Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: suspended Irish teacher  (Read 2128 times)

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
suspended Irish teacher
« on: 07 September 2022, 15:56:42 »

apparently, an Irish teacher got himself suspended for refusing to call a pupil by a name that the pupil wished to be called 
 by & instead of accepting his paid leave suspension he went to school & sat in an empty classroom stating that he was there to work. however he was arrested & jailed by a judge until he agrees to bide by the courts ruling. the pupil in question is a transgender so it was a pronoun issue & the teacher would not call the pupil by the chosen female name.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: suspended Irish teacher
« Reply #1 on: 07 September 2022, 16:05:20 »

If the pupil wanted to be called a certain name then the teacher should have respected that.  Why not?

More must be in this story, but it seems the teacher chose not to be a neutral and wished to off load his personal views onto the pupil as was done in the distant past.

I wonder how old the pupil is, but that should not be relevant.  The pupils wish (and their parents?) should have priority. ;)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 September 2022, 16:11:31 »

I have now read this report:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/teacher-jailed-school-suspension-pronouns-b2160904.html

The teacher was certainly jailed for contempt of court after entering the school he had been banned from. He wanted to assert his religious views onto others.  Not good, and he got what he deserved.

Being religious is certainly not a crime, but stopping others in following their peaceful beliefs and freedom of choice certainly is. ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 September 2022, 16:13:23 »

If our laws state that a minor is not old/mature enough to have sex before becoming an adult, should we not say similar about changing gender or cross dressing?

If an adult wants to change, that's fine by me.  If a child wants to, I feel they should have to wait until such time they are an adult.
Grumpy old man

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 September 2022, 16:14:02 »

The kid in question is a boy. The teacher should refer to that boy as he/him.

We have done this for thousands of years and  it seems to work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07 September 2022, 16:17:47 »

If our laws state that a minor is not old/mature enough to have sex before becoming an adult, should we not say similar about changing gender or cross dressing?

If an adult wants to change, that's fine by me. If a child wants to, I feel they should have to wait until such time they are an adult.

Agreed. In other words teachers should ignore this woke crap. To pander to this kid would mean that compelled speech is OK.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 September 2022, 16:19:36 »

Not if “she” / “they” they recognised as being transgendered and wishes to be addressed differently than the reacher thinks is right. ;)
« Last Edit: 07 September 2022, 16:21:46 by Lizzie Zoom »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07 September 2022, 16:23:15 »

Not if “she” is recognised as being transgendered and wishes to be addressed differently than the reacher thinks is right. ;)

People can identify as they like. Good luck to them. Other people should not be compelled to go along with the delusion.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07 September 2022, 16:25:12 »

If an adult wants to change, that's fine by me.  If a child wants to, I feel they should have to wait until such time they are an adult.

But in the meantime the pupil should have the right to be called what they wish because they are recognising being transgendered.

As I have said many times, the vast majority of transgendered individuals who transition in adulthood felt they were of the opposite gender to their body from an early age.  From 5 years is common ;)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07 September 2022, 16:28:15 »

Not if “she” is recognised as being transgendered and wishes to be addressed differently than the reacher thinks is right. ;)

People can identify as they like. Good luck to them. Other people should not be compelled to go along with the delusion.

It is not a “delusion” to the individual, and that should be respected.  Why not?  Unless of course narrow minded individuals want to assert their views on others to “conform” to satisfy their own restricted lives. ;)

That is called a dictatorship! >:(

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07 September 2022, 16:29:39 »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07 September 2022, 16:34:55 »

It is not a “delusion” to the individual, and that should be respected.  Why not?  Unless of course narrow minded individuals want to assert their views on others to “conform” to satisfy their own restricted lives. ;)

That is called a dictatorship! >:(

No, Lizzie. A dictatorship is where people are forced to use words they don't choose to. Compelled speech. You should know better than be on board with that.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07 September 2022, 17:02:14 »

We don't have these problems in Barnsley, you're either a lad or a lass.
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07 September 2022, 17:07:06 »

We don't have these problems in Barnsley, you're either a lad or a lass.

In common with  99.99999999% of the globe.

Since when did the 0.0000000001% get to dictate the words we use?

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 07 September 2022, 17:29:39 »

You can post links trying to justify the anti-woke viewpoint, but we are dealing with REAL LIVES and individuals who just want to be themselves, how they feel.

There is widespread agreement that more must be done to protect those considered transgendered, especially the young, in addition to the Gender Recognition Act 2004, 2015 in Ireland.

I list the links that may interest you and help you and others to understand this human condition:

https://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/CBP-9078/CBP-9078.pdf

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2010/15/section/7

https://mermaidsuk.org.uk/news/gender-recognition-act-reform-what-happens-now/

I would also point out that this story is based on Ireland, and the school concerned ha stated:

“…..it is abiding by Ireland’s Equal Status Act 2000 by not discriminating against any student and was focused on the welfare of it’s pupils”

The laws are disjointed at the moment, in Ireland and here in the U.K., but the U.K. Equalites Act of 2010, amended in 2012, also covers how authorities should address Trans individuals, with it being an offence not to recognise vocally an individuals chosen image. The important issue is if an individual, including a child, has been recognised by the medical profession as being Transgendered.  That the gives that person the legal right to be called whatever their adopted gender status is.

As I say though, this all is a very important and serious issue for the individual involved, who I have witnessed so often going though major discomfort, distress, and ever suicide, to be who they really are.  That should be no one else’s business but themselves, and parents when a child is involved.

For a teacher to refuse to respect the law, the rules of a school as their employer, because of his personal views is out of order.  He should not be in the teaching profession if he wants to pursue his narrow minded “perfect world” .  This is 2021, not 1921.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.