to go to just one premier league game , with travel &  a bit of grub & refreshment , it would be at least £100

multiply that by the 10 games  =  £1000     :o :o :o :o    so a no brainer for me  . .    got a good deal in my book . :y :y

Plus  .  .now getting BT sport & NSPN  games as well :y :y

albitz

« Reply #6 on: 18 August 2013, 16:01:56 »

Didn't realise you were  footballist Al. I used to like you. :P ;D

Big_Al

« Reply #7 on: 18 August 2013, 16:46:46 »

Didn't realise you were  footballist Al. I used to like you. :P ;D

sorry mate !  Promise I won't talk footer when I see yer next  . .     I like a bit of bike racing as well though .   .. . 

used to go years ago  a lot of years ago  . .  . Transatlantic trophy etc,  Phil Read, Agostini , Percy Tait , John Williams , Paul Smart . . .

Barry Sheene was a mere slip of a lad then .   The name Cal Rayborne of the USA team  comes to mind  . . .works Harley Davidson  team I seem to remember

Long time ago though  . . . .   :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

albitz

« Reply #8 on: 18 August 2013, 17:13:38 »

That was a loooooong time ago. ;) ;D A privilege to have seen the great Agostini race though. :y

omega3000

« Reply #9 on: 18 August 2013, 18:00:12 »

Maybe BT think they are onto a winner and will be expecting the FLSS (Follow Like Sheep Syndrome) to kick in and switch . Sure as hell wont get my money .
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 19 queries.