Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Car insurance problem  (Read 254 times)

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
Car insurance problem
« on: 15 February 2010, 13:09:55 »

When I put Project Gamble on the road I insured her with Done Deal who at the time offered me the best through various comparaison websites.  I remember being asked the origin of the no claims bonus and I selected that some or all of them had been accrued in the EU.  (2 of my 5 years accrued in Germany)

My insurance company in Germany is taking its time providing proof as they have to translate it into years and then english which they have agreed to do.

While chasing up the proof oof no claims I mentioned that Axa in Germany were taking their time...... at which point I was put on hold for ages while he called the underwriters and confirmed that mt no claims would be invalid.  I have 3 years in the UK and they would accept them would I like to take out a new policy as I have just cancelled the old one.

You can imagine my response, I think the young lads ears are still ringing.

My question is, I feel I was missold the policy as I clearly stated the origin of the NCB while starting the policy.  Do I have a case for official complaint and if so to whom?

STMO999

Re: Car insurance problem
« Reply #1 on: 15 February 2010, 13:15:10 »

When I put Project Gamble on the road I insured her with Done Deal who at the time offered me the best through various comparaison websites.  I remember being asked the origin of the no claims bonus and I selected that some or all of them had been accrued in the EU.  (2 of my 5 years accrued in Germany)

My insurance company in Germany is taking its time providing proof as they have to translate it into years and then english which they have agreed to do.

While chasing up the proof oof no claims I mentioned that Axa in Germany were taking their time...... at which point I was put on hold for ages while he called the underwriters and confirmed that mt no claims would be invalid.  I have 3 years in the UK and they would accept them would I like to take out a new policy as I have just cancelled the old one.

You can imagine my response, I think the young lads ears are still ringing.

My question is, I feel I was missold the policy as I clearly stated the origin of the NCB while starting the policy.  Do I have a case for official complaint and if so to whom?

Don't they use years in Germany?

ians

• Omega Baron
  • Reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 February 2010, 13:15:57 »

Do you have anything from the original policy setup in writing?

Might be worth another call to them - talk to someone else to question why they cancelled the policy when they said it was ok originally?

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 February 2010, 14:44:59 »

Sounds like a call to the Insurance Ombudsman might be worth a try.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.